Rules and Gameplay Reminder!!

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, Oct 28, 2012.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Come on guys, we are in Week 13 of the season already! There is no reason I should still be getting complaints about owners' gameplay. We ALL know what "sim play" is and we ALL agreed to the same rules! This list is a refresher of things players need to remember when playing league games; things I have seen first-hand myself or received multiple complaints of. We already have to worry about losing owners due to poor scheduling, I would hate to have to put an owner out for cheesing.

Rule #1 Don’t be a douchebag.
    This is for a video game, which is meant to be fun, no one wins anything for being the champion or anything like that so use best judgment and communicate with your opponent. If you think something is in a gray area according to the rules. Best to ask your opponent before you do it. Communication with your opponent is key.

Offense

Play Calling
    ·Mix up your play calls
    ·You can attack a weakness with exception:
    oDo not call the same play or pattern of plays over and over again.
    oDo not abuse an individual route/play
    oNo quick snap. The Defense should have time to set-up. Unless play clock is near zero. Basically give the defense 2-3 seconds.

Quarterback Movement
    ·Rolling out with QB following the snap MUST be by play design
    oQB Rollout, play action, option, screen
    ·Can roll-out or drop back is if there is pressure. BUT the pressure MUST be there.

When the ball is snapped for a pass play, the user must allow time for "the play to unfold." they cannot snap the ball and roll-out or snap and run the up the middle.

·For the person losing: There comes a time when you need to realize that you’re losing the game and that it is over. If I am down by 21 point and there is 1:30 left in the game, I am going to run the clock out and get the hell off the field.

·1-5-5, 4-6 can not be your base defense, 5-2 can be used on short yardage plays and can only send one blitzing player

Audibles & Adjustments

·When making pre-snap audibles or adjustments it is prohibited to make the same adjustment every play: press coverage, show blitz, stunts, shifts , etc etc. If you are showing blitz you cannot audible
    out, unless the offense does audibles/puts player in motion. Same goes for press, stunts, etc.

Manual Movement
    ·NO pre-snap Manual movement is allowed (applies to defense AND special teams)
    ·D-line: no manual shifts
    ·One shift left, right, up or down
    ·Safeties: 1 shift: left right or up. 2 Shifts down
    ·CB’s: 1 shift up down, left or right
    ·DO NOT ABUSE THIS

Last but not least,

Once again guys this league is meant to be SIM and competitive, however it is meant to be FUN also so enjoy yourself and do not wrap yourself up in the “WIN AT ALL COST” aspect. This isn’t life or death, it’s a video game. We are here to shape players into the TSO rules and regulations and style of play. We want to have everyone play their games and enjoy it against their opponent. When all else fails please see Rule #1, if you have any questions please get in touch with your senior leadership.

Forum Rules:

L.1 EXPECTATIONS

The winner of each, REGULAR SEASON contest and each POST-SEASON PLAYOFF contest is REQUIRED to post a game recap (If a user plays a CPU during the Playoffs or Divisional Game, they must write a review. Win or lose). The loser may follow with any comments and/or pleasantries thereafter. We don’t require a novel - just two or three paragraphs about how the game played out and who your player of the game was (accompanied by the usual "good game" pleasantries). Other owners are also free to discuss as it pertains to them. Highlight videos are welcomed and considered game recaps.

• ALL members are expected to participate any time an official league discussion or poll is presented, you're expected to jump in and post your opinion.

• Use the designated scheduling thread in the Game Scheduling forum to schedule your game with opponents each week.

L.2 FORUM & SOCIAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT

The members of the Rookie Symposium and the TSO community are who make this organization successful. Social interaction between the coaches in the forums is an integral step toward building the strongest league possible and ultimately enhances the enjoyment of the league for all involved. You could be the straightest gamer in the world, who shows up for each and every game on-time, and if you're ignoring the forums, you're not pulling your weight. So if you're not a big forum goer, or don't like discussing your games, this isn't the league for you.

L.3 INACTIVITY

Inactivity will not be tolerated. If an owner fails to comply with announced deadlines pertaining to the league such as quotas for games played or failure to respond to league-wide broadcast messages that require a reply; the lack of performance is grounds for immediate dismissal. This includes insufficient log-ins to your forum account and inadequate actions towards posts pertaining to getting games played before the appropriate deadlines.

L.4 ETIQUETTE

RESPECT ONE ANOTHER AT ALL TIMES. Do not make it a habit of complaining about a person’s gameplay without first asking yourself, “why am I mad?” If the answer is because you could not stop their offense or they caught you off guard on defense, then hit the practice field and move on. If there is a rule infraction or dispute during a game, pause the game and communicate the concern with your opponent. If you are unable to resolve the problem with one another, get an available staff member involved. At no point should either owner involved in a dispute take the matter into their own hands, disrespect their opponent via messenger, or berate their opponent publicly in the forum. The league staff reserves the right to remove any owner that violates the code of conduct as it has been outlined here.

L.5 CODE OF CONDUCT

TSO plays an integral part in the development of NCAA, Madden, and potentially other genres in the future. ALL Rookie Symposium Football league members, present and future alike, are required to recognize and respect that TSO is the governing body of all leagues within the community. YOUR voice is important. Just as you did by completing your TSO application, each league member is required to confirm publicly that they will respect and contribute to the TSO community. Any deviation from that will result in the immediate dismissal from Rookie Symposium and the TSO community.

nellycuz
    mmorgan184
    oneshot24
    Anthrax78
    MS8403
    Boman5
    elefeve
    Aspect1
    skin4lyfe
    GDip
    Matthew Keves
    The Rulah
    Troy J.
    iTsIsiah
    Fast Feet Pete
    NateDawg
    CTfromDC
    Elemnt
    thecajunnacho78
    SFRANGER6969
    SmashMouthFB33
    Selvy9

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Another note, in regard to forum rules. Owners MUST be active on the boards.. I am watching owners forum activity / contributions. There a few who are very close to getting warnings for that. Playing your game is not all that is required of you in this league. Forum activity is as well. If you don't have computer access or something like that for awhile, let me know so I can take that into account.

• Like Like x 1