Rule changes for next season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Dec 8, 2009.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Rule changes for next season

I would like to see Run commits, play the pass, and aggressive gameplans be prohibated next year.

I will not push for it this year, but if my opponent in the NC game wants to play that way, I will agree to it.

Also what is the recruiting situation next year. I would perfer if we still had limitations.

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

We're gonna discuss all of this in the offseason. As of now current rules are intact for this season. I'm all for banning the Commit Stick but if we do that I believe FB Dive should be too. I'm gonna discuss a few things with the other commish's and see what kind of opinions I can get. As far as Gameplan's, I believe it falls under mixing up your play calling and it honestly cannot be policed so I'd rather not fool with it. As it has been said many times, SIM players should know better and there shouldn't be a rule for every little thing.

3. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

i'd also prefer to still have recruiting limitations... makes it more realistic.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

i'd prefer to have no limitations. i think it makes more realisitic, you don't see teams in real life limiting themselves. but if we still have limitations, no big deal.

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Teams in real life don't limit themselves, but they also have 85 scholarship players...

We only have 70 man rosters, which means every player we recruit after that is forced to be cut when he could easily contribute on another team.

I don't think we should have limits on who can we go after per-say (star wise) but there should still be limits on how many guys we can bring in each season.

6. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I think Run Commits should be banned, and as far Pass commit goes I think it should only be used @ end of half & games. On gameplanning, I use it according to how my team plays, I only use aggressive for Zone coverage. I don't think FB dive should be banned b/c I don't want to be constricted in short yardage situations.

On Recruiting, I would like at least this upcoming season to be no restrictions, mainly b/c we were told it was no rules, but also I want no rules b/c if i have say only 6 seniors only being able to offer six people is ridiculous. How many times in real life does a team only bring in 6-8 people?

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I do not use run/pass commit except when I know my opponent is using it against me. If you want to agree not to use it, I am all for that. I never use it in CPU games anyways, so no big deal for me.

I agree we need some limitations but I do think a simpler system would be better. I do not think it is fair that new guys picked up teams this season with bonus recruits, but I joined at the end of last season and got no bonus recruits.

8. Papa Perry

FB dive is 95% guaranteed for 3-5 yards even with a crappy FB. If its allowed on short yardage situations, why not run commit? I'm not gonna allow one and ban the other. I don't like double standards

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I would like no recruiting restrictions as far as who you can recruit. I feel we should be limited to the number of available roster spots, plus one cushion recruit.

I feel that run commit is too much like an arcade game, and should not be allowed.

Aggressive or conservative gameplan, I agree with Papa, it just falls under mixing up your playcalling. And its not unrealistic to think a real coach is going to have his players trying to strip a ball etc, at certain times of the game.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

The only 2 things that directly effect how i play offense are D-line aggressive, and run commit/pass commit. I do not mind if run commit is allowed on X down and 2 or less. But I will usually end up throwing the ball the entire game if I know I could face run commit on any down. IE I use pass to force the other team out of run commit. If I am unsuccessful, I have to keep passing. If I am successfull I get a big lead before they stop, but at that point they know I want to run and still use run commit. At which point I have to deside whether to run against 9 man fronts using run commit or continue throwing. Unless I am garanteed victory I will be continuing to throw. My general run is to put on the bakes with a 4 score lead in the 3rd or a 3 score lead in the forth. (by brakes I mean run the ball reguardless of def play selection, but still try to convert 3rd downs)

In my opinion, their is no situation inwhich your Def does not play better with D-Line aggressive. In nearly doubles the speed of your pass rush. Combined with play the pass, you will have about 3 seconds to throw against a 3 man rush. Era ran it all game against me when I lost, I was sacked 7 times, hit as I threw god knows how many times, and picked off 4 times being hit as I threw.

You can police Gameplan in that it shows up after the play. You get strategy points. If serveral ppl report one person as using aggressive GamePlans, thats a pretty solid indication of rule breaking.

With D-Line aggressive I want to use it as much as my opponent to be fair. So let me know an acceptable ratio I can hold my opponent to. Whether it be all the time, none of the time, or somewhere inbetween. Or my opponent and I can agree to something before the game.

