Rules Committee Vote - Addition to Dline movement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 19, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Rules Committee Vote - Addition to Dline movement

I ended up re-reading and understand what he's saying. I like the whole rule.

vote, tweak, ect.

2. natedawg212000

I vote yes on this. I like that it gets more specific. We seem to have issues with guys doing things with crazy de's.

I also don't mind adding that you may not drop a DE into coverage unless up big. You must always have at least 3 people rushing the qb.

Thats my addition.

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I vote yes to rule as is

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

definitely yes. I cannot stand guys who control the DE and move them out a few steps so they can blow past the OL. They might argue that its sim because it happens in real life. That is true it does happen in real life, but the AI blockin is so flawed that an OL wont recognize a player outside of their threshold.

Here is an example. Think of it that every OL has a halo around them. When a defensive player crosses within their radius an animation is triggered and the OL reacts. Now if a DE moves out a step and "loops" outside of the radius the OL acts as if the defensive player is not even there. the OL doesn't have blocking logic and vision like a real human being, basically just an assignment and a blocking radius.

When guys try and argue this with me this is the argument that i bring up to shut them up!

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like it.

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

What do you guys want to do on this. Should we add in the part Nate suggested about not dropping your DE into coverage. I think we should allow people to drop him in coverage aslong as long as theres still the 3 people rushing the QB.

7. natedawg212000

add the 3 people rushing rule. I just dont think a DE should be dropping back 5 times a game. thats not mixing it up.

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree. I just want to be able to drop him to cover the quick slant to the slot WR, if I feel thats whats coming. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

9. natedawg212000

i just think its starting to get abused and something needs to be done. de's dont cover wrs in the NFL more than a play or two.

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

maybe we just limit the amount of times DE's should be manually dropping in to coverage.

11. natedawg212000

bump... no decision on this...