Rule Change

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Nov 18, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

This is a debate to see if we should change one of the rules in the league. As it is set now there are restrictions on players leaving and being able to sway back players. Do you think this rule should remain in place or should users be allowed to sway all players back?

Here is the rule as it was setup for the start of this dynasty (actually dates back to last season's game) -

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    - is > 95 OVR
    - is a JR that has won the Heisman
    - is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

We need to make a quick decision because this affects our current spot in the dynasty. There are 3 players impacted by this ruling.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think that it should stay the same if not be stricter. If you look at seasons past in "real" football, there are alot more underclassman that declare than in our simulated seasons.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yeah, don't pull a 'you know who' and change the rule because it benefits you Brave. Come on, you are better than that.:)

But seriously, I think if this is changed it should be for next season. Leave this season under the rules that you guys used all year.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea after thinking about it we need to keep the same rules for this offseason. Now next season i say no restrictions. In this case, if any one is guilty of stat padding, they won't be allowed to sway that player back as punishment.

5. Dru50

Plus, to me this helps continue to spread the difference between the top 3-4 teams and everyone else. I'm sure Texas and PSU have the depth to recover from losing one of these guys, and if they didn't want them to leave early they shouldn't have put up so many stats with them (sorry, but that has to be said). That's the risk you run when you try and make a run at winning awards, that guys may go pro.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I actually posted thread at Slick's request. I don't care either way if the rule stays or goes. Berry is a goner this season anyways.

7. Dru50

I guess I don't understand the rationalle for considering the change. Everyone knew the rules entering the season, right?

I think slick should post why he thinks the rule should be changed for this offseason, as I don't see many people outside of Texas feeling much sympathy.

In reality, why would a guy like whaley come back? He ran for over 2,000 yards and 30 TDs, won nearly every award and a national title. No way a HB in that situation stays for his senior year.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

In the party chat he was making the argument that guys like Tebow and Bradford came back after winning the Heisman Award.

9. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I'm good either way boys. It was just a question to see how everyone felt. No big deal.

Yes Dru we all knew the rules, get your panties out of a bunch.

10. Dru50

Never said they were in a bunch, but to be honest I'm not sure why you'd think it's fair to the rest of the group to change a rule that is really only hurting you, when you already have one of the 2 most talented teams.

I was only stating an opinion, which is what brave requested.

11. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Don't you know that Dru wears "manties"? ;) I think that if we do anything it should be at the beginning of a season. just my 2 cents.

12. Dru50

My panties never get in a bunch, that's cause I roll with a thong...

(try and get that mental picture out of your head)

13. Twister18

< shudders...

14. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

[​IMG]

Dru ??

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Guilty as charged I was stat padding my CB......j/k. But like I said i think more players leave early in "real life" than what happens in our seasons and I agree with what someone said earlier, the top tier programs should have enough depth to fill anyone jumping ship. So I think if anything is changed we should make it stricter on swaying players back. Heck with some of our stats you would understand why some would leave early. If anyone has a copy of Madden, it would be interesting to see where some of these guys would get drafted.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I checked with Perry but he no longer has Madden. I know Dru, Twist and I don't have the game either. Not sure if anyone else has this game.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would say not to have any rules on this, many guys who are the best at their positions stay through. This rule hurts the teams that are not deep talent wise, and is more beneficial for teams like OSU, Texas, Bama, Florida and so on. Just because you pump 60 minutes into a guy doesn't mean he is going to stay, so I say no rules.

18. Twister18

"He had a pimple on his butt, but he's purty!"

19. Twister18

I have it. What do you need?

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will need to save the draft class and then send it to you I think. Perry might know more about exporting draft classes. Then run it through Madden and track user players that are chosen.

21. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Tebow came back because I think he had to. He was only a sophomore when he won the award, and no one was sure he could make it in the NFL. Also, Oklahoma did not win the National Championship, so that was extra motivation for Bradford to come back. In addition I have Madden so I can run these guys through the draft class if you want.

22. Twister18

Go ahead wazzou. gotta hit the books hard this afternoon.

23. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

okay i will do it sometime this evening