RULES COMMITTEE DISCUSSION - player positions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 2, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

RULES COMMITTEE DISCUSSION - player positions

This is something that needs to be made sure it's followed more. I personally don't like OLB's playing DE with no speed or age restrictions, but it is what it is.

Let's make sure there are no major changes that we want to make.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I thinks LBs at DE is Ok up to a point. Not every down and only in certain packages.

Passing downs,when swapping from 3-4 to 4-3

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think Everyone should play their position.

No OLB at DE, No SS at LB, No HB at FB or WR.

I am tried of seeing guys put CJ at FB and running PA pass to FB. cough, cough

4. Jeremy

To me DE-LB is apples to oranges from HB-FB.

I dont think they should fall under same rule

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think the HB at FB swap should be COMPLETELY outlawed! I mean completely. It's just unrealistic, even if it is a formation sub in game. Just because its in the game doesnt mean its good.

I think 3-4 style OLB's should be allowed to swap to DE. We see it in the NFL a lot, and with the new locomotion system the speed factor will be minimized.

6. Jeremy

I agree with Dunlap up to a point. How about a limit on the SPD for a guy to be put at FB.

7. natedawg212000

Well I'll admit, when I seen Merriman at DE I wanted to quit right that moment. IMO, I am more with frisk, I think players should play their positions and nothing more.

Let's keep discussing.

It looks like the HB/FB rule is agreed upon, we need to outlaw.

8. Jeremy

Im cool with it..Owners will just have to find players that fit that needed position.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well I want to quit when I see 50 ovr players all over the Saints and Eagles defense.....makes me literally sick to my stomach that kind of stuff succeeds.

I was just playing within a rules, in that I saw 49ers, raiders, Pats, and Colts doing the same thing with OLB's....

However I would be completely fine if we stop doing that alltogether! :) How about this....LB's can play and LB position, and DLineman can play any DLine position, and safeties are interchangeable. With this rule a DE at DT would be OK (thats realistic) but a CB at SS would not be allowed (that's unrealistic!).

If we are going to change this, then lets do it like that. No reason not to allow 3-4 style OLBs not to play DE, but allow fast small little CBs to play SS....thats unrealistic and makes me sick too :)

10. natedawg212000

I totally agree, but my players are stupid and force me to control them. Your 50 ov players 'all over the field' isn't true, I've got one low rated guy and I control him cause he's stupid which is why his overall is so low.

I am fine with SS/FS swaps, I am fine with FB/TE swaps, I am fine with OLINE swaps, I am fine with DLINE swaps, I'd even be fine with putting a restriction on CB to FS/SS swap, such as 32+ years old with 88 sp or less.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok. I like that rule, exactly how you just put it. Frisk and I actually had that convo about Merriman last offseason and I just did it because it was being allowed on a lot of my rival teams :) I'll be glad when we can't do that in madden 11. I'm asuming this is all for Madden 11 correct? Its too late in the game to force everybody to fix all of this during the current season.

12. Jeremy

OK, so are we allowing LB at DE?

I think we should allow CB-FS with no restrictions.

Nate, if Sharper hadnt re-signed you would probably be playing Jenkins at FS anyways. I dont see a problem doing that.
    Now I do see a problem with CB-SS. That almost should never happen. A SS is more like a LB than a CB.

13. Emmdotfrisk

I think we should reserve judgement of this rule until we play 2011 for a couple weeks.....

14. natedawg212000

I disagree Frisk, if we get madden 11 and see it needs to be adjusted we can, but they have said times over again that the game is untouched online.

I don't see a big deal in making adjustments right now for the tourney and for madden 11, and if the game is totally different then re-looking at it at that time.

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

If we aren't allowing 3-4 style OLBs to play DE, then we shouldn't allow CBs to play FS or SS. Kind of the same issues....

I don't think its fair we allow one but not the other. Either allow it or don't. I say we don't and we say LBs only play LB and only safteties can play FS or SS. Lineman can play anywhere on the line. HB can ONLY play at HB (no FB). This is what I reccommend.

I'll be dissappointed if we say Merriman can't play a 4-3 DE but we alloe some 99 speed corner to play FS.....would be uncool.

16. Emmdotfrisk

I haven't heard anywhere the game was untouched, in fact the opposite. Just by looking at videos I can tell the game will be completely different than 2010. I just think we shouldn't change any rules until we start 2011.... But then again I also think the world cup tourney should be for 2011 not 2010.

17. Jeremy

What would you have us fill the next month with Frisk?

18. natedawg212000

ya, there's no way we can take a month off. I have no problem with doing it twice, once to finish out 2k10 and once to get ready for 2k11.

19. Emmdotfrisk

I just don't want anyone to get madden burnout by playing
    365 days a year. But if u guys think it's best than I'm on board.

20. Emmdotfrisk

NCAA and madden 2011 demo!

21. natedawg212000

every league i've seen do that dies. i've never seen it successful and the OMFL has never, in the past, taken a break. I only see a break as harming things.

22. Emmdotfrisk

Alright ur the boss.

23. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Sorry guys I have been trying to get in here for a couple days but I was locked out. I agree with Dunlap and Jeremy on the OLB at DE, I think it is fine in certain packages but every down is no bueno. We see it all the time in the NFL especially in passing situations where a team is going to have thier four best pass rushers on the line. Also you do see alot of teams in real life run 2 HB in certain packages but never every down, and that position swap is a definite exploit if done all the time so Im down if everyone else wants to completely ban it. Im on board definitely for the CB/SS and SS/LB ban.

24. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I only read the last page of post on this. Nate is right even though I would enjoy a month off it could potentially break up the league. I like the Idea of having the world cup tourney be for 2011 but then what do we do until then. As far as LBs playing DE and CB's playing FS, IMO a DE should only play LE or RE, a LB should only play a LB position. a CB a CB, RB at RB, in some instances yes the NFL may do it sometimes but for the madden league it should just not be allowed. You can tell me what you will, some players in real life can be converted to other positions but in madden it's too much of a fine line and some people will just put certain players in a position to get an advantage.

25. natedawg212000

No one stated that they were 'for' a 'application' type process. I am all for doing something like that.