Rule Clarification

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, May 7, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    TMFL

There are some positions that I'm fine with moving around...OLB to DE, etc.

CB to S is not one of those moves. If you have a CB lining up at safety, fix your roster immediately.

Thank you,
    - S

• Like Like x 3
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My understanding was that as long as its realistic, this was allowed. For example a bigger, slower CB could play Safety.

The reason I ask is that I have two bigger slower CBs, Aaron Williams and Curtis Marsh, (Williams has been moved to Safety IRL already) who play BACKUP or reserve roles for me at safety. Is that acceptable?

I have good starting safeties but I have two formations where my starting SS is lined up at the CB position which then in turn means my backup safety ends up playing safety. Now I typically use formation subs to try and get those guys out of there - but even so if one of my starters is tired, that kinda flips things around.

Thats not going to be an issue is it? If it is, I'll still do my best to keep them out of there as I do have actual backup safeties on the roster, they just aren't as good as Williams/Marsh.

Depth chart wise, I use Williams as the #2FS and I use Marsh as the #3 SS. I can change that if need be - just want to clarify (y)

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The only reason a corner moves to safety is if they get old and can't cover anymore AND they have a fantastic tackling skill set (Think Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson).

Unless you can sell me you have a 36 year old tackling corner, the rule is clear.

No CB at S.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Not necessarily true. The Redskins just drafted a corner out of NC State this draft that had been a corner there his whole career, but they might move him to FS because of his size.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-amerson?id=2540170

That being said, I'm OK with the rule, just wanted to clarify that what you are saying isn't always true.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Get back to me in 6 months if they actually move him to safety.

6. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Im pretty sure Shaun doesnt want us to play Roster God. If he is a CB turned into a safety in real life it would be indicated on the depth chart as so. If they did it mid season IRL, Youll have to wait until M25 to do so.

There is too many gray areas and subject to opinion to have it any other way.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So if we had injury issues , but not an IR situation that we could have 3rd string FS/SS as a low rated CB just to ensure Madden doesn't put a LB or WR or something goofy on the field right ?

For example if my FS is out for 4 weeks , then my backup SS is out for 2 weeks would you prefer we list #3 on depth hart safety as empty vs. sliding a CB in at #3 depth chart for either spot ?

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I signed Jordan Babineaux originally as a SS (like he's listed) but I've been using him at FS instead because he's my highest rated. I figured they'd be interchangeable but if they're not, someone please let me know.

A quick google search shows that he's played CB/safety and in the return game, but I use him as a Safety since that's the position he's listed as on the game. If I'm not suppose to use him at FS, I'll gladly switch that out. Just let me know so I know not to resign him.

9. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Safeties are interchangeable. You are good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Cardinals are moving Tyrann Matheiu to safety and he's not big at all tbqh. Just saying.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's to cover up the fact he can't cover.

12. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    So by that logic, if I have a CB who has terrible man coverage skills can I move him to Safety?

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I assumed it was because he is higher than giraffe pussy lol

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Using a kid who is going to play almost exclusively on special teams is a stretch to begin with. The logic I explained earlier still holds true though. He is being moved to safety because he can't cover. In reality, he can't do much of anything really. If he isn't a superstar on ST he won't be in the league in three years.

Your argument is the equivalent of me running five wide every play and running with the QB when the play breaks down. My local high school team has run that offense for 20 years...so it's valid for competitiveness sake.

15. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Actually moon Amerson played right cb in the rookie minicamp for the redskins. And supposedly looked great

16. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I know. I posted this before rookie minicamp based of speculation they might look at him at FS.

17. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

You know what happens when you assume lol.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

You make a Baron out of you & me ?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Just to chime in late, Antrel Rolle was moved to safety, so did Glover Quin Jr. So did Malcom Jenkins and Aaron Williams.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1