rule discussion - show blitz

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 23, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

rule discussion - show blitz

again, due to the obwhite complaint I have seen this happen a lot. Should we put a limit on how often a team can 'show blitz'? imo its a little bit of a cheesy function that can be over used pretty easy. I suggest that we limit it to 2 times per drive. thoughts?

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

people do that to me all the time. it's a shame that people feel they need to take advantage of every little aspect of the game. 2 times a drive sounds good.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I just think this particular part is hard to monitor. I do a lot of press coverage, bringing corners up, and try to alternate that with show blitz and standard setup. I do think that this falls under playcalling alteration though. So if you can't help but show blitz every play, then get over it cause you're cheesing out your playcalling.

4. natedawg212000

its not hard to monitor. if a opponent sees someone go show blitz more than 2 times per drive they say something. i just think its a easy way to never learn how to play defense. 2 times per drive is fine. if you want that kind of defense where its on safety back then play the 4/6. other than that stop using 'show blitz'

5. natedawg212000

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

man i think we are getting a lil too stiff with the rules...

I think as far as showing blitz we should allow it..anytime...we shouldnt limit pre snap

7. natedawg212000

cade that, imo again, is bull. if a player wants to run a single safety most of the game - then play the 4/6. if not then its not a cool feature to be using for cheese.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am not in favor of putting a number on this. I would suggest just empahsizing this in the mixing up of playcalling rules. I think the more rules we put in the more chaotic this league will get. It may sound crazy but when we get to such a large amount of rules, the rules will get broken more, causing more reprimands, causing more owners to get offended, causing more owner turnover and finally a weaker league.

9. natedawg212000

totally disagree. i've been in online leagues for years with tons of rules. the reason rules are no issue is because its common sense rules. my problem with not putting a number on it is it fixes nothing and imo this is a major cheese issue.

lets keep discussing. 3 of us want it, 2 don't. if we decide we dont want it i'll take it down.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

If we go with this I suggest just banning "show blitz" altogether.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Now banning it in general I don't agree with. But I don't have an answer on how to fix it and make it fair either.

12. natedawg212000

the problem is just the abuse of the stupid function. i too dont want to ban it.

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree that how many times this is run per drive would be tough to monitor. I am not for this rule, but if we do I can live with it. I'm all for making the rules as close to real as possible so I can easily be convinced. What has obwhite said when the complaints were brought to his attention?

14. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree, I don't think we can really just but a number of times this can be done. I think we just let everyone know that this falls under mixing it up and if you fail to do this your violated the rules. If a player gets multiple warnings against him then he will be kicked out of the league. I say we just give a suggested number of times this should be used, so other players will be more aware of this if it's being over used against them.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This sort of falls in the same vein as the Wildcat discussion. I have not looked into the posts we did for the Wildcat, but we didn't limit that did we? We just said that it fell under playcalling variants. And since then we haven't had any issues with Wildcat, I don't think.

16. natedawg212000

ok, ill take the numbering out. obwhite never answered my pm so i am not sure he read it or even comes here.