Rule proposal

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jul 20, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Since EA failed to address the fact that players in the game are able to line up and get a play call w/o hurrying and still have 33 seconds left on the playclock, I propose the following:

No huddle offenses are not allowed to snap the ball with more than 25 seconds remaining on the playclock. I vote this should be applied to hurry up offenses in the two minute drill as well unless you called the spike play.

I think this rule will make the game so much more realistic and get rid of those bullshit 25 second length of the field drives at half and end game.

I mean it's so cheesy last night against UNC they'd go no huddle and their WR who ran streak routes and were 40+ yards downfield would get back, line up, have the play, and not be tired with 32 seconds remaining on the play clock. I think we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard, at least in user games.

Thoughts?

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Are you saying we do this for CPU games too?

3. GoGators

I guess that's at the users discretion as far as the no huddle is concerned. I plan to since I think it's completely unrealistic to snap the ball with 30+ seconds on the play clock. Even the fastest offenses like Oregon and auburn didn't snap until around 20-25 last year.

However, running the hurry up offense is slightly different since the CPU snaps it immediately so I guess in that case it's fair for us to too.

Outside of the hurry up though in the regular course of the game using the no huddle I will let the clock run down to 25 or less before snapping against the CPU.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I think as long as the defense is set someone should be allowed to snap the ball, regardless of the playclock. In other words, you shouldn't be running no-huddle to catch you defense out of position, which I thought was a site-wide rule.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm with Randy on this one. I see where your coming from though gators in trying to eliminate those super quick comeback drives, but those do happen from time to time in the real game as well. I think as long as the defense is set you should be able to snap it. Waiting would allow the defense to adjust, which defeats the purpose of the no-huddle.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

You also have to consider when referring to "IRL" they play 15 minute quarters, not 8. I think after the defense is set, you should be allowed to snap the ball. At some point, it is what it is, and it's hard to make a rule for everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masler

Masler Moderator

No chance we eliminate the no huddle is there?..No?...Didn't think so

• Like Like x 1
  8. dakota7

No huddle is fine as long as its done in a sim and respectful way. You were fine last year gators. I guess if you were going too fast and your opponent asked you to slow down, I'm sure you would. That would be the only condition I'd put on it.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is what I was going to say.

10. GoGators

Ok I understand that. But using that same logic then you shouldn't be able to go into your "hurry up" 2 minute drill offense until there's 1 minute remaining.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

If I use hurry up (which is rare), it usually is around the 1:30 mark or I have 85-90 yards of field to cover with 2 or less minutes

12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Then, you could also argue that running out the clock you should have to snap it before a certain time because the game is 8 minutes not 15.

Like I said, sometimes it is what it is.

13. GoGators

I'm not debating this any further. I've stated my thought and I'm not trying to start a big argument.

I just wanted to note that we we have that rule site wide.

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Is it? I didn't know that. Is there a list somewhere?

15. jello1717

JCspartan2

It sounds like we need a list of rules in our sticky. I've seen questions about when to snap the ball in no huddles and whether or not we're allowed to use gameplanning in the past day.

16. dakota7

Is game planning banned this year?

17. jello1717

GoGators said he thought it was.

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

As far as gameplanning goes, I'm not a fan of people using it with the exception of the tempo adjustments. So I would prefer that we don't use it, if there is a large outcry about this though it's really not a big deal to me. It is not banned site wide actually. When I was in T1 last year it was used frequently and I had no idea it was allowed and I flipped out only to be scolded by hellisan.

As far as snapping with no-huddle, I believe the site-wide rule is that the defense must be set, but there is no time limit and that's what we are going to go with here.

19. GoGators

Since you asked:

O.4.0 - Playclock: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play anywhere from 6-8 minute quarters here; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. We do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 3 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the half.

It's the general NCAA rules for TSO found in the "New Members Lounge" forum.

20. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Thanks. I knew I'd seen that somewhere.