**Rule Reminders**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

**Rule Reminders**

I wanted to make some clarifications/Reminders for everyone regarding play for us in 10' & going into 11'.

Make sure you follow these for the rest of year 8 and so on.

1. When on defense, if your opponent is coming out with an offensive set with 4 or 5 wide receiver sets you need to at least have one extra defensive back on the field. (IE: a Nickle, or Dime Defensive Set) Not a 4-3, 3-4, or 4-6 defense....make sure you have a correct defense.

2. On option pitches the ball needs to be out of the QB's hands before contact.

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

sounds good

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I have read and will comply

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Also remember on the option if you know you performed an accidental late pitch because the lag you need to run out of bounds at the line of scrimmage or as soon as you can.

5. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

if a guy is running the ball with 4 wrs set up the middle on you, you cant take a risk and come out in a 5-2 or something?

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I understand and will comply

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

A good excerpt from al groh of virginia when talking about defending a spread offense

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/4909/virginia-s-groh-on-defending-the-spread-offense

"What we do like about being in the 3-4 defense is the flexibility it provides because defense, so much these days, that fourth linebacker as opposed to a fourth defensive lineman in the 4-3, gives us significantly more options. What defensive coaching is now, no matter what the system, you have to find some ways to adapt to what the other team is doing. We think this gives us the ability to adapt and react. You'd like to be on the attack defensively and set the tone, but to a degree the offensive will always control that. You have to be able to adjust and adapt."

Texas A&M coach talking about the 3-4 vs the spread and pass happy big 12 offenses

http://www.statesman.com/sports/aggies/aggies-hope-change-to-3-4-will-bolster-433892.html

""It'll be a transition," Sherman said . The transition will be a big one, as A&M evolves from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4, which is making a resurgence in the NFL and trickling down to the college ranks. The 3-4 relies on speedy linebackers who can stuff the run as easily as they can drop back in coverage, which is a must in the pass-oriented Big 12 South Division."

A video that talks about the system is on this page http://www.championshipproductions....ad-with-a-Multiple-3-4-Defense_FD-03275B.html

8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No.....b/c in this game (the 2010 version) it does not let the offensive opponent take advantage of such mismatches as a Linebacker on a WR.

9. Dean

Dean Walk On

fine with me

10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Sounds good to me

12. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

10-4 good buddy