RTG: Road to the Heisman

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Masler, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Got this idea from Drifterbub since I've been consumed with NCAA lately for some unknown reason. And a note ahead of time, EA's website will not let me access my Media hub so I am unable to post pictures or videos. Anyway....

HB Matt Boros (5'11, 190lbs) enters his Senior year at Mona Shores High School located in Norton Shores, Michigan. Boros had a breakout Junior season but was slowed up my a severe right ankle sprain (actually happened to me in reality). Doctors made him sit out for 3-4 weeks while undergoing some rapid physical therapy. He made it back for the final game and help the Sailors to a victory but they had a disappointing season. He hopes to put his school on Michigan's map and bring a state title home. But his ultimate ambition since Rocket Football was to claim the Heisman trophy no matter what, no matter which college he attended. In the age of dual threat players, he will have to excel at combination of rushing and receiving or KR/PR. High school will be a great time to hone these skills...

Difficulty: Heisman
    Game Speed: Normal
    Threshold: 40
    Sliders: Default

Top Three Schools of Choice:

1) Michigan State
    2) Georgia
    3) Syracuse

SPARQ Rating: 83.00
    Position Rating (Will be updated): :3stars:
    HS Senior Season Stats: 238 Att, 938 yards, 8 TD, 4.0 YPC

Schedule:

1: vs Muskegon Catholic Central
    2: vs Spring Lake Lakers
    3: vs Caledonia Fighting Scots
    4: at Grand Haven Buccaneers
    5: vs Union Red Hawks
    6: at Muskegon Big Reds
    7: vs Kenowa Hills Knights
    8: at Zeeland East Chix (short for Chicken apparently)
    9: at Reeths-Puffer Rockets

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Rivalry Game Ends in Disappointment for Sailors

MSHS - 19

MCC - 20

The Sailors QB threw a long TD pass with 46 seconds left on the clock and it looked like they would beat their arch-rivals for the first time in several years but tragedy would strike at the Crusaders would march right down the field and score with 3 seconds left on the clock. Boros attempted to return the kick and got some decent yards but was ultimately taken down shortly after crossing the 40 yard line. Catholic Central is the area powerhouse so it was no doubt their defense was stout as Boros only gained 85 yards on 31 carries, resulting in a meager 2.7 yards per carry. He also caught one pass for one yard. In the end he remained a :1stars: prospect and gained 40 recruiting points.

Following the game, scouts from Western Michigan, Kent State and Eastern Michigan expressed their interest in Boros but made no offers. Boros talked to WMU a bit and decided to put them on his list.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sailors send Lakers packing
    MSHS - 31
    SLHS - 7
    The Sailor defense must have been doing something right as they allowed Spring Lake to only take the lead once in the first quarter. Two scores came from the defense while another was through the air. HB Boros ran 33 times for 111 yards and 1 score, which is much better than last week. Although he did improve his YPC from 2.7 to 3.4, it still wasn't enough to truly impress the scouts. Boros only gained 45 recruiting points and remains a :1stars:
    Following the win, Kent State and Eastern Michigan once again showed interest in Boros while Akron began to show some interest. Set on building his list he decided to stay within state and adde Eastern Michigan to his list.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sailors Edge out Scots
    MSHS - 14
    Caledonia - 7​
    For the second week the Sailor defense came up strong only allowing one score. On the offensive side of the ball Boros finally had his breakout game. He would score both of Shores' touchdowns while carrying the ball 37 times for 153 yards raising his YPC to 4.1. He also caught two key passes that lead to his first score from 7 yards out. This performance earned him 100 Recruiting Points bringing his season total to 185 but he still remains a :1stars:
    Following the game Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan both felt it was time to offer Boros a scholarship. Those are his first scholarship offers. Kent Satte, Akron and newcomer Toledo continue to show interest. Toledo is the first school rated above a 1 star school to show interest in Boros so he decided to show them some interest in return.​

