Rule Discussion: RB at FB

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Rule Discussion: RB at FB

Ok, my mistake as the owner who filed the complaint didnt want it aired in public apparently....my apologies.

But I want to discuss a rule for the remained of the season...and that is the RB at FB formation sub. The way some owners are using it is really really unsim, and just like the 1-5-5 formation i think it might be best if we ban it outright for the remainder of this season and the OMFL Cup.

Thoughts?

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

He already knows about it he is talking to me now about it on AIM. I just did not want to sound like a cry baby on it was just answering questions honestly and asking about specific rules about it myself. Tells me he was never told about the CJ at FB package swap and then the FB screen to him. Said he thought since you can package swap RB's at WR that he thought the FB thing was ok. I just wanted to know if it was legal which at this point it seems it is. I did package swap Felix at WR on a couple plays myself so I may be guilty as well not sure. I have played him twice and maybe no rules were broken it was as close to a lobby game as it gets to me....

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Both of these rules have come up in every NCAA league I have been in and both were considered illegal the 1-5-5 and the RB at FB. The only thing was they would allow the FB swap if the guy was like 86 and under speed. That being said this is Madden and it is different.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I agree Dunn....and for some reason I totally forgot you were on the board now! Haha. Welcome aboard and to your first discussion here!

Ox I think is a very good guy, and I'm glad to have him in my division where I'm playing him multiple times per year. So this is nothing against him, but if he is doing this enough to where its a serious exploit then he has forced our hand and we need to ban it, atleast through Madden 10 IMO

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

CJ at FB is just plain stupid and was done to gain unfair advantage,period.

I am so digusted at the win at all costs attitude some of our owners have.

I am about 3 seconds away from starting a thread explaining EXACTLY what SIM football is and if owners cant handle it or disagree with some points of it, they can hit the road. No questions asked. It seems like lately we have been fighting more and more stupid cheese issues. Im also fed up with "oh,i didnt know" or "the rules didnt say i couldnt do it."

/rant over

6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

When a guy averages 11 yards per carry against a pretty good D and I did not even think of defending the run something could be a bit carried away. Just not really sure what we could even do about it. I mean do we count the sweeps and tosses? Not sure what really stinks is I read the CJ at FB thing and read the throw back screen and jumped the route but my DE just could not catch him. I need to tackle better either way...

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sorry Dunn I couldnt get ahold of anyone to remove it before it was too late. Yeah this issue was resolved almost instantly after the release of NCAA 2010. Here is exactly how we handled it... (Keep in mind weights and speed would be different for NFL)

Unrealistic Defensive Tactics: Anything along the lines of using Quarters as your primary defense, or trying to stop the run with Nickel and Dime is NOT allowed.

1-5-5 Defense: Banned.

Run Commit: Banned.

Pass Commit: Banned.

Column 1
    Pos Notes
    QB: No Restrictions
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Height restriction > 6'2''
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 245 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Height restriction > 6'2''
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 200 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 205 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    DB: No restrictions
    RET: No Restrictions

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I should have gotten on the rules committee. I feel so detached! haha

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

I would be willing to come up with a chart like that for Madden 11. LOL.

Ok guys, I'm trying to prod us towards some kind of resolution of these issues, as we seem to never make a definate decision. I am for banning the RB to FB swap as it won't affect rosters this late in the game. Banning CB's at S, or LBs at DE would tinker with many teams rosters at much to late point in the season where many teams would have huge gaps that they wouldn't be able to cover.

So....for the rest of Madden 10....

Ban the RB to FB formation swap? Yes or No
    Ban the 1-5-5? Yes or No?

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Ban the RB to FB formation swap? Yes

Ban the 1-5-5? Yes

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I agree, yes to both........for now.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

I also say yes to both.

Once we get Nate to weigh in the rules committee will have voted and we can make a final determination on these things.

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

both is fine with me also...