RULES COMMITTEE DISCUSSION - Cap hit

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 2, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

RULES COMMITTEE DISCUSSION - Cap hit

I personally think this is NOT confusing and will force teams to keep players they go crazy bidding on.

I have no problem with even going through and giving a higher cap number to the teams top 3 super stars (rated 95+). EX brees is a 97 next year, his cap figure would be 15 points, but if he is one of the saints top 3 super stars his overall calls for a 15, but he gets a 25 because he's one of my top 3 super stars.

We could even say the top 3 rated players for each team get a 10 point boost for being on that team as a super star, on top of their overall rating.

thoughts on this system and my idea?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Only downside to this would be it may hurt the teams with the star players that are low rated. I havent looked at the rosters so i may be wrong.

How about this, comprise a list of the top 75-100 players in Madden and they all get cap boost no matter which team they fall on.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Going through and figuring out the top 100 players every year would be too much work IMO. I say let's go with Nate's idea....with two caveats....these 'top' players have to be rated 85+ OVR and no kickers or punters involved. If one of a teams top players is under 85ovr, then no point boost is required.

How long does this point boost stay in effect?

4. Jeremy

Thats a great medium Dunlap.

I say they stay in effect until they fall out of the 85+ overall

5. Jeremy

what about point hits for players with 90+ speed and 90+ trucking or break tackle.

we have seen lots of low ovr cpu generated rookies with these stats DOMINATE in the game.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Not going to happen with the new locomotion system. I think Frisk can attest, if you have played the NCAA demo, speed seems almost completely neutralized to a realistic level.

7. natedawg212000

Ok, it doesn't matter if they are rated 69, if they are the teams best player then they should receive a boost. They should have it every year we re-do the contracts for those top players on each team. get it? let's figure this out, I think its a great idea.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I too think its an awesome idea.

I'm going to agree with Jeremy tho in that the best players on the worst teams probably don't deserve the boost, but I'd rather have it for everybody than nothing.

9. natedawg212000

What if we put a top 10 list together that is laddered, exactly like we do for draft picks, and also a overall to that. So something like this.
    Top 3 players if they are rated 93-99 get a 10 point boost.
    Next 3 players if they are rated 87-99 get a 7 point boost.
    Next 3 players if they are rated 81-99 get a 4 point boost.

These players now carry their boost forever, that is their cap number (exactly like draft picks in 1st round are done).

I think if you do this at the beginning, it will increase the cap, have cap hits that are pretty large for stud players on teams, and coupled with new trade rules and the new rookie laddered pay out system, this would mean for a better way of keeping teams from just dropping and trading everyone.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Okay....I know Jeremy said we need to make the rules as simple as possible....but I like it if we can get it as simple as possible.

What happens if I only have 1 player rated 90-99. What happens with my #2 and #3 rated players?

How about we put cap hits on your top 5 players regardless.
    90-99: 10 points
    80-89: 5 points

We don't need to go any further than that as all teams will have five players rated 80+....so this keeps it as simple as possible.

11. natedawg212000

If the team thinks mine is too confusing, i'd be fine with that. simple is better.

12. Jeremy

I am really not sure what this accomplishes. IMO, its too many numbers and adds another element we have to keep track of.

On 90% of teams the top 3 players will be in the 90s or high 80s. Why not just raise the cap hit for those players across the board.

95+ are now a 18-20pt cap hit
    90-94 are now 13-15pt cap hit
    85-89 are now 10-12pt cap hit

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Unfortunately Jeremy that won't solve anything as that would just lead to inflation of our team salary cap limit across the board.

I'm with Nate, if we want to limit movement of the top players on the league then the we need a 'bonus' cap hit for the top players on each team.

In fact, we can create a column in the cap book for 'Bonus' and add in the numbers there. Fairly straighforward, I don't think its too confusing at all really. Easily trackable in the cap book.

14. natedawg212000

Like Dunlap said, that won't fix anything. If you keep it the same as is, and just put a 'bonus' on the top players, and we can use Dunlaps option, then you now give penalties for trading those players. If you just raises their cap numbers, there's no penalty for trading that player.

So are we good with Dunlaps suggestion?

15. Jeremy

10-4. Roger that. Moi Bons.

16. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I like Dunlaps idea it seems like it will be the easiest way.

17. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Dont really like the boost thing, but don't really have a better idea.