RS Early Season Coach Interviews

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Sep 10, 2013.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Alright guys, we've been lacking in the content area here lately, so just to generate a little, I decided to try this out. I'm gonna interview one player with 10 questions of my choosing, then, that player will pick the next interviewee and ask them 10 new and/or similar questions until we've all been interviewed. I think it will be a fun way to generate some forum talk. Be creative guys!

So, RRAHx2,

There's been a lot of talk about the newest owner of America's most expensive team and the public is dying for some answers.

1. What made you buy this coveted Cowboys team?

2. What are your future plans for the team? Not just this year, but next year, 10 years later, and beyond?

3. What is your opinion on the new, college football influenced, spread option game in today's NFL?

4. You're in a very tough division and with the way that your division opponents have played thus far this season, what do you plan on doing to stop these highpowered Philly, New York, and Washington offenses?

5. There's been a lot of talk about this being a make or break year for Tony Romo. What are your thoughts and feelings on the subject?

6. Sean Lee has been playing like an all pro these first few games of the season. With Demarcus Ware getting older, is Sean Lee the future of this defense?

7. There's no question that Demarco Murray has the potential to be a game breaking running back for years to come, but there have been questions brought up about his durability. Does it worry you?

8. Dez Bryant has, unquestionably, been Tony Romo's go to receiver this year. Can fans in Dallas expect Dez to be here for the long haul?

9. There's a lot of talent in the upcoming draft with the potential of even more from some talented juniors. Are there any specific areas you plan to target with your picks this year?

10. Folks in Dallas feel like this is your year. Is this a super bowl team?

• Like Like x 4
  2. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

This sounds like a good idea. Would be nice to see this take off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeGeNd RiPs

RRAHx2, do your duty as an owner and answer some questions for the media!

4. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  5. LeGeNd RiPs

6. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Sorry guys, I had this all written up and ready to post, but my lap top shut down and lost my draft before I could post it. My bad, will do this first thing tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeGeNd RiPs

You're all good buddy!

8. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

1. What made you buy this coveted Cowboys team?

The Cowboys are a historically great franchise, and I want that reputation to continue. I am not a Cowboys fan, per say. However, I am a fan of the Cowboys tradition. Also, the Cowboys have arguably the biggest fan base in the country, and are regularly in the top of the league in merchandise sales. So they are a smart choice for any investor.

2. What are your future plans for the team? Not just this year, but next year, 10 years later, and beyond?

Eventually, I want to turn this defense into a 3-4 Zone Blitz scheme, and the offense into more of a Zone Run scheme.

3. What is your opinion on the new, college football influenced, spread option game in today's NFL?

I think it is effective when used in the right situations and with the right personnel. However, the more it is used, the more defenses will be prepared for it, and ultimately the less effective it will be. In college it is so successful, because the level of athleticism varies greatly, much more than it does in the NFL.

4. You're in a very tough division and with the way that your division opponents have played thus far this season, what do you plan on doing to stop these highpowered Philly, New York, and Washington offenses?

Play sound defense, and focus on not giving up the big play.

5. There's been a lot of talk about this being a make or break year for Tony Romo. What are your thoughts and feelings on the subject?

Considering the massive contract he was given in the off-season, he will be our QB for the foreseeable future.

6. Sean Lee has been playing like an all pro these first few games of the season. With Demarcus Ware getting older, is Sean Lee the future of this defense?

He is, if he can stay healthy. That is a big if.

7. There's no question that Demarco Murray has the potential to be a game breaking running back for years to come, but there have been questions brought up about his durability. Does it worry you?

No, if we can add a solid #2 back then I think that will take some of the load off of Murray.

8. Dez Bryant has, unquestionably, been Tony Romo's go to receiver this year. Can fans in Dallas expect Dez to be here for the long haul?

Yes, Dez Bryant is a franchise player.

9. There's a lot of talent in the upcoming draft with the potential of even more from some talented juniors. Are there any specific areas you plan to target with your picks this year?

I will always look to upgrade the defense, so that will probably be my first concern.

10. Folks in Dallas feel like this is your year. Is this a super bowl team?

It is if we can stay healthy and play smart football. On paper, we have one of the most talented teams in the league hands down.

