*Rule Reminders*

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Mar 13, 2010.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

*Rule Reminders*

Just a reminder, the following are considered to be cheese and are not acceptable.

Pass/run commit and aggressive game-planning are all banned. Using them can easily be tracked through Season Showdown. I’ll be monitoring this closely. If you’re getting +5’s for strategy you’re breaking the rules. Points for “stuff the run†or “stop the pass†should never show up again in this OD.

Run your offensive play the way it’s supposed to be run. For example do not send all your wideouts deep with the intention of just taking off with the QB. If pressure’s coming and the pocket’s collapsing then be my guest to take off. If not, stay in the pocket and either throw it to a WR or throw it away.

There should be no scrambling outside the pocket with the QB unless it’s a rollout play or there’s pressure. You can call designed run plays with your QB, I do it a lot. Just don’t call a pass play with the intention of opening up room for your QB to run.

Doing this stuff is horse-shit and I don’t wanna hear about it being done or there will be serious repercussions. Cheesing really pisses me off, everyone consider this a stern warning.

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Understood.

3. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Our game was good right hood? I don't think either of us did anything wrong right?

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Sounds good

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

its funny how people cant just play football and take advantage of obvious flaws in the ai. go play FFXIII

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Agreed....

7. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

yeah ours was squeaky clean, I posted this before we played.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

(y)I look at it this way, anyone who beats me HAS to be cheesing

9. Dean

Dean Walk On

I feel this all pointed right at me, which is absolute bull****.

If there is pressure, I'm scrambling. Also, when someone calls a DE contain, then take the LB who is spying into pass coverage, damn right im going to run as will everyone else. If you say you wouldnt, you're lying. Next point, check my season showdown, as im the only one that uses it, i had 0 strategy points. Which means no run/pass commit or aggressive game plan.

Forgive my rant, but I feel im being called a cheater, which couldn't be further from the truth.

10. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I use season showdown...I know TUCO uses it as well. Just saying.

11. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

uh I thought everyone uses season showdown to be honest.

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Everybody I have played in this od has season showdown, but I have seen people before that don't have it. I'm not sure how it's possible but it is, because I thought you registered when you first put in the game...

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I have no idea what season showdown even is. I've heard people talking about it and "checking" it but i have no idea what's going on there. I just play.

14. Dean

Dean Walk On

the only user that I 've played that has it was King. I dont know what it is, maybe there is a way to turn it off/on

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Dean, if this was really a big enough deal you would have gotten a PM from me about the situation. If you don't get a PM from me, then don't worry about it. This was a general reminder to everyone, I thought our games have been very clean Dean.

16. Dean

Dean Walk On

Ok, my fault for the misunderstanding

17. Iron Mickey

I will be recording my games from here on out. Got my equipment.

18. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Sweet, how much did all the stuff cost you?

19. Iron Mickey

$200 Bucks

20. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I would think about doing it but thats out of my price range at this point and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get it all to work lol but I'm definitely gonna enjoy getting to watch some games.

21. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I have season showdown and i noticed that if u make a play while keying in on a wr u get points for strategy..Is keying on wr allowed in this league?

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I am curious about this too, i've never done it before but i'm sure it'd be useful. In real life i'm sure coaches tell players to worry more about terrell owens then the no name guy on the other side of the field so i dont see why it wouldn't be sim.

23. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

well JCA's second WR was just merking my db on two bombs... one was a touchdown..I keyed in on him when I thought the play was coming and I got an Int and got +15 for strategy. I only did it cause he was burning my guy but called it like twice to so the saftey could give help because th whole defense kinda focuses on that guy and leave bigger holes on othe wr

24. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

makes sense to me, if i knew about the strategy i'd do that too.

25. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

I'm sure they'll disallow it, I still don't know why we took out pass commit. Run commit I can understand since it's overpowered, pass commit really isn't. The only plays it truly helps on is 3rd and long, which most teams would be looking for the pass anyways.