rule discussion - signing fa's

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 23, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

rule discussion - signing fa's

this is something we never discussed.
    how about this - all posted bids are final. no pulling out (this will come in handy when guys get overboard on free agents during the offseason and start posting stuff just to regret it a hour later), no not signing the player. after a bid is posted and won, the player must be signed. if the player is released (and can be, even immediately) then the signing team takes a cap hit.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I thought that was the rule in place, honestly. But if we have to put it highlighted in black and white, I am all for it.

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Sounds good to me. Also if the Winning bidder needs to have a few days to sign there FA's if they do not then maybe they the FA should go back into the FA's and the team that won him and didn't sign him should still take a cap hit.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Think that rule is in place, but I believe 48 hours is what we set up.

5. natedawg212000

ya its 48 hours and then we make a post announcing that player is a free agent again. no cap hit, the guy just doesnt get his guy. that would fall under one of the things jeremy needs to do for us. if 48 hours pass and the players isnt actually picked up, then send a pm to that team and post that player is a fa and they must start the process over again.

6. natedawg212000

going to post this up too. i really wish we would have gotten more input

7. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I agree with this....

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree with this. I was thinking a few days ago. Do we have a rule in place that a team has to have the salary cap room in order to bid on a free agent? This is a great rule IMO. It prevents people from placing bids on all FA players out there. If someone needs a RG and there are 4 good ones out there, they would be able to just place bids on all 4 at one time and wait it out until they are sure to get one. If you limit it to needing the cap space it would make people much more selective and strategic with their bids. What do you guys think?

9. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

not a bad Idea Web, I'd go for that, but I can go either way on this issue.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I would hate to have to release a player on my roster to bid on another. If I lose the bid, I am out 2 players.

If an owner does what you say web, he will pay the price in the end. His team will suffer in other areas by using up all his cap space on one position.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Another thing to consider is that if a team tries to sign a player and they do not have cap space, the board then can step in and force releases of players to come back under cap numbers, if I'm not mistaken.

12. natedawg212000

you are correct winuvas

13. natedawg212000

i think the best way to do this is if someone wins a fa they MUST sign them. which means they have to do whatever they have to do to get under the cap and sign all fa's they win. if they don't, then we will fix their roster and they wont like that at all.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Agreed. I think we might need to either put that in the rules, or put it in bold so people understand we're serious.