Thanks for the time guys!

mmorgan184 same questions for you..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chief9

Chief9 Walk On

this is pretty cool

10. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

1. What made you buy this coveted Browns team?

I grew up in Cleveland and my whole family is full of Browns fans. I'm not allowed to be anything but a Browns fan.

I really need to upgrade the offense in a terrible way. I like the default playbooks a lot so there won't be any scheme changes. There will hopefully be a few Lombardis in Cleveland by the time Madden 15 comes out.

Football is a continual evolution of strategy. With the new rules in place to help out offenses, passing the ball will be more effective than ever before. They need to find a way to put some power back in the hands of the defense while maintaining player safety if we want to see teams pound it out on the ground 40 times a game.

4. You're in a very tough division and with the way that your division opponents have played thus far this season, what do you plan on doing to stop these highpowered Cincy, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh offenses?

I tried to change this question to be more relevant to my situation but non of these offense are high powered. The AFC North is such a weak division this year and whoever wins it is going to be the team who does the best at staying healthy and doing well outside of the division.

5. There's been a lot of talk about this being a make or break year for Brandon Weeden. What are your thoughts and feelings on the subject?

Weeden is done as soon as I acquire someone who can throw a football.

6. Barkevious Mingo has been playing like an all pro these first few games of the season. Is Barkevious Mingo the future of this defense?

Yes. Mingo will be here for the next decade terrorizing the NFL's quarterbacks. He and Kruger should make a hell of a pass-rushing duo.

7. There's no question that Trent Richardson has the potential to be a game breaking running back for years to come, but there have been questions brought up about his durability. Does it worry you?

Thankfully his durability isn't an issue in Madden. In real life I'm kinda glad they got a 1st-round pick in exchange for him. He wasn't adding anything to this team and now we might have a chance to get the #1 or #2 pick and hopefully land a true franchise QB.

8. Josh Gordon has, unquestionably, been Brandon Weeden's go to receiver this year. Can fans in Cleveland expect Josh to be here for the long haul?

Gordon will be getting a big extension as soon as he plays out his rookie contract. Gordon can become a true #1 receiver in the next year or two.

QB and CB. These are the positions I need to upgrade right now.

10. Folks in Cleveland feel like this is your year. Is this a super bowl team?

We are off to a 6-2 start. The two losses we had were to the Dolphins and Lions, who are both great teams, but we feel that we could've won either of those games with better QB play. We hope Weeden can find his stride down the stretch and manage the game better. We might still be another year from a Super Bowl, but as the saying goes "any given sunday".

I'll post questions for someone in a minute here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Crowe

1. Why did you pick the 49ers? You were the Jags last year? Was it that frustrating?

2. Kaepernick has been disappointing so far. What's your plan going forward?

3. You've lost to 2 out of 3 division opponents so far. How do you plan on bouncing back?

4. Anquan Boldin is pretty old and Vernon Davis is getting older. How do you plan on addressing the WR position over the next few seasons?

5. Any big changes in offensive of defensive scheme? The defense is pretty well tooled for a 3-4. Will you be keeping it that way?

6. Kendall Hunter has had some huge games for you. Is he the RB of the future for your franchise?

7. If the game doesn't automatically provide you a new stadium next season, what will be your plan then? Candlestick needs to be replaced pretty quickly.

8. Will the 49ers overcome their recent playoff struggles and finally get some rings?

12. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

1. Why did you pick the 49ers? You were the Jags last year? Was it that frustrating?

I admit I had a lot of fun building the Jags last year, but I mainly took them because I was a late arrival in the league, and wanted to use MJD. It turned into more fun than I was really expecting. I chose the 49ers because I have never used them and Patrick Willis is one of my favorite defensive players since Reggie White and Brian Dawkins (who I know is still freshly retired, but still...). So I guess the answer will be Patrick Willis was a main part of the decision. It was also said that I would no longer be an underdog after what I was able to do with the Jags last year.

