RULES COMMITTEE DISCUSSION - During Season FA's

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 2, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

RULES COMMITTEE DISCUSSION - During Season FA's

simple, easy to understand, nothing to change imo. let's discuss.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Only tweak I would suggest would be for players that have been on FA market for extended period of time.

If a FA has been available for more that 3 weeks with no activity an owner can PROPERLY bid on the player and sign him to roster immediately. We have owners in weeks 10-16 still waiting the 24hr period for a player that has been sitting on the market for the entire year.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

How about AFTER the trade deadline we go with Jeremy's rule.

4. natedawg212000

I don't like it at all, but thats why we have a committee, if you sign a regular guy off the streets, its gonna take at least 24 hours to get them in and contract signed. I don't see it being that big of a deal.

It's not that big of a deal, let's get the rest of the input.

5. Jeremy

We just push our guys to get games in. If we are going to speed up the game process, we need to speed up some other things also.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Those are both really good points. I wouldnt like it if the Texans signed 4 guys off the street 5 minutes before my game with them.....

However, we do push our owners to get their games in as fast as possible.

Hmmmmm.....I could go either way on this. I guess if I had to choose here I would say leave it as is. If owners are now checking the boards on a daily basis and being proactive with their rosters and teams then it shouldnt be that big of an issue. So I guess my vote is to leave the rule as is....but like I said this is almost a push for me.

7. natedawg212000

That's fine if they want to get their games in as fast as possible, but we shouldn't give players the option of dragging their feet on team management. I just see it opening all kinds of nasty doors, but let's get frisk and the other guys in here that are on the rules committee to vote.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

OK. For my reasons above, I vote to stay the same.

9. Jeremy

I guess you guys are right. It does open lots of doors for owners to just revamp their rosters for one game.

The reason I wanted to put this in was last year in playoffs my FB got hurt for 2 games.
    I had to play the next playoff game the next day and I had no time to sign a replacement so I had to platoon my TE back there.

Can we put in an exception for the playoffs and/or waive the waiting period if they are signing the player to replace an injured player?

10. natedawg212000

I am fine with whatever you guys think, as long as there's wording to avoid giving teams the option of just doing some crazy things with their roster the night before their game. This may not happen, I just dont want to open a door. I am for whatever wording. The more I think about it the more I am ok with saying after week 13 or whatever week that you can just sign and post for a player. There must be wording that punishes guys who do not post.

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I vote stay the same. I am fine with waiving the 24hr period for the playoffs though. If we wanted to change it though, a way to limit crazy signings right before a game would be to say only one FA signing every 24hrs after the trade deadline.

12. natedawg212000

That's a good idea Wajo

13. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I like that Idea Wajo