Rule Committe Discussion: Manual Motion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Rule Committe Discussion: Manual Motion

I have really had my fill of manual motion. It seems like the ONLY time guys ever do motion, is to do it in a cheesy cheap way. I have seriously never seen any solid sim owner use manual motion in any fashion in ages.....

I've again had my fill. It started last version with Joseph, and from what I've read it's now gotten a lot worse.

My proposal is to ban all manual motion. If you want to use motion, use a 'green' play in the playbook.

-----------------

I vote yes to banning all manual motion. We will simply explain to the owners that we are doing this because a few owners are exploiting it as absolute cheese and we have no recourse.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I vote against this. I use motion. If guys are doing it everyplay like Big Smooth, then its a problem.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

That's the problem. If you use motion, then you may be the only 'straight' owner to use it. There is no way to differentiate our rules to allow straght motion vs. cheese motion. It has gotten way way out of hand.

Why do you need to use motion btw? Can't you just use the 'green' pass plays in the playbook if you want motion. If we outlawed motion would it really affect you or any of the other sim owners in this league?

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It wouldn't affect me one iota. But I would be willing to bet that a lot of offensive numbers would go down. Just a hunch.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Isn't that a good thing? Our scoring, even on AM, is pretty unrealisticly high.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

alright you've made your point. ban it

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I posted something in the general TF commish forum, looking for advice here. As I see it, we have two options regarding this.

A) Boot Hulk, Cali, and GABeast who are obviously using an exploit to gain advantage in our league. That is very disturbing and booting them would set an example that we dont tolerate it.

B) Ban motion. Theres no way to 'partially' ban motion without getting so specific that we add 2 more pages to our rulebook. . .which is something we dont need right now as we try to simplify. A straight ban i dont think would affect the vast majority of our league in the slightest.

8. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im against banning motion, its part of the game. We have rules in place to keep people from doing it over and over already. We could sit here and make rules until we are blue in the face but it won't fix the root problem, and that is if we have cheesey owners they are going to do cheesey stuff. Its very akin to the saying "Guns dont kill people, people kill people". The guns arent the problem its the people.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Motion is a huge part of football I am totally against banning it.

If they are abusing it and using it in a way to confuse the AI, they need to be gone.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

I agree. After long talks with Frisk and others, we need to start cleaning house....not adding more rules. Thats the last thing we need right now.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I agree with you guys. Easier to replace two or three of the "cheesers" than penalize the whole league with more rules. Would make "War and Peace" look like a paperback hour read. lol