2. Kaepernick has been disappointing so far. What's your plan going forward?

I have never really used a scrambling qb to their full potential (irony of using the Eagles for so long). I like trying to be a passer but I have since tried doing a little bit of both. I guess I will have to wait and see what I can do with him down the road before I make any irrational decisions.

3. You've lost to 2 out of 3 division opponents so far. How do you plan on bouncing back?

It's rough, I will admit. People have said this looks to be the toughest division. I knew it wouldn't be easy, and I know every game here could go either way, so I just have to quit making mistakes. Once that is done, hopefully everything else will fall in place like I plan.

4. Anquan Boldin is pretty old and Vernon Davis is getting older. How do you plan on addressing the WR position over the next few seasons?

I think I will have Anquan at least another season but I know I will also need to build other guys for those spots. I have a couple of younger guys I am trying to work in the offense to see how I can use them. Patton will be included more and more to see if he will be able to help me. I also have a young TE in Vance McDonald that will be a nice replacement, but I think Davis will be around for long enough for me to keep both of them on the field and utilize both of their assets to my offense. Overall, it's a wait and see type deal for me on these guys. I will make the necessary adjustments when I need to.
    5. Any big changes in offensive of defensive scheme? The defense is pretty well tooled for a 3-4. Will you be keeping it that way?

That was another reason for the change. I didn't get to use a lot of 3-4 with the Jags, but with the 49ers it would be new. I have used more 3-4 than I ever have. It helps when you have guys like I do on defense. I have never played with a team this well rounded I don't believe. As far as offense, I have tried mixing up everything. Trying to keep people on their toes with Kaepernick's ability to scramble, and his ability to throw the ball, and with Gore and Hunter, it has really been fun. But once again, I have to eliminate the mistakes if I plan on getting a ring anytime soon.
    6. Kendall Hunter has had some huge games for you. Is he the RB of the future for your franchise?

You know, he has been real fun. The first time I thought it was just luck, but then it happened again. He is someone I could see being the future RB but you can't deny the powerhouse running of Gore. I am not sure what the future will have in store for the running game, but I am liking where it is at right now.

7. If the game doesn't automatically provide you a new stadium next season, what will be your plan then? Candlestick needs to be replaced pretty quickly.

Yeah, that will be in the works for sure. I add this to the "Wait and see" list I have going on, but it is definitely a top priority.

8. Will the 49ers overcome their recent playoff struggles and finally get some rings?

I certainly hope so. It seems to be the theme of my answers, but if I can eliminate the mistakes I make, I think I have a viable shot. The thing is, this league has great players, so I every game is one that anyone could win or lose. It will be a true test. I am never great the first season, but come in to my own most of the others. With the division I am in, just winning the division will be a great step but I figure this will be my toughest year of yet. I will just have to do what I know I can do, and quit getting rattled so much. Once that happens, like i said, everything will hopefully fall into place.

Thanks for the time! See you guys on the field of battle!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

AwaLL

1. Why did you decide to make Miami your choice of team?

2. What has the edition of Mike Wallace done for your team??

3. What is the most important piece to the puzzle that you are missing right now?

4. How has the running game changed for you with the obvious changes made?

5. Do you think you will be able to keep up with the success you had with the team last year, being the number 1 seed in the AFC multiple times?

6. Who on the team has been a surprise standout for the first half of the season.

7. Who are you looking forward to playing the most this year?

8. How are you feeling overall about the way the season is going for you?

14. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

1. Why did you decide to make Miami your choice of team?

I've been a Dolphin fan my entire life, so it only made sense to try and take them to the promised land! (Since it looks like no one else is going to)

2. What has the edition of Mike Wallace done for your team??

He has been a huge addition to our offense, and to the development of Ryan Tannehill. His biggest weapon is obviously his speed and ability to stretch the field. We are moving him all over the field and its working well early on.

3. What is the most important piece to the puzzle that you are missing right now?

Biggest piece i would say is the O-line. Outside of Mike Pouncey at center, there are question marks all over the place. The emergence of Lamar Miller in the past couple weeks has helped out big time, with defenses having to respect our run game.

4. How has the running game changed for you with the obvious changes made?

We lost a bit of play making ability out of the backfield with the loss of Reggie Bush in FA, but our 3 young running backs have filled in better then we could have ever imagined when it comes to getting yards between the tackles.

