Rugby star gets interest from NFL teams

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Iron Mickey, May 16, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Rugby star gets interest from NFL teams

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 15, 2010 1:08 PM ET
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/15/rugby-star-gets-interest-from-nfl-teams/

NFL teams including the Broncos and Bills have expressed some interest in Austrailian rugby star Greg Inglis, according to the Sunday Mail in Australia.

The 23-year-old won the "Golden Boot" award as the best rugby player in the world last year. He likely would just get a tryout, and he seems likely to continue playing rugby for the immediate future.

If Inglis tried to cross over, the 238-pounder would probably try out as a kick returner and linebacker.

"I know for a fact, if Greg was keen, there would be four clubs who would take him tomorrow," said Cameron McGillivray, who works for an Australian Academy that helps prepare players -- mostly kickers and punters -- to prepare for American football.

"They've got some scouts out here and a few of the scouts thought Greg would be a sensation in the game," Melbourne Storm manager Allan Gainey said.

===========================

Dude is a beast at 6-5, 238-pounds & only 23 years old. Can run like a gazelle. See below for what I mean...

[youtube]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJeodGCjPbc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJeodGCjPbc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

He's got a hell of a stiff arm.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Screw LB, I want him as a TE. Get him the ball in the flats on a screen or quick out and let him run over defensive backs.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah drifter, I'd put him at TE...he's fast and seems to have good hands...and he looks like he loves contact.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I just noticed how much slower rugby moves than football...those guys are sloow!

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This. I wonder if he is fast or relatively fast.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

He will get smoked in the NFL

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Hova always playin the negative card. No doubt he is athletic though.

Is it the thing to do when scoring in Rugby is diving into the "endzone" or whatever they call it, cause he does it every time.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It's called style ;)

10. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

11. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

what a rugby player is joining girls in armour ? lol

12. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

its called easiest way to score. cause the ball has to touch the ground to count for the points. I like it. i know if they tried that in the NFL they would get tagged for unsportsmanlike penalty.

13. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Yes to score a try the ball has to hit the ground in posession - you can actually get tackled in the "endzone" and if the ball is held up off the ground it won't count.

Rugby may seem slower, but the field is bigger and the players have to play in more position - you cannot afford to miss a tackle and if you are running with the ball then you do not want to outrun your support.

If you get tackled you have to release the ball... if you have outrun your support then the other team will just pick up the ball. There is no stoppage on a tackle so you need your guys with you to pick the ball or take your pass.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Tim Tebow?

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Its different running with shoulder pads and a helmet.
    Good luck to him whatever he decides.

If I was a badass at rugby or aussie rules football then I'd just stick with it. Dont those guys make pretty good $$?

16. Iron Mickey

Nothing near NFL Players. The top Rugby players make about a Million/per year.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahahaha hey Del I found your post! Stop messing with us sensitive Americans! We're not girls in armor man, we hit HARD man!!! ;):D