Rules and Guidelines

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DigginGraves, Jun 19, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Rules and Guidelines

DISCUSSION!!! These rules are not set in stone guys, I would love input and suggestions for new/changed rules going forward. Here are some preliminary rules that I have adopted form other TF Dynasties. Let me know what you think needs to be added/changed.

1) The league will advance at a minimum every 72 hours, unless an exception has been made and the entire league isn't held up more than a day.

2) The league will never wait on a player to just do their recruiting unless that person is out of town and will be back within the 72 hours and he asked that we wait. Be aware, if you have a bye, spend 5-10 minutes and get your recruiting in, because if everyone else has had time to play their games and their is only one player with recruiting left, we will advance.

3) USER vs USER games, these are league killers, we all enjoy them but they can halt a dynasty in its tracks. We will have a game scheduling thread on the message board, and I want Users scheduling those games on the message board.

4) Exceptions will be made. Rules can be bent, all it takes is a little communication. Big game for the ACC title, but the Users haven't been able to get together, I'll give a 4th maybe even a 5th day considering the Users. Just communicate and everything will be good.

5) Offseason advancing - We will try and schedule a night once bowl season begins to do offseason stuff, with 12 people it can be very difficult, but we will try. If that can't be done, we will work out a hard and fast schedule that will not be altered.

6) Play fair, everyone needs to make sure that their roster and depth chart conforms with the rules of Tradition Football. No halfbacks at Fullback, no Wide Receivers at TE, SS at OLB, or OLB at DE, or OLB at TE.

7) No limitations on offering scholarships.

We will use two conferences to replace teams with our CAS teams.

MAC
    WEST
    1 Northern Illinois (2 star)
    2 Ball State (1 star)
    3 Toledo (3 star)
    4 Western Michigan (1 star)
    5 Central Michigan (2 star)
    6 Eastern Michigan (1 star)
    EAST
    1 Bowling Green (2 star)
    2 Akron (2 star)
    3 Kent State (1 star)
    4 Miami University (2 star)
    5 Ohio (2 star)
    6 Temple (1 star)
    7 Buffalo (1 star)

USA
    WEST
    1 Tulsa (2 star)
    2 Houston (2 star)
    3 UTEP (2 star)
    4 Rice (2 star)
    5 SMU (1 star)
    6 Tulane (2 star)
    EAST
    1 ECU (3 star)
    2 Marshall (3 star)
    3 Southern Miss (3 star)
    4 Memphis (3 star)
    5 UAB (1 star)
    6 UCF (3 star)

Position Changes
    QB: No Restrictions

RB: No Restrictions

FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90

WR: No restrictions

TE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90

OL: No restrictions

DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs

DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90

OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92

MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92

DB: No restrictions

RET: Restricted
    Speed Restriction < 93

We can change these restrictions.... let me know.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I really don't think we have to worry about the speed restrictions for the positions. Just from playing the demo, speed is definitely not going to be the be all end all this season.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah we will figure out the speed thing as we go. Like Diggin' said, they are flexible. If you have a good arguement, I'm sure everyone will be open-minded about it.

With that being said, the demo really shouldn't be anything we base any sort of rules off of.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I certainly agree, but you also have to take into account that guys like Percy Harvin with his ridiculous 99 speed still aren't retarded fast in the demo as I played a game on Heisman against Florida and he was returning a kickoff and while he did take it all the way, it was a fault of my own missed tackle combined with him being able to break away toward the end of the return to where my guys couldn't catch him, just like it would be in real life, which was DEFINITELY pleasing to see.

I think they've finally got it to where the intangibles of route running, jumping, catching in traffic, and such have finally become more important and will be something that recruiters will pay more attention to than speed.

But, I'm just throwing out the suggestion. I have no problem with the limitations (besides possibly not getting to put a HB at FB but that's not a huge issue since there are in game formation subs where you can have twin HBs and the like).

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I agree speed won't be a big issue..

lol, percy harvin went pro..so I doubt it was him..but im sure it was someone fast so it doesnt matter..the gators are rediculous

I'm sure the restrictions will change a little bit but ..im jus sayin Dwyer for GT is 92 spd..although, the chances of you recruiting someone that fast are slim...and I wouldn't change a HB to FB unless they were too slow for HB (86 spd) and really big..so that wont effect me.

