Rule on Trades

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Rule on Trades

Okay, when we put in the 4 trades/4 players per team rule, there is one thing we left out, apparently: this was on the assumption that there are only two teams involved in the trade.

I propose that we add a new rule to trade limitations: Every team added beyond the first two adds a trade to the trade maximum.

Example: If a three team trade takes place, each team in the trade is counted as having made 2 trades for the 4 trade maximum. If a 4 team trade takes place, each team gets 3 trades put against their 4 maximum.

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i agree winuvas

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Please tell me the reasoning behind this rule. For example, in yesterday's trade, the Lions only traded away 1 item. So you are telling me that should count for 4 trades for them???? This makes zero sence.

Aren't we a sim league? 3 and 4 way trades happen on a fairly regular basis in the NFL. If you would like information on why Nate and I got involved and had to make our deal a 4 way trade, please by all means we'll tell you. But don't punish us for thinking outside the box and completing the deal we did last night.

After the whole offseason switcharoo thing, and now at the LAST MINUTE again you want to change the rules on something..........CMON! Really!!???

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Just proposing an idea, Dunlap.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

I know, and I'm telling you why I think that idea sucks.

This would be the second rule in 2 days that REALLY limits how teams can improve themselves. I like using my 'outside of the box' style to GM my team. And I was going to do that with our old RFA system and also work some trades to improve my team.

Now the RFA system has crashed and burned.....and now the trading rules are under attack.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dude, they are hardly under attack. I'm just simply proposing an idea. If you don't like it, fine. If you do like it, fine.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree Win

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

You agree....why?

Again I feel like this is sour grapes because Nate and I completed a big blockbuster deal.

Please I would like everyone who is agreeing to this rule change to explain why you'd force the Lions (who only gave up 1 item in our trade) to have this count as 4 trades for them. Please. . .I am waiting on an explanation?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, you know, since you decided to just blast away and not wait on any explanations at all, I'll tell you:

My plan was to only add trades to a team if multiple components come from different teams. For example, since you brought up your trade:

Jaguars got components from the Browns and Saints in this trade. 2 trades for Jaguars.

Browns traded with Jaguars and Saints. 2 trades for Browns.

Saints got components from Lions, Browns, and Jaguars. 3 trades for them.

Lions got components from Browns and Saints. 2 trades for Lions.

Now, you can continue your flamefest with no real help in fixing the problem I saw: doing a 4 team trade and counting it as 1 trade for all teams. I think, personally, that is total BS.

Now, before you continue though, this rule discussion would be put in for after year 2 at the earliest. Which means your 4 team tradefest would go as 1 trade this year.

Now, flame on, Dunlap.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Winuvas,

I have never have 'blasted away'. It sounds like you are angry because I don't agree with you.

If I can't disagree without getting accused of blashpemy on this board, then maybe its not for me.

It's happened in the offseason changes and now here.

Next time if I disagree I just wont say anything. Fine.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

No, you can disagree. I don't mind that at all. What I do mind is the way you've done it.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Which is how? Please quote what I've said that's out of line.

Also, isn't our trade rule that you can have 4 items per trade? So we are just doing away with that too?

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

So just checking here but by your new rule if I traded away just Drew Brees and got back players from 4 different teams in a multiway deal that would be all the trading I can do for the season correct?

Trade away 1 person and I'm done.....okay.

14. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

sad.. very very sad.. first cade now dunlap. i give up.

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ima take a few days off of the OMFL and maybe simmer down a bit and come back. I'm getting frustrated and I shouldn't get so mad over the game.

Decide whatever you want. Ill be back in a few days when I'm not making people angry because I'm frustrated.

16. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

ok nate....

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This issue needs to move to the back burner for now. While I still feel that this needs to be looked at, we have bigger fish to fry right now.

I apologize for bringing this up at a very bad time and ask for the board's forgiveness in this matter. I still am very passionate about this issue; however, my passion was shown at a very poor time with lots of turmoil already going on.

18. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

3 months of smooth sailing and it all goes into the toilet in a week. I no longer look forward to checking the forums.

19. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Winuvas your Idea was great. We need new and better ideas that can make this league better and more sim style. I too think this needs to be looks at because teams are just going to start doing 3 or 4 way deals to trade more players per season. Just like peoples game play, owners do whatever they can do for an advantage. It's sad that winning means more to them then their own pride. With that said, I am not referring to anyone here on the board. Just a few players I've played, so lets not get our panties in a bunch. Overall we are all here because of Nate. He brought us in to help him out with running this great league he put together and thats what we should be doing. Not yelling at each other because we disagree on a issue. If you disagree with something just state so and why you disagree and what you propose, instead of belittling one another.

20. natedawg212000

i am posting this now, it goes into effect immediately and will count for the one deal that was done (so each team receives 3 moves)

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jaguars got components from the Browns and Saints in this trade. 2 trades for Jaguars.

Browns traded with Jaguars and Saints. 2 trades for Browns.

Saints got components from Lions, Browns, and Jaguars. 3 trades for them.

Lions got components from Browns and Saints. 2 trades for Lions.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

That's how Winuvas wrote the rule.

22. natedawg212000

before i announce that this includes the deal just done what do we do if the new owners complain they didnt know? i have no problem with falling in line and not doing but one more trade but a team like the browns may need to do more if possible. thoughts?

23. natedawg212000

ok, fair enough.

24. natedawg212000

dunlap if you could please let the browns and lions know this.

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think it is unfair to the Lions and the Browns owners to take more than 1 hit for this deal.

I will take 2 hits and and you can take 3 since we are on the board.

Or we can make the rule in affect AFTER our deal. Honestly (and this isn't just because I'm in the trade) but how fair is it to make a rule retroactive when we followed the rules as they were written.

But I'm willing to take 2 hits for this trade. But I don't think we should penalize the Browns or Lions owners. . .they had no say in this.