Rules chat

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by jay2149, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

i like that none of that read option shit

2. GDip

GDip Walk On

i'd imagine we can't really ban or even limit the read option, but i guess that would be a group decision

3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I don't mind it with teams that run it, but don't expect me to ever come out of dime or dime flat and send corners if your going to run silly gimmick offense that exploits lesser talent in college ranks.

4. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

running it is like blitzing heavy so its a give or take type thing

5. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

It's more of a principle thhing for me I guess....why prep a QB to be a glorified HB because defenses are slower in college. It defeats any chances of being a pro for that student (of course they're exceptions, but for every RG3 they're are 5 Eric Crouch's)

6. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Can't ban the read-option... it's too much of a big part of the college game now days.

I use a spread-pass first offense in NCAA myself, but I can't sign off on trying to limit the option game.

7. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Cant limit the option in my opinion...will need to trust guys...I will line up and attempt to pound the rock utilizing the triple option at times

8. GDip

GDip Walk On

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

You can't limit or ban something that encompasses the primary focus of entire teams, such as spread option teams like Oregon or triple option teams like Air Force and Georgia Tech. Same reason you can't really enforce a balanced offense in college, because teams like Houston and Texas Tech run Air Raids, which utilizes shallow routes as it's primary "run game". Honestly you're going to have a hard time limiting a lot of things in the college game, since so many different styles of offense are considered viable at the collegiate level.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Can't really say it better than this^