Rules changes for Season 2 - EVERYONE READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Rules changes for Season 2 - EVERYONE READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE

The following changes will be in place for season 2:

1. Pass commit is banned, including use of 'key WR'. Any strategy points incurred for 'play the pass' will be an indication that a user is not complying with this rule.
    2. Use of 'aggressive' gameplan settings is banned, both on offense and defense. The offensive ones are nearly impossible to note, so everyone will have to be on the honor system there. Use of 'conservative' settings will still be allowed.

For now, we will leave the sliders as is.

Edit 3/8 - The following additional rules are going to be added to season 2 (based on conversation I've seen around the site and discussions I've had with other commissioners):
    1. DL play - If a user controls any DL (DT or DE) they must engage an opposing OL on every play. 'Looping' or using turbo to run around blockers is not sim and will not be tolerated. Additionally, moving a DL off the line of scrimmage pre-snap or more than one 'step' outside the starting position is a blatant attempt to take advantage of poor OL AI and will not be tolerated.
    2. Recruiting restrictions - Teams can recruit one 5 star recruit and two 4 star recruits for every star they have as a program that season (ie - a 5 star team may recruit five 5 star recruits and ten 4 star recruits in a season).
    3. Use of Ace formation speed option - using this play more than occassionally will not be allowed. It is well known that running speed option from ace and keeping with the QB between center and guard is an automatic 3-4 yard gain due to poor defensive AI. It can be used occassionally, but should not be anyone's 'go to' play. Using the play as intended (stretching out the defense and looking to cut up outside the tackle or pitch to the HB) is fine, using it with the intent of cutting right inside the G for 3 yards is not.

2. Dru50

Based on the discussion in the other thread, see the first post for the rule changes in season 2. Everyone please read and acknowledge here.

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Coach Vredesbyrd

Read and Agreed

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

got it padre

5. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Sounds good, I like those changes.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

sounds good

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Aye aye captain

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

sounds good

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

sounds good to me

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

agree and you can tell if they are using it (aggressive) on offense

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

got it yo

12. Dru50

Just so I know, how can you tell if they are using aggressive on offense (for the offensive line blocking as an example)?

13. Dru50

All - note that 3 new items have been added for rules for next year, mainly due to issues I've seen in other OD's and discussions on the site or with other commishes I've had.

If you have any questions or concerns, please pm me.

Thanks.

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Big Play +8 (aggressive offense) and I think there are a few others. We shouldn't have any strategy points at the end of the game unless we execute the plays that we setup +8.

15. Dru50

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I agree that with the new rules the only strategy points anyone should get relate to setting up a play.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Cant you get strategy points from loosening zone coverage?

17. Dru50

Eagles and Hokie, neither of you have signed off that you have read and agreed to the rule changes. Please do so ASAP.