Rule 5 Draft Comments

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Fmode11, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Because all the friendly banter holds no water if there is no record to revert back to... plus I love to put people on blast.

Cue the music......

Let's take a look at the Cleveland Indian organization. Being a division foe of the Tigers I assume they think that they can pillage some of the young talent trapped in my system due to the abundance at the level it really matters - THE MAJOR LEAGUES -- and try and make an impact in the division.

Cleveland choose two players from the Detroit Tigers organization in this year's rule 5 draft, and in doing so are stuck with those two guys on their 25 man roster, for the whole damn year. If not, please return my rental player -- thank you :) .

The Indians first selected SS Tai Damiani (1.5* / 2*). Damiani has been in the Detroit organization since 2015, being drafted in the 2nd round. His star potential has dropped consecutively every season and most importantly - HAS NEVER SWUNG A BAT IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES. Now I'm not expert, but being handcuffed to keep a guy on the active roster who has never played in the ML is a dicey move. And you know what I think dicey moves generally get you -- a 64-98 record, that's what.

On to the second rule 5 draft selection made by the said Indians - MR Stephan Morris (1.5* / 1.5*). Him and Damiani literally have followed each other from the 2015 draft through the farm system, neither never reaching the big show though. Morris has decent groundball % but lacks consistent "stuff" for any contender.

Good luck to you JFace907 with the "Mistake by the Lake" Indians, may these two guys suck you into oblivion (y)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Morris is really good. I was taking him if Cleveland didn't. Dude can play.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

.... in the minors

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

cue the popcorn gif...!

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Lol. Fmode is suddenly an expert

7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You have a disdain for players who haven't done anything in the majors. I have plenty of guys with ML experience. You give me Pedro Serna, and I'll give you a former MVP in Rob Burns. Everyone is a winner.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I witnessed a performance metric compared ml to aaa.... plaus Serna was drafted last year and not eligible for trades... says the expert ;)

disclaimer - I'm just trying to have a little fun here fellas. Not trying to piss in anyone's yard.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I just want Nick Ramirez back. Give me him and I'll give you Andy Dailey.

10. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Typical Spartan fan, which is why I will no longer set foot in Lansing. Go Big Blue!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well not sure which is worse, being a fan of LSU or Mich. I guess both systems have criminals as part of their prestige so I suppose it's a fitting pair.

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Because MSU is so squeaky clean and everything. Atleast our alumni dont shoot themselves in a night club, just saying.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

What an individual does once they leave the school is a whole other story. I'm talking about kids STILL IN THE PROGRAM who can't deceiver right from wrong. Plus, Plax shot himself -- he didn't shoot someone else. You keep coming up with comeback attempts that will keep going up in smoke like U of M's Final Four banner or honeybadger's career.

14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Commenting on LSU really has no affect on me tbqh. I'm a fan by association as I currently live 45 mins from Baton Rogue and my wife and her family are huge LSU fans. If not for that I could give two shits about LSU tbqh, haha.

Regardless, its all in good fun little brother.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

what does tbqh mean?

16. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    To be quiet honest.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

that's cute (y)

18. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Something something Keith Appling Adreian Payne something.

And as a disclaimer, I want to say that I'm already stepping up my hate game to a Big 10 level. I already hate both of your schools. But not as much as PAgamer07 's PSU team. If I don't get arrested when we play them, then I pretty much failed as a person.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PAgamer07

Like I said.. you could have gotten better and Baltimore wins that deal by a mile.

20. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, he may have gotten the better deal, but I'm fine with it. Cedeno is playing just fine and with a little more progression he'll do great. And the young arms in my minors are progressing nicely as well. Rivers is probably one more season away from being ready for the ML level, so in reality, its worked out fine.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

How easy it must be for a near 90 win, top 5 budget organization pick on a near 100 loss, bottom 5 budget org. Rival or not, i have no money to improve this team so Rule 5 and hitting gold in the draft is all i got :(

• Like Like x 1
  22. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm pretty sure I'm dead last in budget.

23. PAgamer07

Don't forget a team that the current gm had zero to do with creating

24. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I'll take credit for managing a team with over half it's starters on the DL for significant time last year. If we can keep the glass house in one piece this next year should be interesting to add to a team that was #1 in the AL in avg and #2 in hits. Need to improve in the hits given up, 14th. Plus of def eff was last in the AL :(

25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Eff you