RPI Rankings: 2036 Season Final

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by HAL9100, Nov 12, 2014.

1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    2036 Final RPI Rankings

2036 RPI Final.png
    • 1 Game To Rule Them All: I've been doing RPI Rankings in a variety of leagues over the last 3 years. I have never seen an RPI so close that I've had to go to the 6th decimal to see a difference like there is with Diamondbacks and Dodgers. The best part? They play each other in the NL Wildcard Round. The RPI gives the D'Backs the edge with the narrowest of margins, but you couldn't have more of a toss up. Which team will show us they're better than the other?
    • Deja Vu: The Orioles and White Sox finish the 2036 season atop the RPI Rankings just like they did in the 2035 season. The 2035 season ended up with the Orioles and White Sox facing each other in the ALCS. Do the rest of the AL contenders(Angels, Royals, and Rays) really stand a chance of stopping that from happening again?
    • What's Wins Got To Do With It? The Cubs finished the 2036 season with the best record in the MLB but only rank 9th in the RPI thanks to the rest of the NL Central being amazingly bad(officially finishing the season ranked 27-30). With the playoffs here, can the Cubs show that their MLB worst schedule is a fluke and come away with their first championship since 1908?
    • Home Sick: The Tigers and Braves narrowly missed making the playoffs. They key culprit for both of them? They were both 38-43 on the road. It probably shouldn't be a surprise then that the Tigers lost 5 straight road games and the Braves lost 3 straight road games to finish the season and miss the playoffs by 1 and 2 games.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Bottom 4 aren't just bottom 4; they are way behind the 26th team...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    White Sox finished -11 vs projected? Yikes.

4. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Love these things

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

89 wins vs projected 70 wins on the year... too bad we couldn't win just one of those last 5 games

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Proud of my Rangers - battled through some devastating injuries this season and a 7-19 April to finish the year strong. Didn't have a losing month after that atrocious start and had the best record in the division after the All-Star break. Hopefully we can carry that momentum into next season.