Rules Committee Vote - Disconnects

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 1, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Rules Committee Vote - Disconnects

This is the new suggestions as combined by several board members:
    please vote or adjust

2. natedawg212000

we need some votes here. I know Claven is away, but he said he would have access to the forums. Let's get this decided.

Dunlap I'd like you to vote for Claven since he seems to be MIA while traveling.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

1st Quarter
    -Game will ALWAYS be replayed.

2nd Quarter
    -If one team is up by MORE THAN 35 points the winning team can choose from replaying against the CPU or the human. Even if winning team is cause of Disconnect?
    -If this is the third time or more the disconnect happened with the same team ahead then that team can choose to replay against the CPU.Even if winning team is cause of Disconnect?

3rd Quarter
    -If inside 2 mins in 3rd qtr restart game and play 1st qtr like its 4th carrying over the games score.
    - If outside of 2 min in the 3rd qtr restart the game and play a half carrying over scores. Winning team finishes vs cpu.
    -If this is the third time or more the disconnect happened with the same team ahead then tat team can choose to replay against the CPU.

4th Quarter
    -Outside of two minutes restart game and play 1st qtr like 4th. Inside of two minutes, if more than 10 pts replay vs CPU and if under 10 pts, restart game and play 1st qtr like 4th qtr. What if, I am down 12pts.I have ball at 5yd line about to score with 1:55secs left and opponent loses connection.?

I suggest making the inside two minute score be 17 or more. Basically if down 3 scores or more and disconnect happens inside 2 minutes,winning team finishes vs CPU if possible or replay vs CPU.

I would also suggest encouraging our owners to restart the game no matter of score or situtation. Or at least give them option to restart no matter of score.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let's hammer this out some more....I'm with Jeremy here it needs some fine tuning. However I see a D/C as a completely separate issue from a QUIT.

Any QUITS in my issue should result in the other team playing the CPU. End of story.

Its fairly easy to prove its not a QUIT...if you get booted just snap a quit shot with your phone or something of the screen and post it.

This is a grey area we need to clear up IMO.

5. natedawg212000

I agree with you guys, problem is i don't think its as 'easy' to prove. I don't think a owner who is up by 35 would 'quit' a game, and if he's booted, the game was over any ways.

Let's hash out some details then. I like the 17 point (3 score) rule. what else do we need to do to tweak this more?

6. Jeremy

We will not be able to differentiate the differences between quits and disconnects or boots. Correct me if Im wrong but if I am booted or I quit a game my opponent gets same message. What we can do is just keep an updated list of owners who have had multiple boots or disconnects and if it becomes a constant routine for an owner proper action can be taken.

I vote to go with as written in Nates first post but with the amended 4th qtr-Inside 2 minutes-3 scores or more rule.

7. natedawg212000

I totally agree with Jeremy on this. Dunlap, thoughts?

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

From my understanding if I quit you would get the option to continue vs. the CPU. Any server issues (or DC's) and it boots both people and neither are allowed to continue. This is how it has happened to me every time.

Basically if it gives you the option to continue vs. the CPU I believe that means the other guy quit....almost 100% sure on that.

What I am worried about is if we don't differentiate....what is to keep some people from abusing our rules...say if I'm down by 14 with the ball with :49 secs to go...I just pull the plug. Under our rules that would mean that the 'QUIT' is treated the same as if it was a disconnect so I would get to restart the '4th quarter' with the ball now (8:00 to play instead of:49 secs).

I know we are never going to have a perfect system...but just I'm just bringing these issues to the front now before somebody else does down the road.

I like your guys' system tho....

9. Jeremy

I have been booted by servers before and my opponent got option to continue vs CPU.

If we keep a very close eye on owners that are having multiple issues, I think that would almost eliminate any abusing of the system.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok. Then I vote YES to this.

11. natedawg212000

What if we say they 'restart' and play out the time. Say there is 49 seconds left and I am driving to tie or win and i get booted. We simply start a new game, I get the ball and work out a 'fair' time with my opponent to play to. Say we agree on 2 mins since I am starting back at my 20. So we play the first 2 mins of the game, winner finishes vs CPU.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

That sounds fair.

13. Jeremy

So would we be just using this as the universal rule for handling disconnects or boots??

IMO, I think having set written rules would serve us better. Leaving owners with the responsibility to agree with each other will leave to much to chance.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think he was just going to add that last part to the under two minutes in the fourth quarter....rest would stay the same.

15. Jeremy

ahh ok...I gots it now.

16. natedawg212000

so is this a go with the new changes?

17. Jeremy

Looks good to me

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

Same. Looks good.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oh, and one other thing I'll just throw in here...you need to delete our old Sub sticky and make a new one for our new system there as well so people don't get confused.

20. natedawg212000

yes sir. Ill unsticky it and let it fall

21. Jeremy

I will update this change into our google docs rule book and make a post about it in a bit.

22. Jeremy

Ok posted the new rule up.

I had to input some stuff on the fly, so take a look and we can make changes where necessary.

One issue is with how we can deal with coin toss with a game going into OT if they play 1,2 or 3 quarters with score carried over. Maybe home team always gets ball first in OT or we can use the new NFL OT playoff rules, first team to six points. But again we have issue with who would get ball first.

23. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ummm,

In your 3rd quarter rule, you say 28 points then the next line 35 points.....little confused there.

24. Jeremy

fixt......

25. natedawg212000

wait. i am confused by the coin toss issue. If its a carry over, whoever had the ball needs to get the ball.

Ahhh.. I c what you mean.

I guess if they play a 1st quarter like its 4th and then the 2nd quarter becomes OT then they probably should quit and start a new game, first to score.

yes? no?