Rule suggestion

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by SFRANGER6969, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

I am not a fan of the no manual player movement rule and would like to find out how many people are for/against the rule.

I agree that nobody on the d-line should be allowed to be moved manually but lbs/fs/ss should be allowed to be moved b/c if not it puts your defense at a disadvantage against formations that are heavy to one side for example.

If an offense wants to run a toss or outside run (which seems to be most peoples number 1 running play) and put 2 tes on that side you should be able to move your mlb over a few steps presnap so that you can chase the rb to the sideline easier instead of giving up a big run everytime b/c your lbs cannot get to the edge or get blocked.

What about bunch formations and the inside wr/te runs a quick out route?? If you are in man sometimes the lb will be matched up on the inside wr/te but he will not line up directly in front of him so he is WIDE open on the route everytime.

I just feel that some teams may look to run plays on offense that are very effective and the defense is at a disadvantage if they cannot make a minor adjustment like moving a lb/fs/ss over to cover somebody in man coverage.

Of course some rules will have to be made to prevent abuse like no moving d-line, no bringing fs/ss into the box and things like that but I hate being at a disadvantage on defense when it is hard enough trying to stop somebody on offense.

This is the current rule and I would like for it to be changed if the majority feel the same way and if the commish approves.

Pre-Snap Adjustments
    • Press Coverage / Loading the box / Showing blitz are prohibited on 3rd and 4th down if the yardage to gain exceeds 5 yards
    • Performing the same pre-snap adjustments every play / repeatedly is NOT allowed
    • Manual player movement pre-snap is NOT allowed

2. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

I do believe your allowed to move players to line them up to who there covering but thats all, i could be wrong about that not sure, if there was a change in this rule i would only like the LB to be able to move to prevent ppl bringing FS/SS into the box

3. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

You can always move players to make sure they are lined up over their assignment (safeties /CB/ LB) there's nothing wrong with that. For the toss sweep plays, you can always slide the LBs over using the pre-snap adjustments. The rule is in effect because with that being said, what other reason would there be to manually move a player?

4. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Bringing fs and ss into the box is sim if used sparingly(once a drive?) , you see it every Sunday......

I am for being able to move your controlled defender presnap if it's not dline....

5. RRAHx2

If he's covering the TE/HB you can slide him in the box/up to the line of scrimmage all day. If hes blitzing, I think it does it automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Okay so as long as you move the lb/fs/ss to cover the man he is responsible for this is acceptable to do. I thought you could not move them at all and at times I had a difficult time trying to stop some plays b/c my defender could never catch up. Thanks for clearing it up

7. RRAHx2

Oh yeah you can move any player anywhere on the field, as long as it is for a man coverage assignment. But you can not move a guy to another spot for zone coverage or blitzing purposes.

8. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Yeah the no manual player movement is designed to stop you from screwing with the AI protection by bringing guys in on blitzes and overloaded the protection. If you're doing that, you'll be in deep trouble. But for coverage, you can manually move guys or use the pre-snap adjustments.