Rules and Discription

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by EaglesIrish5, Jul 21, 2009.

1. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Rules and Discription

"Pigskin Bullies"

This document is subject to change

Dynasty Description
    The "Bowl Warfare" dynasty is a league made up of newer members to the Tradition site. It gives users an opportunity to make a name for themselves in our online community. This leage uses teams from the Big 10, Pac 10 and Big East. USC,Ohio State and Penn State are controlled by the computer. The goal of this dynasty gives uses to play in the non championship game conferences.

Name Team
    LB Fitted TBD
    Texboogie West Virginia Mountaineers
    Sixthdis108 TBD
    Sweetness Iowa Hawkeyes
    geauxtigers810 Oregon Ducks
    txshrns South Florida Bulls
    EaglesIrish5 California Golden Bears
    RighteousDr Michigan Wolverines
    Lilmaggie Washington Huskies
    GWill Cincinnatti Bearcats
    Beazus Christ TBD
    Darlon UCLA Bruins

Sliders & Settings
    Difficulty: All American(Subject to change)
    Quarters: 6 mins

Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy TBD TBD
    Pass Block TBD TBD
    WR Catching TBD TBD
    RB Ability TBD TBD
    Run Blocking TBD TBD
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Awareness TBD TBD
    Knockdowns TBD TBD
    Interceptions TBD TBD
    Break Block TBD TBD
    Tackling TBD TBD
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power TBD TBD
    FG Accuracy TBD TBD
    P Power TBD TBD
    P Accuracy TBD TBD
    Kickoff Power TBD TBD

*Sliders are subject to change

Week Advances
    We will follow a strict advance policy of a max week duration of 72 hours. If there are a few games remaining and there has been effort in scheduling the game in the scheduling thread then the deadline can be extended. The goal s to keep the dynasty moving swiftly and not have any long lags in between weeks.

The league will never wait on a player to just do their recruiting unless that person is out of town and will be back within the 72 hours and he asked that we wait. If you have a bye, spend 5-10 minutes and get your recruiting in, because if everyone else has had time to play their games and their is only one player with recruiting left, we will advance.

If all 11 of the 12 league players have finished their games within 24 hours, and their is one guy who has a game against a CPU left, he has 24 hours to get his game in, or 24 hours to post that he needs the full 72 hours. If he does that he will be given the full 72 hours, once again this will be posted on the league message board that he has 24 hours to play his game, and as long as the member posts that he needs the time it won't be a problem.

USER vs USER games, these are league killers, we all enjoy them but they can halt a dynasty in its tracks. We will have a game scheduling thread on the message board, and I want Users obviously scheduling those games on the message board. Also, I want the next week User's trying to schedule as well.

Offseason advancing - This will be done on an "As fast as possible system". No 1 week will ever take more then 24 hours. If we can advance in less then that time then great.

Column 1
    Position Changes
    Pos Notes
    QB: No Restrictions
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB: No restrictions
    RET: Restricted
    Speed Restriction < 93

Going for it on 4th Down: We encourage straight play in this league, however, we do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. Be realistic with going for it for 4th down. For example going for it on your own 30 yard line or going for it on 4th and 22 in your opponents territory. You have free reign in the 4th quarter when trailing.

Motioning: Motioning by backs and receivers is allowed. If the defense audibles before your motion is complete you must wait for the defense to get reset before snapping the ball, when possible. Otherwise, you are free to snap the ball when the Motion man reaches their spot on the field and the motion is complete.

Hurry Up Offense: All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties is obviously prohibited.

Playclock Rule: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play 7 minute quarters in TT; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. We do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 3 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if your trying to prevent another possession before the end of the half.

Playcalling, Mixing It Up, Play Action: Owners are expected to mix up plays on both offense AND defense. If your team falls behind early in the game, it's understandable if you become a one-dimensional offense with your passing game. As long as the game is close, we expect all box scores to reflect a concerted effort at reasonable play calling.
    Also, keep in mind it is unrealistic to call a PA Pass when it is 3rd down and more than 10. You may call a designed PA play and audible your RB to block or go into a pattern to stop the Playaction. Overuse of this or any other plays/patterns will be frowned upon.

QB Scrambling: Unrealistic QB scrambling/sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight backwards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TT, so running up the score on user opponenets will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin, even when playing the CPU.. I don’t want to see multiple 60-70 pt scoring games.

Moving Players before snap: On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move a individual defensive player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment.
    Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your playcalling.

Blitzing: While blitzing is certainly a part of the game, please be realistic when doing so, and do not use it excessively. Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (ie. spreading your defensive line then shifting your LB's to create AI holes). This also falls under the rules for mixing up playcalling.

Fake Punts and FG’s: Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on fourth down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt or field goal. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise," but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.
    Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are permitted at any time by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.

Players leaving

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
    is > 95 OVR
    is a JR that has won the Heisman
    is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
    Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Recruiting: No over-signing. You may not go over 70 players at any time. Penalty is ten hours of recruiting time lost per player over. That's a whole week, guys, so pay attention.

Each year every team gets an allowance of:
    1 - 5 star player
    7 - 4 star players
    Any additional recruits must be three star or lower, unless:

Some recruits are open to all, and do not count against your limits. These recruits are:

*Numbers 1, 2, and 3 - "The Celebrity Recruits"
    *Five and four star recruits with rankings of 10, 20, 30, and so on. Basically, every tenth recruit of the five and four star caliber is fair game, but you'll have to compete for them.
    *Numbers will change when the off-season recruits are added. We will develop a set of rules to govern this, but none exist just yet.

If I have 15 seniors, and no one leaves early, I can recruit a total of fifteen guys. My potential class numbers look like this:

1 five, 7 fours, 7 three & below

Now, if I get the second ranked recruit (a bonus five star), and also the number 60 recruit (a bonus four star), my class can potentially be this:

2 fives, 8 fours, 5 three & below

Bonus recruits can not push you over 70 total players on your roster. You must remain under the cap at all times.

Participation/Board Activity
    This is very important for a dynasty to be strong. Please be active on the forum posting recaps of games and any interesting news about your team (recruiting, injuries, visits, etc). Let's keep things fresh at all times to keep the interest up.

Complaints about opponent's play: No Public Battles in the forums! Contact the commissioner of your dynasty through private messages if any situations arise. Save game footage if necessary to show how your opponent was playing.
  2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Jun 30, 2009
    I'm glad we picked up that recruiting system; I think it will work well.
  3. txshrns

txshrns Guest

Sounds good.
  4. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

May 3, 2009
    Sounds good Eags.. When is the draft?
  5. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Still waiting on a few confirmations. Once we get those we will roll. I am working on getting the sliders and a roster as well.
  6. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Jun 29, 2009
    Sound good and very familiar....I'm good if I can get in.
  7. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Jul 17, 2009
    yo how can i get a sig made?
  8. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

I love the little guy on my sig... he so into it..haha
  9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Can we not post in here guys? It just creates clutter.
  10. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Jul 17, 2009
    the 1 question i had about this is how u say the 1st, 10th 20th. 30th recruit of each star. is that by position or jus on the top 100 overall?