Rulebook cleanup

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Went through and cleaned up the rulebook a bit. There are some repetitive areas though that I didn't change but would like to, as well as making the book easier to read. What I will do is do an offline edit of it and repost it in google docs as another rulebook. I'll give you guys the link. If you like it, then I'll copy and paste it on top of Nate's book, so we don't have to do any changing of links.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Here is a link for the "cleaned up" rulebook. I streamlined a few rules, and also reorganized it to be more sensible. All the gameplay stuff, including disconnects and subs, are at the front of the book, and all the roster stuff is at the back of the book. I tried to take out personal language (I, us, we) and replace it with "league leadership". I didn't do it in all cases though. I also combined a few things together (respect combined with pausing game and running up the score, for example) to eliminate some things and simplify it.

Let me know what you think. It will need some cleanup as I copy/pasted the OMFL rulebook to open office, and it didn't like the transition. lol

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6...FkYzAtNDRkYjMwODljMjBh&hl=en&authkey=CL3Z4pEG

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like it alot.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

thats fine with me

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll try to fluff it up a bit and make it look uniform. I may not get it 100% though. I'll let you know when I get finished up.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also gonna change the position change rules in my book to coincide with the new streamlined position change rules. I also already have the "new" trade rules in the rulebook I did, with the 4 points for 95+ players. If we decide to go the other way though it isn't much to edit.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Will also put in the rules involving team swaps.

Which brings me to a question....2 swaps with favorite team list or 1 swap with favorite team list as well?

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

2 is fine.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Redid the rulebook, but still need one more section (the offseason) and still need to fix links broken in transfer of file.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Everything is in the book now. Rulebook is finished with modifications, links, and the like. Should be more streamlined and easier to follow, and I made it as short as possible.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets