RS Off Topic - The spin starts here

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by Elemnt, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Sup boys. Its important as we grow as a community to get to know one another, hobbies, dislikes, etc. This is an "anything goes" thread. I will be chatting with Mason to get it stickied. It can be sports related or not sports related.

I recommend give a brief introduction about yourself and then start chatting and bs'ing.

I'll start us off and let the train wreck begin :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Biggest NFL surprises of the year in my eyes:

1. Carolina shitting the bed and Cam being incompetent
    2. Arizona's defense actually showing up
    3. Actually appreciating the real refs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

4. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Well to start things off I should start by saying my hard drive committed suicide on Tuesday. I ordered a new one through Amazon but they sent me a desktop hard drive as opposed to a netbook hard drive.. frustrating. But Little Caesars gave me a free pizza yesterday so that made things better.

5. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Jesus. I wonder who works at some of the companies. I had a return to tiger direct one time and they sent the complete wrong category of item back. I've had no luck with RMA's outside of newegg.

6. RRAHx2

Yeah I usually go with newegg for most stuff, but my bro had a free shipping thing with amazon. I guess I see why it's free shipping, now.

7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Anyone have any suggestions for surround sound equipment? I bought two Polk speakers that I want to put in the ceiling where we have it prewired to, but not sure what brand/type of surround system I should get and if it would be compatible with the speakers I bought seperately? I've never had surround sound system before but with the new house and 60 in tv, it's a must. I know there is 5.1 systems etc but not sure what I should get...

8. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

man i'm in with patients all day but as soon as i get home i'll post my recommendations. about 5 hours from now i just setup a sweet 7.1 system on a budget

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Dislikes: Forum discussions about surround sound systems ;)

10. RRAHx2

11. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

The accelerated clock thing is cool but no mention of fixing the injury bug

12. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

thank goodness

13. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

thank goodness. I think this also happens when you move your linebackers or something. Its gotten me a couple times but I never play the D line.

14. RRAHx2

thanks for brightening that post up haha

15. RRAHx2

doing the power rankings and 3 afc west teams have 1 win each haha and the NFC west can all still fight for a playoff spot, what the heck is going on in this league..

16. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I dunno...I haven't played anyone from the AFC West, but I played the Niners and Rams and they were both tough. I haven't played a team yet that I thought was too good or bad for me, so it just comes down to execution, like the real NFL. I couldn't be happier with the league right now.

17. RRAHx2

yeah these rankings get interesting because some guys will play great 3 weeks in a row and then get blown out by a person they are favored against. Very unpredictable just like the NFL haha.. sometimes the computer decides your gonna lose whether you like it or not.

18. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I feel like I play pretty decent defense mixing it up constantly trying to make certain looks look identical but actually are completely different. I try to scheme just like teams attempt in the NFL, but man my players having been playing out of their mind on defense. Players playing like they're all stars and if a ball hits them in the hands they catch it every time. I don't know if its our sliders or what but I know I run the same D in ranked games and the panthers get roasted. Not complaining haha but I can credit literally every one of my wins to turnover differential.

19. RRAHx2

This bye week is killing me! Time to advance..

20. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

I would echo that my defense is playing like one monster unit. As I play this game more I become more quickly able to adjust to each individual's offense - which is probably the key to winning consistently... However, my defense has been unable to catch an interception in the last two games; almost as if they have hands like bricks. Even when I tried to manually catch them it still resulted in nothing but drops. I'm sure they'll get back into it eventually though...

21. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I've had nothing but great service from Amazon. I've been a loyal customer for about 4 years now with no problems.

22. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

[​IMG]

Can you believe Nate was fined 10,000 for this celebration? You shitting me...

• Like Like x 1
  23. RRAHx2

Dam it wasn't even that good of a celebration haha

24. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

NFL=The No Fun League

25. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

The NFL took away the art of the celebration back when they banned group celebrations.