Rule Addition: Hot Routes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, May 10, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Rule Addition: Hot Routes

Somehow this slipped by us when we were adjusting all of our rules last year. In my view, we definately need to have guidelines for this. Hot routing 57 times per pass play is cheese. If you want different routes, call a different pass play! Hot routing multiple defenders every play is cheese....if yo want something differnt call something different. A recent scrim of mine against one of our more presitgous owners reminded me of this.

I'm not sure how the Rules Committee wants to write this up, but IMO we definately need to get something down.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont think it was overlooked, I just assumed it fell under the "audibles" rule. The sim-factor in my week 2 game was ruined by my opponent totally abusing audibles and hot routes. His defense looked like a vegas dance show with his defensive players running all over the field after he changed plays and assignments.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well lets get something in writing in the rulebook then. Obviouslly this needs to be addressed as you indicated.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i agree, i coulda swore it was voted and passed but maybe we did miss it. ill post more later when i get out of service

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok, what about adding a rule that limits hot routes to 2 per drive? too low? too high?