Rules Clarification

Discussion in 'Freshmen Phenoms' started by SPL22, Jul 17, 2013.

1. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

Was reading through the rules and I wanted to clarify a few things to make sure that I do not make any mistakes.

"ScholarshipsThe amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft with aforementioned rules. So underclassmen that are 90+ and have won an award.
    C = 70 - number of players on your roster
    D = 1 additional scholarship

A + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships.

Example: 18 graduating seniors + 1 junior leaving early + 0 extra roster space + 1 scholarship = 20 available scholarships.
    Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit."

In regards to the scholarships, say I have projected 20 opennings, I should not use the method of large net and offer all 35 on my list because we cannot pull offers? There is also no SEC method of 1 year scholarships and process players?

"
    • TE cannot be moved to WR with audible"

I will sometimes run a double tight set and run the ball from that formation and if the team walks a saftey in the box, I will change to a play that is a 3 WR set and my TE will flex out. I don't think in college it is uncommon for a TE to play a slot or x or z spot. You saw it at ND with Eifert and Stanford did it a bunch with Ertz where they would play on the outside. You also had Iowa do it with Dallas Clark some years ago. So with this rule, I should make sure that I have an audible to switch to a pass in a double tight set?

"Hurry-Up Offense
    • Must be used from the first play of a drive until the drive ends.
    • Can not be continued after an incomplete pass or a play that netted negative yardage. Once the drive continues, the no-huddle must be resumed"

I just started to get into the "hurry up" offense. What I did last night with success was run a hurry up offense between the 20s and then when I get into the redzone maybe switch to a package that would utilize the shortness of the field. For example, I was 1st and 10 from their 35, I run a screen pass to my rb and we get down to the 9. At that point I wanted to change my personal grouping from a 3WR, 1RB, 1 TE set to a 2TE, 2WR and 1 RB set to get a little more size and length on the short field. Is that something that will not be allowed?

"
    • All teams may sign up to 2 :5stars: players"

I have a few 5 stars with either top or top 3 interest in FSU. This goes back to my original concern over scholarship spots. Obviously I would like to cast a wide net to see who I can bring in but lets say I get 2 5 stars commit and I have an offer out there for another, is there a way for me to pull the offer so I am not breaking this rule?
    Thanks in advance and sorry if these are "newb" like questions because in reality I am new to this on-line type stuff and I do not want to make a mistake.

2. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

As far as the recruiting, if you sign two 5 stars and have another one on your list you could pull all points from him, I guarantee you won't sign him after that!

Also, I read somewhere that if we win the conference we get to sign an additional 5 star! And another if we win the National Championship! I believe it also said that those numbers would then carry over to the following season as well

3. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

yeah i asked about the TE rule too. It seems unrealistic to enforce this rule. For TEs, versatility is an asset; its not cheating the AI of a video game. Your telling me TEs cannot play slot WR or audible to a run/block position? I think this part of the strategy in recruiting and offensive planning for the TE. To me, it seems like this rule goes against what TSO is trying to encourage: football strategy over video game glitches.

4. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

You may offer all of your scholarships if you want to, but to revoke a scholarship just remove that player from your recruiting board. When you get close to your limit, you should probably start revoking the guys you dont want to land.

For the no huddle, I am STRONGLY considering changing the rule to allowing the no huddle only in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and when losing in the 4th. In previous years, the game would misalign defenders during the no huddle and players would go uncovered which was the games fault. On TSO we try to beat the player, not the game, and by abusing no huddle you are beating the game. I dont know if that is the case this year because i haven't had enough time to try out the no huddle yet.

5. Brandon S.

You may align them in the slot but not outside because that would put a WR to be covered by a LB, which is a fault in the game. As long as they are not on the outside then it is completely acceptable.

6. Brandon S.

7. GDip

GDip Walk On

just a suggestion, but in my league we discussed this pretty heavily and decided that if you're going to use the no huddle you must run it from the beginning of a drive to the end. only stopping on a loss of yards play or incomplete pass. but then must resume the no huddle. This minimizes the, 'only using it to take advantage of AI' issues that may come up

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brandon S.

That was the original rule, as is in a few dynasties on this site. However, using it that frequently increases the chances of the AI screwing up. If its realistic and sim i dont mind. No Huddle is a part of college football.

9. Brandon S.

When i first went to play my Week 1 game, it froze on the loading screen. Im glad this happened because i can show you guys how to handle that situation. Simply take a picture and post it in the game summaries thread explaining what happened. However i will post it here as an example.

IMG_20130718_144421.jpg

As you can see it was stuck on the loading screen prior to the game starting. It happens, and as long as you can prove it i am perfectly ok with it.

GDip
    -Cougars-
    TN_Mike
    D.Earl
    SPL22
    Patster7
    Memphis Blue
    Cole Springer
    NiceToMeetJew
    LB Fitted
    Da Rat

10. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

And the second restart?

11. GDip

GDip Walk On

i'm pretty sure when it says 'restarted 2 times' that just means started 2 times

12. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

ah i see

13. Brandon S.

Yeah it was only 2 starts. But i told everyone in the GroupMe app as soon as it happened anyways.

14. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

yeah sorry i thought "2 restarts" meant you restarted twice.