Router question

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Mar 26, 2011.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I am trying to hook up my router to a new computer. I bought the router 1-2 years ago. For some reason the router did not come with installation disc. When I go to the company website for the router it says I need the disc. If I call the 800 nuimber they tell me I need to pay essentially the cost of a new router for 6 months of technical service.

I don't need the router internet service with my provider, I don't need it to play online with ps3 either. I need it to hook up my AiRave to it so I can get better cell signal at my house. Closest cell tower is 15-20 miles away and my internet provider went from cable to wireless 6-9 months ago and I need a wired connection to hook the AiRave up.

If anyone can help that would be great.

2. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

does the company not have a installation disk that u could pay and send to u for that model? or is it out of style?? :)

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What router?

You are trying to create a wired connection FROM your computer?

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1710869-install_wireless_router_without_cd

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Thanks, I tried that 1-2 weeks ago. If you click on the link for the netgear router it takes you to netgear website, then if you click on the link for your version of the router it takes you a different netgear site with a list of topics. The problem I keep running into is this is a different computer that I am trying to get the router hooked up to. The netgear website says they do not send out new cds, however, I never got a CD with it to begin with. I also called Netgear to have them send me a CD since I never got one. I was told by a man who sounded like he was from India, in order for Netgear to send me the CD that I never received with the original product, I would have to send them $69.99 for 6 months service agreement. This was even though they had it on their screen when I bought the router originally. The guy didn't like it when I said I could buy a new router for the same price.

I do appreciate the help though.

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Did you have any luck getting into your NetGear router, without the CD? I'm also curious what you needed the CD for that cannot be done via manual update from within the router GUI.