Rule Changes - Please vote

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Dec 18, 2011.

?

Please vote on the proposed changes

Poll closed Dec 25, 2011.
  1. Yes, to both rule changes

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes to rule change 1, no to rule change 2

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Yes to rule change 2, no to rule change 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, to both rule changes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Poll closes in 7 days or whenever we reach Player's Leaving, whichever occurs first.

Rule Change 1 - Changing the ability to sway back players who won a major award. I would like to eliminate the part about the player being a certain rating overall. If the player has won any award, he cannot be swayed back. The special teams awards will not count towards this rule, including Returner of the Year.

Rule Change 2 - Changing the ability to sway back players at 95 or higher. I would like to lower this amount to 90, instead of the current 95. Kickers and punters can still be swayed back no matter the player's ranking.

Neither rule has an impact on player's transferring, just leaving early for the NFL Draft.

The main benefits I see for rule 1, players padding stats to win awards will be penalized. This might deter people from pushing for awards when it could cost the player 1-2 seasons of eligibility.

The benefits for rule 2 change are reducing the disparity between teams, especially CPU. The CPU does not sway any players back so user teams are already at an advantage.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'd be on board with this if it was skill position players and not all players. I don't think alot of interior linemen really leave early. Except the elite if the elite. As far as I know anyway.

So in the present form I'd vote no, if we made it skill guys I'd vote yes.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I say yes to both. I have no problem with either.

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I voted no to #2. I would like to see the number maybe at 93, instead of, 90. I think 90 is low.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm voting yes to both. Actually I would prefer us not be able to sway anyone considering the CPU doesn't sway anyone back and someone always gets hit with the transfer failed glitch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think 90 overall for a junior or redshirt sophomore is a good indication the player is among the elite players. I would have to pull real life stats to see how many o-linemen really leave early.

7. BDSDIGITAL

Thats certainly not necessary. I think the decision has been made by the group.

So i support it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic I kinda "followed" you into here, but we should do these too OC imo.. Also you should just straight up redo the OC description page since Mas did it. Hell I'd do it for you want.

9. BDSDIGITAL

Break your candy ass up outta heeerrre

• Like Like x 5
  10. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

God damn Jabroni

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Just a reminder, this goes into effect this offseason. The only underclassman award winning players this year were on Florida but if a player won an award as a freshman or sophomore, the player can't be swayed back as a junior or redshirt sophomore. The 90 overall rule could effect at least one player on Ohio State.

12. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Thought we advanced lol

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

We are here shortly