Rule Amendment

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Dec 12, 2009.

?

Should we allow promises in the offseason?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, explain......

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Rule Amendment

In order to try and spread the wealth throughout the Big 12 I have made the following amendments to the rules. Let me know if you have any problems or questions...

1. Players must limit each year's class based off the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate (If you happen to redshirt a Senior)
    B = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster
    C = players transferring or leaving early for draft in offseason

A + B + (C, if necessary) = total number of available scholarships.
    * We will be skipping through the "Player Cuts" part of the offseason so if you go over the cpu will do cuts.

2. Recruiting Restrictions

5* - Five (5) Commits
    4* - Fifteen (15) Commits
    3* - No Limit
    2* - No Limit
    1* - No Limit

3. Offseason recruiting

(PENDING POLL APPROVAL)*Promises will be disabled, you are unable to make promises to a player. If you do you must redshirt then cut the player you made a promise too.(PENDING POLL APPROVAL)

2. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

sounds good, even though 20 players is larger than most classes

3. Emmdotfrisk

True but think of it this way.

You cannot have more than five 5* commits at any time.
    You cannot have more than fifteen 4* commits at any time.
    There is no limit for 3* commits, within your scholarships available to give.
    There is no limit for 2* commits, within your scholarships available to give.
    There is no limit for 1* commits, within your scholarships available to give.

This is meant so the Oklahomas, Texas', Nebraskas, and Texas AMs dont take all the 5* recruits. It is too easy for those schools to round up hot players thus making it more difficult for Kansas States, Iowa Sts, and the Baylors to get any solid recruiting.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

why are promises disabled?

5. Emmdotfrisk

i think they are cheesy but I will bring it to a poll for you BC

6. Emmdotfrisk

PROMISES???

Should we disable promises in the offseason. Personally I think they are cheesy and makes it too easy to sway a recruit one way or another but I want to be fair and get everyones opinion/vot...

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Personally, I believe a team should not recruit a player that is not in their top ten. Only exception for that would be to recruit in offseason for a player that they need.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well that is nearly impossible to regulate...if you can pull a guy who has no interest in you...to signing a deal...you deserve him IMO

9. Emmdotfrisk

I can bring dynasty offline in preseason and see each teams promises so it can be regulated to the fullest extent

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i voted yes...but i meant NOOOOOOO...so minus 1 yes ..ADD 1 NOOOOO

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Why are they cheesy though? Just because you promise something doesn't mean the recruit will still come.

It's cheesy to recruit a non need player that you don't appear in their top ten if you don't need them.

That being said because of the strict guidelines I follow in recruiting, I am planning on warming bottom of the Big 12 for a long time.

12. Emmdotfrisk

it is unrealistic that u can take a guy with no interest, offer him a scholly and promise him no redshirt, freshmen all american, and guarantee conf champ and he will sign instantly. it defeats the purpose of recruiting. u can put all the best guys on ur board and promise them those three, wait a week to see if you get the green arrow, then recruit those guys.

If it is a huge issue I will allow promises. In the Traditon and the Duece they Ban Promises because of this reason

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Then use the rules I PMmed you. Those rules would force those teams to maintain strict guidelines and only recruit those genuinely interested.

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Emm that seems like a drastic step to me (taking it offline and such). Are promises a little cheese? Maybe. But they are part of the game. Honestly the promises are the only thing that may keep the little guy in the hunt for some big dog players. My vote is to keep them. I think the other rules are solid ones and the guys in the league follow them.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Mr2bits I understand your concern. To be honest I have to take it offline anyways to get peoples recruiting numbers and check for any violations. I appreciate your opinion and it looks like this could go either way. I am thinking that this will have to be a unanimous decision. I dont want to ban something unless I have everyones consent, with that being said it looks like promises will be allowed

16. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I agree on 5 star caps, but I'm not sold on banning promises...

As someone previously said, promises keep little guys in the hunt for big fish.

Perhaps we could try and figure out some sort of scholarship penalty for broken promises?

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

...Agreed

18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

BC, just wondering why in the world you think that? It would be impossible to get better.

19. BG

BG On The Rize!

I didn't even know you cold make promises during the offseason. Shows you how much I pay attention! I am interested in it now. I always wondered how smaller schools got higher level talent through "Regular" recruiting!!!

20. Emmdotfrisk

HAHA, if you use it right it can help you out immensley.......

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah promises can work. I have used them in the past when i am at a smaller school because its the only way to take and be able to get the top guys at a smaller school. as far as not going after someone in the top 10 then small teams will always be weak because they cant get the 4 or 5 star guys because they wont be in the top 10. Also not recruiting what u dont need is so far from realistic that its not even funny. Does USC need a hb every year no but they grab 2 or 3 almost every year

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

another thing with promises. they expand as you keep 100 percent of them. Break even one during the season, no extra choices the next year. That seems like the penalty to me. And yeah they do help the small schools land the big fish every once in a while. It is how WKU in a dynasty of mine landed a 5* MLB from in state that appeared in the offseason. And the three promises I made him will ALL come true.

Mike

23. Emmdotfrisk

I am going to allow promises and close the thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.