5. Do you think you will be able to keep up with the success you had with the team last year, being the number 1 seed in the AFC multiple times?

We had a good run in Madden 13, with lots of playoff berths and a couple of number 1 seeds. Im not sure we'll be able to capture the top spot in the AFC, but my goal is to get Miami a superbowl win before my time is done here.

6. Who on the team has been a surprise standout for the first half of the season.

There is 2 actually, both on the defensive side of the ball. First is rookie Dion Jordan. I knew he was a gifted pass rusher in college and have put him all over the D-line, even at DT in 3rd and long situations. Hes playing great so far, 6 sacks and even a couple pass break ups when we drop him to cover the flats. Hes a very gifted player. Next would be Dannell Ellerbe. We took a bit of a risk on him in FA, moving him from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3. Hes been everything we hoped he would be. He can move sideline to sideline with ease and also great in coverage, with 3 INTs already on the season.

Besides my division rival Oneshot who i always enjoy playing, i would say its a toss up between the Bucs and Steelers. Best Name Ever i have played with in a couple leagues now including this one, and not sure ive ever actually gotten to play him, so that should be fun. Also Nelly, i played him a couple times in madden 13 and they were great competitive games.

Im actually very happy with where im at in the season so far. At 6-1 were way ahead of where i thought we would be. Some may say thats crazy with the success i had last year, but early on i had a lot of difficulty figuring out all the new pieces on this Miami team. That being said its still early on, and we will see how the rest of the season plays out.

15. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

LeGeNd RiPs

1. Why did you decide to make Denver your choice of team?

2. What has the edition of Wes Welker done for your team?

3. What else do you think the Broncos may need to get Peyton his 2nd ring?

4. Do you think the Broncos need the running game to come alive to become a top team in the league?

5. What are your goals going forward as the Broncos owner? 1, 2, 5, 10 seasons down the road?

6. Who on the team has been a surprise standout for the first half of the season?

16. LeGeNd RiPs

1. Why did you decide to make Denver your choice of team?

I've been a Peyton Manning fan since he was at Tennessee. I believe that he's the best QB in the NFL and, before it's all said and done, will be the best of all time.

2. What has the edition of Wes Welker done for your team?

Wes has been a huge addition to this offense. He's got incredible playmaking ability and has taken so much heat off of Demaryius (Thomas). That's just what we needed in the passing game and with the huge pickup of Randy Moss and with Evan Decker still playing great in the slot, I think we've got the best receiving corps. in the NFL hands down.

3. What else do you think the Broncos may need to get Peyton his 2nd ring?

I think we've got some talent on both sides of the ball, but after switching to the 3-4 this offseason, we're really gonna be looking for some playmaking linebackers in the draft and/or free agency. Von Miller moved over to MLB this offseason and has done an outstanding job thus far (2nd in the league in tackles), but we're gonna need to find him some help.
    4. Do you think the Broncos need the running game to come alive to become a top team in the league?

Definitely. We picked up Michael Turner off of waivers week 1, but he's been banged up all season. The real story is the emergence of Rookie Montee Ball out of Wisconsin. That kid can carry the rock and we've been feeding him. If he can keep up his strong play this year and continue to develop throughout the coming years, look for Ball to be in the top of the league in rushing and possibly take home a rushing title.

5. What are your goals going forward as the Broncos owner? 1, 2, 5, 10 seasons down the road?

I'd love to get Peyton another ring. He deserves it. He hasn't had the talent around him in the past that he's needed. I believe that this year or next year could be that year.

6. Who on the team has been a surprise standout for the first half of the season?

Montee Ball. Hands down. He's been carrying the load for the offense and has done a great job. I think this kid has ridiculous potential.

I really look forward to playing Houston late in the season. They've had a great year thus far and it should be interesting to see that explosive offense.

Well, we started 6-0, so I'll take it! We've dropped the last two games by a last second field goal and I think we're a lot better than that. Peyton has to start making the throws he's more than capable of making and we've got to get some better play from our secondary.

Thanks for the time guys!