rules Committee Vote - Addition to Defensive Play Calling

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 19, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

rules Committee Vote - Addition to Defensive Play Calling

Vote, tweak, ect

2. natedawg212000

I like it. I think we should add that if its a one time mistake then thats fine, but not over and over and over. Sometimes people pick the D before the O.

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I like this rule. Players need to know that it is up to them to call out someone who isn't following this rule and then it is up to that player to adapt and not do it again. If people are going to start complaining that they picked their d first then maybe the D should wait until the offense picks so you don't break the rule.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Of course I like this rule because it preaches realism but let's be honest. Nobody will count every play and see how many are on the other side of the ball. This can be more of a guideline which basically states this is how real football works, if someone is continually abusing this refer them to this guideline for disciplinary action.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like it

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

How about stating the rule like this:

"As a guideline you should only have 1 xtra DB on the field unless 3rd and long. So if Offense has 2 WR u may have nickel, if offense has 3 wr's than you may have dime/quarter. (If your picking your defense before the offense and this is causing you to break this rule, then please wait for the offense to pick their play before picking yours.) "

7. natedawg212000

sounds good.

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

This rule has been passed and will be added to the rulebook. FINAL DECISION.