I can see legit TE's having 90+ speed so we will see if that is a factor...

but all in all...I can still be successful with out spd at those possession, and I'd rather be. So I have no problem with the rules or anything

6. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I think you should be able to switch SS to OLB. Most of my Safeties were like 6'4 220, I like big men in the backfield. If you recruit one guy and say he is 6'4 225 as a Safety and you need an OLB, put him there. If not, keep him in his poisition.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Sweet, if you read, that is exactly what we are talking about. The position changes will allow you to switch guys around that are capable of playing another position.

I'm not sure what game you are playing, but I maybe saw one safety that was 6'4'' 220.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that these are rules from '09 and stuff is likely to be a bit different. Also keep in mind that these rules are proven and work, and most are there for a reason (especially the position changes). If you recruited a SS that had A spd and was 6'1'' and 200 lbs, he couldn't play LB in 09 because it was too much of an advantage. We'll have to see how it plays out for '10.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I guess I misunderstood that..

If you recruit a TE and he doesnt follow those guidelines..it is okay
    those regulations are only for changing a players position.

I 100% agree..people know if they are creating an advantage ..dont be a jackass

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Are we not going to limit the number of 5 star players you can go after or anything like that?

Even with a prestige of 2 or 3, if you're in a hotbed like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, California, or Florida, the likelihood of a 5 star player wanting to come to your school are still pretty dang high (especially if it's for playing time).

Might want to think about limiting it to something like as many 5 star players as your prestige and twice as many 4 star players as your prestige or somethin' like that.

So, for example, a 3 star team would be able to get, max:

Three 5 star players
    Six 4 star players

2 star team would be able to get, max:

Two 5 star players
    Four 4 star players

1 star team would be able to get, max:

One 5 star player
    Two 4 star players

Yes I know we all start as 3 star prestige teams, but the guys that are able to pull out a solid season and make a bowl game will likely go up a prestige point and if someone happens to play poorly enough to where they don't win but a game or two, they're prestige has a good chance of going down.

Definitely seems to me to be something to think about, especially 3 or 4 seasons from this first one when it could mean that guys have 5 and 6 prestige schools fighting over the best recruits in the nation. Wouldn't want a Florida St all over again being able to pull in 7+ 5 star recruits every season just because of their location or somethin'.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Well this year recruiting is supposed to be far more geared towards a team's prestige than it previously has been (location was obviously the biggest pull in previous years). It's something that we are going to have to see as all of the leagues under TF advance and we learn together. It probably won't matter starting out what we limit, because we are all going to not have anyone interested, lol.

They said that they have made adjustments and I'm excited to see the changes.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, right now I don't think we need limitations..

recruiting should be "fixed"..no more 4.18 guys..all that

plus it is going to be even harder...competitive recruiting..(don't try and get my guy, I will come after you for years..EVEN IF I DON'T NEED THAT RECRUIT :) )

12. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Alright guys... how do you all feel about starting the first season without any restrictions at all. After season 1, we will be able to iron out any issues that may result from unfair recruiting or position changes.

How does everyone feel about starting the first season comletely new? No recruiting limitations, no position changes. Lets try and start off by working on the honor system and then go from there.
    Cool?

13. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Cool.
    We could also have one star player on your team, you know the captain, the king of the campus.

For instance say I have a RB and he is the star. He will have OVR 97-99 with great ATT's and he will carry the team on his shoulders alone. Because he is a RB you have to have a solid ground game, not just pass.

SPEED-97
    BT-88

Stated out like that.
    Any ideas to this?

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Sounds good to me.

15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I think weight and speed restrictions on QBs and TEs should still be implemented.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    TE seems to be the most abused, so I'de like to keep that one. But I think we should have one year to clean house with chumps on the roster.

17. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

TE was the one that always bothered me the most...

Right now I think our best shot at this would be to use a restriction on TE's and leave everythign else. There is nothign worse than a 5'11, 185lb TE that has more catches than any reciever on the field...

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's a really good idea man..

Obviously for position changes we would have to report what we did and as a group decide if that was cheese or what not..but Im sure we wont have any problems

That's a pretty cool idea too but not 99 overall..

85 to 90 overall could get the job done

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

(shrugs) We're pretty much guaranteed to have someone like that already. Pretty much all of the teams listed have a guy around that overall level somewhere.