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Mona Shores blanks Grand Haven
    MSHS - 17
    GHHS - 0
    The Buccaneers gave a tough first half as both teams finished with no score. Boros was a workhorse in this game, being given the ball 42 times for 133 yards with no rushing touchdowns. Mona Shores did not score their first touchdown until the 4th quarter when they were winning 6-0 thanks to two field goals. Boros happened to be the receiver on that touchdown so add 4 receptions, 59 yards and a receiving touchdown to the stats. This game was enough to bump up his status to a :2stars: prospect and earned him 80 recruiting points.
    Akron, Ball State and Bowling Green all showed interest in Boros. Akron was told today that they were out of the running but I'm sure they'll continue to show up. Boros decided to select Bowling Green for his list but interest is quite low.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Union High School destroyed 48-0
    MSHS - 48​
    UHS - 0​
    Union had a 4-0 record coming into this game but have had bad luck in the OK Black conference in the past, struggling to several sub .500 seasons. Today they experienced their first loss as the Sailors defense jumped all over several passes, returning 3 for TDs. Boros had a huge day with 21 carries for 154 yards and 3 scores. The Shores QB would barely pass today and MSHS settled for two FGs on separate drives. Boros found the defensive line to be very weak in this game and constantly rushed for 10+ yards and ended up with a season high 7.3 ypc, he also recorded 1 reception for 38 yards. This game earned him 130 recruiting points, total is now at 395 and should start getting the attention of some BCS schools. ​
    Toledo and Bowling Green both immediately offered scholarships following this game. Ball State, Central Michigan and Cincinatti all showed interest. Boros was tempted to add Central Mich to his list but decided to go with the Bearcats. ​

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Area Power House Blanked
    MSHS - 13
    Muskegon - 0
    The Big Reds are the other powerhouse in the area aside from Muskegon Catholic and they did not show up today, but their 2-3 record coming into the game showed they may be having a down season. Anyway, Boros was a workhorse today as he was given the ball a whopping 45 times for 174 yards and 1 score. He also snagged 2 passes for 24 yards. This game was very defensive outside of that, Muskegon intercepted the Shores QB 3 times and had a chance to tie the game when it was 3-0 but missed the long FG. Only 80 recruiting points were earned today bringing the total to 475. (I'll be altering the sliders, feels too easy all of a sudden).
    Syracuse who had never shown any interest and was in my Top Three has offered a scholarship along with fellow Big East member Cincinatti. After the game Boros was shocked but happy to see Northwestern, Wisconsin and Purdue all showing some interest. Wisconsin was added to his board, who could pass that up even if he roots for Michigan State.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Mona Shores continues to roll
    MSHS - 23​
    Kenowa Hills - 6​
    Coming in with a 1-6 record I didn't expect the Knights to do much of anything and they didn't. It was a rather good day for the Shores QB but Boros had another good performance with 29 carries for 128 yards and a score. He also caught a 9 yard pass for a TD to add to the QBs nice day. This game was uneventful otherwise. 150 Recruiting Points gained, 625 total. His rating was also bumped up to a :3stars: prospect. ​
    Following the game Michigan State and Northwestern offered scholarship. Boros was ecstatic to receive one from his favorite school but has mentioned he is keeping an open mind and will play whereever he feels he will make the most impact. West Virginia and Virginia Tech both showed interest following as well. ​

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

MSHS - 20

Zeeland East - 14

Another powerhouse taken down but this one was tougher than the others. Boros had around 80 yards rushing on 20 some attempts. He received interest from Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Michigan. He laughed at Notre Dame and Michigan and added tOSU to his list.

