Rounds and days they are done

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ajtev21, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I'm a little confused, I thought the only make up day was wednesday and if you can't get 3 rounds in by then, you're out of the tournament. Bulldog apparently shot 3 rounds at midnight or later last night and no one knew whether he would be in contention going into the final rounds. I know knight said his Internet fucked up on Wednesday, but what kind of attempt was made to get those rounds in Monday and Tuesday? 3 rounds, same conditions, calmer winds, and some great scores. Part of why you can't do 3 or 4 back to back to back is because you get in a groove and can shoot better scores after you know what the wind is doing. Know bulldog shot some impressive scores and that should not be downplayed, and it's not like he cheated, but I think across the board all of us have to do a better job of getting rounds in before the final round so we all know what we have to shoot to be in contention. If that means I have to run late night sessions every night I will, just pm me here or hit me up on xbox live and I will help people get rounds in before thursday.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I agree with this. Also Billiouscape made me aware of an issue playing his final round with firetirepanda1. I'm only the messenger here, but firetirepanda never showed up and as a result Billious couldn't get his final round in. Is there any solution to this?

3. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Bilious should be able to get his round in today. In reality unless he shoots a -22 or something unrealistic he is not going to win. He had all 3 rounds in by Wednesday.

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

ya but he could still shoot decent and get him some valuable points for standings and such

5. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I was also in panda's group for the final round, but if you talk to Basis and some of the other FC's they've been very accomodating to working with you, either by having a spot in their group or playing with you after. Uncleho had a spot in his group and I just moved my name and he found me when it was tee time. If you wanna get your round in, esp since we were scheduled at 5 pm est, you can do it.
    Also totally agree about playing the rounds as they should be. We should go out of our way to accomodate everyone, but those guys to be aware that the rest of us are playing a certain schedule and needs to adhere to that schedule as well. If that's not possible for a week, that's why only 8 of 11 tourneys are counted.

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Just to clear things up......

My net was out all weekend and Monday of last week. I played round 1 Tuesday night with @JFace907 and that's all the round(s) we could get in because he had to go to bed. I messaged @KnightNoles asking him to play makup rounds Wednesday night did't get a reply until the next day(Thursday), he never was online that night. So he posted in one of these threads i had an exemption, the reason was because i attempted to schedule rounds multiple times and plus my net was out for the opening day. I actually had the chance to play all makeup rounds Thursday night with @JFace907 but we didn't want to play them because everyone would think i was cheating or something because i was suppose to play them with @KnightNoles.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

This will rarely happen, but he had enough evidence that I thought he would be able to makeup all his stuff on the final day. He was trying to get everything in one the correct days and there were other things that JFace and I had going on. Basis was aware of the situation and I gave it a go. There is only a handful of people that are up as late as we are.

We weren't and are not trying to create any advantage by doing this, he just had some extenuating circumstances that I thought an exemption could be made.

This is closed unless @Basis4aDay56 wants to make a comment...

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Nope, I'm good. Everyone must know that bulldog's "exception" isn't the norm. Also, knowing knight, I can confidently say that there was no way he was trying to help anyone get an unfair advantage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.