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I think most of us agree that run commit should be banned, but i think where we disagree is with aggressive gameplan. Speaking for myself, I use gameplan according to my team so if my D-line isn't getting any pressure I will use it until it gets countered (multiple false starts). As my opponent, if you want to go all aggresive, I'll go all conservative and it'll cancel out. I agree there are some who find ways to exploit it, b/c i also played Era and i also basically had .5 seconds to throw.

If we want to limit Aggressive playcaling, that's cool but totally outlawing it I think is extreme.

12. Papa Perry

Okay Here's what we have so far starting next season:

Pass/Run Commit Stick - BANNED

Aggressive/Conservative Gameplan - Mix it up like your playcalling

Recruiting - Currently Under Discussion

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I only have issue with D-line aggressive (I will not try to talk anyone into the problems with bighits aggressive)

no matter what you do you will never get more than 2(2 or 3) offsides. The game has a built in limit to prevent players from getting too many off sides in online ranked games ( you get auto kicked at 3 I think ). It applys to OD User vs User games too.

You will get more far more false start than you will Offsides and offsides is capped so after 2 it will not happen again. (2 or 3 I do not remember the game kicking threshold)

other gameplan items have reasons for not using them. D-line aggressive has no downside.

14. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I like the recruiting restrictions the way they are. I agree there should be limits to how many players of each star rating you can get. I know that if USC (real life) could they would sign 25 5 stars every year, but with all of us eating up all the 5 stars the CPU games could get boring really fast. It could make it where playing the CPU would be a guaranteed win, where right now it isn't. I like the fact that a CPU team still has a shot at signing some of the best recruits and not just 3 and 4 star kids. In my other OD tOSU just signed their 4th 5 star kid and it's only week 6. That seems to even it out a little and keep the user teams from becoming too dominant.

I do like adding the cushion recruit though. That seems a little better. But allowing as many as you can snag seems unfair. As an example, I only got to sign 9 kids this year, barring any bonus recruits. Say someone else has 25 openings this season and only 13 next season. They pull all 25 this year and another full class next season. I pull my 9 plus a bonus and get 10. Next year I get all 25. That's a difference of 15 players. That's a lot of young depth that I will miss out on.That doesn't seem fair to me, but I am biased.

Even if you say, "well they would have to cut 12 kids." That's fine, but it won't be the freshmen that get canned it will be the 78 OVR Junior instead of the 74 OVR Freshman. It would take several seasons to even out, and it just doesn't seem right to me, but like I said I am biased.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I do use aggressive game plan features on defense but I do switch it up. If I get a couple offside penalties I will go to moderate or conservative. Same with pass defense. I usually switch back and forth between aggressive based on the situation and the score of the game.

As for recruiting, I think we need some kind of restrictions. I just think we need a simpler system without the bonus recruit confusion. Just give every team x number of 5 stars and 4 stars. I do kind of like how this league sets it up where your number of 4 star scholarships is equal to half the scholarships you have available.

16. Papa Perry

How does 4 :5stars: and half of your of seniors leaving :4stars: sound?

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

That works for me. 4 5-star recruits is plenty but still leaves the computer a shot at signing some players.

18. Papa Perry

alright and we vote

Just say yes or no for these restrictions:

4 :5stars:

(Half of Amount of seniors) :4stars:

Results so Far

2 - Yes

0 - No

19. dakota7

I like that system...4 five star players and half of your seniors of 4 star players.

Can we add 1 cushion recruit? We could sign/offer up to 71 and safely cut 1 player each offseason?

20. Papa Perry

I thought that was allowed anyways. I guess I need to look at the rules lol

21. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Can those 5 stars be turned into 4 stars?

Example: I have 20 seniors, therefore I am able to sign ten 4 stars.

If i don't sign any 5 stars can I now sign 14 4 stars?

Regardless I agree with these rules.

22. dakota7

Yeah, its always been that way. The limitations are just maximums. You can always sign less.

23. wader49

wader49 Walk On

I agree. At least that way the computers can be somewhat competitive in the recruiting.

24. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I agree. That looks good.

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am fine with the purposed recruiting rules.