rule discussion - punt defense

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 23, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

rule discussion - punt defense

a lot of complaints lately about guys moving dlinemen back before teh snap. i know they cant move payers manually, so should we say no movement of any player manually before the snap of the ball on punts/fg's ?

thoughts?

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

yeah, I think no players should be move pre snap on FGs or Punts. I move my guy on punts but I wait till the snap. No reason everyone else can't do the same.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I see no reason to not say no movement of players presnap on FGs and punts.

4. natedawg212000

i am ready to post this. since no more input from the other board members its going in.

5. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I agree with punts...but FG's i think we should allow...its the only way to block a FG on madden to send the LB up the middle...

6. natedawg212000

it tricks the AI, so i totally disagree. if you want to block it then send the lb up the middle after the snap imo.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree with not allowing d-line movement here but do think we should allow movement of the player(s) not on the line, ie, linebackers

8. natedawg212000

looks like 3 and 2 on this rule also. so lets keep discussing. this is the easiest known flaw in every madden or football game period. you allow movement and players put lbs in gaps, confusing the AI and allowing a block.

9. Jeremy

75+ non-dynasty games online.
    I have been cheesed in many ways but I have yet to have someone block one of my FGs or Extra Point Attempts once much less exploit a weakness to do it everytime. Again, the only reason I would like to control on of my LBs in FG defense is to defend the fake. I find it impossible to get even close to blocking a FG.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have yet to have a field goal blocked by cheese tactics. But I have also not had anyone move players before the snap either. My opinion on covering a fake is either:

1. Call a FG safe zone and select a LB to play back after snap.
    2. Call a normal FG block and drop a LB back after snap.

I don't see the problem with having to wait till after the snap to move players. But most of you have a lot more online experience than I do.

11. Jeremy

As long as the rule will allow for rushing the kicker post-snap or dropping back into coverage I am cool.

So no pre-snap player movement on special teams.

Another question, what if I control a d-lineman on punt defense and do not move him pre-snap BUT post-snap I take him and run him back to my punt returner as a blcoker instead of rushing the punter as per his assigned duty..??

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't see a problem with that at all Jeremy.

13. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i like to use my dline man to watch the fake punt....is that allowed presnap??

14. natedawg212000

the only thing i want to limit is pre-snap movement. nothing else. so all these questions are legal, as long as they dont move pre-snap