Rule Discussion

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

1.) How does everyone feel about this rule in our dynasty. It was brought to my attention yesterday that a coach was breaking this rule by using the 3-3-5 and 1-5-5 defense. I know alot of us use the 3-3-5 sometimes, so maybe this is a rule we need to revist. It is possible this rule is outdated or just not necessary.

• Defensive Playcalling: Please call realistic defensive plays for the proper situation. Use a 4 or 5 DL set to stop the run and a 3 or 4 DL set to play the pass. There are formations in these games that allow for unrealistic results. Using the 3-3-5 or 1-5-5 to stop the run, however effective it may be, will not be tolerated. There are OL AI problems with these formations that make them super-effective against heavy run sets.

2.) The other concern out there right now is users playing with safties and crashing the line of scrimmage. This is unsim and against our league rules. If you are a coach that user controls the safety and you find yourself doing this sometimes, stop doing this immediately.

• Playing the Position: Safeties do not normally play close to the line of scrimmage. Defensive linemen do not play in the secondary. Regardless of what player you are controlling, make sure you are playing that position. Controlling a safety and crashing him straight towards the line of scrimmage is not sim. A safety's first step is NEVER towards the line of scrimmage. Note that nickel DBs and SS (rovers) in a 4-2-5 can also be easily abused. Use sim judgment in the way you control players on defense.

2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I play 3-3-5 and I use the safety so screw you.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

You also just got your ass kicked by 'Bama

4. BigKing

Proof that I don't cheese.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Is the fleXbox One considered a heavy run set?

7. C Young

C Young Walk On

I agree with the playing the position and the safeties deal, sometimes I'm guilty of it - but alot of the time I'll hit the A button for a second if i think its a run and in the 3-3-5 the safety can come blow up a running play that takes a little long to develop without u crashing. I think the 3-3-5 is very susceptible to getting spread out and thrown on as versatile as it may be, but thats just my opinion. I think the 3-3-5 is kind of legit this year, the 3-3-5 split is basically a 3-4 defense in disguise anyway. As far as the 1-5-5 honestly I have no idea how to use it or if it is even in my defensive playbook.

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

As far as how the rule is worded, I'm not sure if this was an AI issue with NCAA '11 or '12 or even both. I didn't write these rules, we just inherited them.

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Im not sure how you can think the 3-3-5 is legit when the rule clearly says it exploits the AI. The okie is a 3-4 in disguised. I say like in almost every league TSO to ban it.

10. BigKing

In my premier league, Legacy, a handful of guys run the 3-3-5. It has it's benefits and weaknesses. I don't have any issues with people using it against me. One thing I would question is the ability to sub in WRs for RBs in your fleXbox One offense making for 4 wideouts in an option formation.

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I normally dont do that but since you run the 3-3-5 I will. Its also a formation sub

12. BigKing

no problem

13. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

Just curious. How would having two WR as the flex backs be advantageous? Wouldn't they have garbage break tackle and carrying?

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I run the old Hawaiian run n shoot. So they run the sweeps and short passing routes

15. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I understand what the rule says, but the rule is just someone's opinion and was carried over from last year. We havn't had anyone complain about the 3-3-5 in this league before and I know plenty of people use it sometimes.

16. BigKing

Maybe you should update our rules to rules that we follow, like Clemson isn't allowed to win the ACC.

17. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

If the majority of use have no issues with people using the 3-3-5, I will update our rules. I do want to stress, that the Safety rushing the line is NOT allowed and we will keep that in our rules.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I am fine with the FS rule and I dont have a problem with the other rule for the 3-3-5.

19. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I have updated our rules and removed the part about the 3-3-5 and 1-5-5.