Rule Change for Committee

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Here's what I say we need to do:

$3 million maximum base salary payout no matter the overall.

This means that bidding wars for lower tier players can still occur for a while, but the high end players will get more bonuses (as 95+ players are at the max base salary already), and more cap hits as a result.

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I like the sound of this idea.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I do also!

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Good wit me.
    Where do we stand on fixing the rent a player loophole talked about in another thread.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, the ways I talked about fixing it were not well received. :)

7. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

changes this year will be tough on the rent a player, but I think that we need to have a 3 year term on contracts next year if ea doesn't fix this. Also it was discussed that we should change the impact of TEs in the modifiers. It has grown increasingly obvious that they are just as dangerous as others folks primary receivers. SO I would like to look into not only eliminating the discount, but maybe even changing it to a 2 to represent their actual impact... Thoughts?

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I agree that TEs are a big threat in this game and the Mods should be looked at. Those with killer TE's are getting a break because of the MOD and the discount.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, a starting TE's modifier is already a 2. If we eliminate the 25% discount that would drive some guy's caps up. I'm for it though.

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

As a guy who loves TE's I think we should kill the 25% they have too much value for a lot of guys.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

As much as I hate to throw this up considering who posted it....

What about Dunlap's idea of making all free agents in the offseason 2 year deals? That would definitely limit people and their free agent signings.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We definitely need a decision ASAP on TE modifiers and max base salary, though. Let me know if I need to announce it.

13. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I say yes to regular mod status for TE's and yes to the max base salary.

14. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I second the reg mod status on TEs and yes to Max base Salary.

15. natedawg212000

imo you are going to totally screw guys who will have triple a contract on a te now. also i dont mind the loophole either. real teams rent players all the time.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Triple? It's only a 25% bump. So a 12 million guy is 9 million with 25% off.

17. natedawg212000

I thought te's were a 1/3... well my bad. I still don't like it.

18. Jeremy

This is going to be a tough sell..

What if we move TEs to full mods but for this offseason ONLY we allow owners to cut any TEs signed previously with a cap hit of 2/3.

Their cap cost will come up but can be cut without the full mod hit.

19. Jeremy

I like the idea the 2 yr FA rule. But I dont think it can be cut and dry.

In some cases owners may want or need to cut ties with a FA even after one year. I think we can allow them to do this BUT with these stipulations:

- If a FA is cut from a team during mandatory cuts with less than 2-yrs of service team shall still incur cap hit = to bonus to be carried the following year.

20. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I liked your contracts over in WFL winny, BUT.... only two teams were near max at start of the season and i felt like i had too much money i guess, 3 mill max works fine for FAs but what is the contrast with players already on teams who will not be bid on. This all may have to wait for the next edition of madden IMO. i really enjoy the way its set up now but here are my votes for the nominated things so far.

3 Mill max contract. No now, yes madden 12
    TE salary increase: Yes, TE is far more important now than it ever has for madden. Rookie TE munchie top 5 in yards, You see the likes of mustang and vishal going bonkers with the bids just becuase of the reduced pay on the books on TEs. Yes the TE would get bumped up in pay and it may put some teams in the red but TEs are going to be the over mandatory cut regardless if we change the modifers or not.
    2 year FA rule. No now, yes madden 12. If we do this now, cap guys will have to add 2 or 3 more colors to players in the cap books, its already a coloring book.

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know there is some debate about TE discount getting eliminated. I have another possible solution as well: Upping the TE modifiers to 3/2/1.

That would drive up the cap value on TEs as well but still keep them below WRs in cap hit value (with the 25% discount).

As far as the 3 million max base salary, I think it is perfectly viable for this year's Madden, and in the next offseason, in fact. It would make for less money being spent, honestly.

With a 3 million max base salary, you have to pay out bonuses more, which cause more cap hits. Which means LESS money spent I think.