Rule Committee: Disconnects

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Rule Committee: Disconnects

Continuing vs. CPU after a DC is no longer an option. We must adjust our rules accordingly. Here are the current rules.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    4 - Disconnections

1st Quarter

- Game will ALWAYS be replayed.

2nd Quarter

- If one team is up by MORE THAN 35 points the winning team can choose from replaying against the CPU or the human.

- If score is not more than 35 a point difference restart the game and play 3 full quarters carrying over the score from the previous game.After 3 full quarters which ever team is ahead using the carried over score, they finish vs CPU. If tied, play 4th quarter using OT sudden death rules.(Will decide on how OT coin toss will be handled soon.)

- If this is the third time or more the disconnect happened with the same team ahead then that team can choose to replay against the CPU.

3rd Quarter

-If one team is up by MORE THAN 28 points the winning team can choose from replaying against the CPU or the human.

- If score difference is 28 points or less the following apply:

- If inside 2 mins in 3rd qtr restart game and play 1st qtr like its 4th carrying over the games score.

- If outside of 2 min in the 3rd qtr restart the game and play a half carrying over scores. Winning team finishes vs cpu.

- If this is the third time or more the disconnect happened with the same team ahead then that team can choose to replay against the CPU.

4th Quarter

- If one team is up by MORE THAN 21 points the winning team can choose from replaying against the CPU or the human.

- If score difference is 21 points or less the following apply:

- If outside of 2 min in the 4th qtr restart the game and play 1 full qtr carrying over the score from the previous game. Winning team finishes vs cpu.

- Inside of two minutes, if more than 17 pts replay vs CPU and if 17 points or under, restart game and play 1st qtr like 4th qtr with score carried over.

-----------------------------------------------------

Here are my suggested modifications.

4 - Disconnections

*Restarting and playing the full game again is ALWAYS an option!*

1st Quarter

- Game will ALWAYS be replayed.

2nd/3rd Quarter

- If one team is up by MORE THAN 28 points the winning team can choose from replaying a full game against the CPU or the human.

- If a team is up by LESS THAN 28 points, then you need to play a 'scrim' (online non-ranked game) for two/three quarters (depending on when the DC happened) and play like the winning team has the lead they had when the DC happened. The winner of that 'scrim' can then play the CPU.

4th Quarter

- The winning team will always have the option of replaying a full game against the CPU or human.

- If the losing team can show evidence that they had a reasonable chance to score and win the game, they can as the appropriate AFC or NFC rep for a restart of the entire game.

***If one player is losing and disconnects more than once in the same game, the other player may always choose to replay a full game against the CPU regardless of the situation.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Tried to keep the above simple and straightforward

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Replay an unranked "scrimmage" is not possible to due to differences in rosters due to roster updates, league trades, Free Agents etc.etc

I think our existing rule is fine. The only change is taking out the Continuing vs CPU part and adding in, that the losing team will have to drop out of franny to allow winner to play CPU.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

what jeremy said

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I've seen a few disconnects but I have never seen the option to finish vs CPU.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jeremy and Nate....I think our DC rules are too complicated. This is one of the areas we can really simplify to make things easier. THis is something we all have agreed is necessary for this league.

Give us some ideas on how to simplify this. That'd be my suggestion. No need for 2 pages of DC rules. Let's make it somehow simple and straightforward.

Also, one issue is how do we prove who quit or DC'd and who didn't????

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You can't prove it, unfortunately. I'd like to think we have honest owners in here though. If we don't then they need to be removed. Intentionally quitting or disconnecting should be expulsion from the league IMO..........maybe even the site

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This....

Anything in the first half should be a replay.

We need to not penalize a team with a large lead and make them replay the entire game.

My thoughts are if you make it to halftime and are up 17 and the game discoes you play another half with a 17 point lead. If that lead holds up the guy behind quits out and the other player with the lead finishes against the cpu. That should go for the third qtr also.

To me if its in the 4th qtr and the game is 21 or more points the team with the lead should finish vs the cpu.

Why would we want to replay the entire game or play a scrim game and then play the game again vs the cpu.

That to me is asking alot of time to get a game in and is not fair.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Bruce, this year when an opponent disconnects or quits you no longer get the option finish vs CPU and here in lies our problem.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If I may....

First thing to state is three strikes and you're sim. Regardless of previous scores, three tries to get a game in with disconnects is a sim.

This three strike rule would ONLY be for if the game got through one quarter of play. If a game never gets to the end of the first quarter, it does NOT count as a strike. However, if even one play after the first quarter ends occurs, it counts as a strike for sim play.

If a game is disconnected before halftime, it gets a total replay (and a strike).

If a game is at halftime and the winning team has more than a 17 point lead, and get disconnected, the winning team can play the CPU with commissioner permission.

If a game is in the fourth quarter and the winning team has more than a 10 point lead, the winning team can play the CPU with commissioner permission.

If any of these scenarios would result in a third strike (for disconnect), there is no play CPU option. The game is a straight sim to save time for owners and the league.

Also, if five attempts to play and getting disconnected before the first quarter ends, that is a straight sim situation for both parties.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i dont see why anything has to change. they play the game and add up scores, winning team under current rules get to play the cpu. why the change?