MSHS - 14

Reeths-Puffer - 11

A close game as the Sailors finish 8-1 as they head into the playoffs. Boros had his best game of the season by far with 261 yards on 37 rushes for one score. The game was decided on 3rd and 16 after the QB was sacked and Boros took the handoff up the gut for a 24 yard gain. The QB would kneel and Mona Shores celebrated one of their best regular seasons in a long while. Georgia and Wisconsin both offered scholarships after the great game and upon learning Boros' status as a prospect was upgraded to a :4stars:. Texas, Oklahoma and Notre Dame all showed up to the game as well, Notre Dame was once again laughed at but got an A for effort.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

MSHS - 31

Grand Rapids - 20

The Sailors defeated the 9-0 Grand Rapids team with relative ease. Boros had 200 yards on the ground on 24 carries with just one TD. Following the game Texas and Ohio State offered scholarhips while Tennessee, South Carolina and Missouri showed interested, Boros chose Mizzou to put on his list.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Shores playoff run ends in Round 2

Mona Shores - 7

Muskegon Catholic - 10

In a bitter rematch of cross town rivals, the Crusaders once again prevailed. The defense kept Boros in check all game long as he was held to 93 yards on 31 attempts. He did rush in one TD and caught 6 passes for 69 yards. The game would be forced into overtime when the Shores QB threw a killer INT with 30 seconds on the clock and the Catholic QB took advantage on a 47 yard scrambler that set up a 5 yard TD from their HB. In overtime Catholic got the ball first and managed a FG. The Shores Coach opted to go for it on 4th down rather than kick the tying FG and Boros found himself 5 yards backwards with the Shores playoff run at an end. Boros was reported to say he was quite disappointed he couldn't bring the state title home but remained confident he has a great chance in college.

Missouri did offer a scholarship after the game so Boros was correct in his optimism. Alabama, Arkansas and Auburn began showing interest. Boros chose Aurburn.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Signing Day
    "I had a great Senior Season running the ball. Several colleges showed interest in me and several offered scholarships. As I have mentioned in the past, I want to go somewhere I can make an immediate impact and get a good education at the same time. It came down to two schools and one wants me to start right away while the other said I would be second string no doubt. My decision was made between the Pro offense and the Spread offense. And so today I will be taking my talents to the.....Syracuse Orange...They run the Pro Offense and I think that I will receive more carries than in the Spread. They were also on my Top Three, something about them was appealing right from the start and they were the first of my Top Three to offer a scholarship. I hope to bring their program to national prominence."​

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Matt Boros is all moved in at Syracuse and has taken up his lucky number 16 as his jersey. His attributes have finally been revealed to the public. Looks like he is going to be a pure Power Back and oddly enough has some great blocking skills, maybe he has a future as a FB if HB doesn't work.

Overall: 79
    Speed: 81
    Acceleraton: 79
    Agility: 74
    Break Tackle: 83
    Carrying: 83
    Trucking: 99
    Elusiveness: 73
    BC Vision: 79
    Strength: 88
    Impact Block: 84
    Run Block: 76
    Pass Block: 84
    Stamina: 80
    Injury: 79

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 1

Northwestern - 52

Syracuse - 17

WOW. First off Boros was promised starter and is suddenly second string. He was visibly upset on the sidelines and the only stats he recorded for the game were 2 receptions for 5 yards and although he did rack up the KR yards with 198 on 8 kick returns, he was left with a sour taste in his mouth. According to the RTG Hub I was demoted to 2nd String due to negative Coach Trust points after practice. Going to have to push extra hard next week in practice to reclaim that starter spot.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 2

#1 USC - 48

Syracuse - 21

Awful showing by our defense as USC marched down field time and time again, only punting the ball once. Boros was once again stuck on special teams and through that he earned enough points to be named the starter for next week's game vs a FCS team provided he can defeat JR Ford in a position battle.

Breaking News: FR HB Matt Boros defeats JR HB Ford in a position battle to see who would be the teams starter. Boros' first start with come against a lowly FCS team.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 3

FCS East - 7

Syracuse - 62

Boros was finally starter but they only called 9 plays in which he ran the ball. Out of those nine plays he managed 50 yards and 5.6 ypc. He also saw some action in the passing game, catching a pass for 21 yards that helped set up one of QB Chip Jones' 7 TDs on the day. Next week the Orange travel to Minnesota to face the Golden Gophers.