Rules Committee Vote - Offseason Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 1, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Rules Committee Vote - Offseason Changes

This is a change to the way fa's are handled. Since we have time we will wait for claven to get back and not have dunlap take his place.

Here is what we are voting on:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like it.

We will have to come up with some kind of system to keep track of claims for each team. 5 claims x 32 teams= alot of claims floating around which of course means owners using more than the allowed amount.

3. natedawg212000

Maybe a sticky that is updated each day by a board member?

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

How about THEY have to post their claim numbers in their front office thread. Like this form. . .

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
    Claim 1- QB D. Brees
    Claim 2- WR S. Smith
    Claim 3- HB M. Jones-Drew
    Claim 4- open
    Claim 5- open

---------------------------------------------

They would be required to update their list EACH time they put a claim on a new player or take it off.

We would keep them on the honor system, BUT we would have board members randomly check a few... (kind of the same purpose as random drug testing...you don't test everybody but the threat of the test is there).

This way it takes the load of us a little bit but accomplishes the same thing.

5. natedawg212000

Well I think that's gonna get really confusing. What if we just done two things. First when they want to put a claim and there is no claim, they simply start a thread. Just like them putting a bid. 24 hours after teh start of that thread its closed. All teams interested will also post in that same thread that they are interested in placing a bid on that player.

The second part is I will have a sticky thread in the FA forum. After they put in a claim, they must post that players name in that thread. I will edit that thread (or a board member can) and simply put the players name (every player who a bid has been placed) and all teams interested. After a thread is closed on a player they then email me their bids (24 hours) and I will update that sticky as to what teams actually placed a bid. Then the player falls under this 3 team rule as to who wins the player.

follow me?

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yes....let's keep it as simple as can be while using the blind bidding system.

One question, how do we deal with your blind bids? Another board member take care of those players?

7. Jeremy

Nate, you will be overwhelmed with emails or PMs at the initial start of FA. Do you think you will be able to handle it?

Dunlap, I dont think I understand your question.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well, it wouldn't be fair really if nate is 'blind bidding' on his FAs while he has the ability to see all of the other peoples bids. Follow me?

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Also, isn't max emails on this server 50 emails...is that enough to do this or do you need people to email your regular address outside of tradition?

10. Jeremy

Good point Dunlap..

How about splitting the bids between Nate and someone else. All bids on defensive players go to Nate and all bids on Offensive players go to the other guy or vice versa.
    Any bids Nate is involved with go to other guy regardless of position and again vice versa.
    If both guys are involved in bidding on one player those bids can go to another designated board member and so forth down the line until one board member is not involved in bidding.

I would think that the bid guys will have to have outside emails.

11. natedawg212000

well honestly, i hope that i've built enough reputation to not be blamed for cheating. The email will be a real 'email'. probably my omfl_nate@yahoo.com. I could send all my bids to a board member so they can see i am not cheating. I am up for suggestions though.

12. natedawg212000

if we dont like blind bidding then we can shoot it down and go with something else. i was just trying to get a vote done on something.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

I love the blind bidding....and I am all for you doing your own bids. As you should know me by now, I am Mr. Loophole Finder, so I always like to bring up any issues that may arise early. Probably annoys some, lol....but hopefully it help nip any issues in the bud.

I vote YES to the current system you described. Im not worried about you taking your own bids.

If any problems arise or this proves to be too much for just Nate to handle, I'll volunteer my services.

14. Jeremy

If you think you will be able to handle all of the incoming bids, lets go with it as agreed upon and put it in ink.(y)

15. Jeremy

Is this finalized?
    I can put it into our rule book and make a post about it as soon as we 100% sure.

16. natedawg212000

yes it is! both of these new things need to be announced.

17. Jeremy

Is the new free agent claim system effective now or start of Year 3?

18. Jeremy

Another question, are we putting a time frame for owners to get their bids sent in once the claiming period is over?
    ie,12hrs,24hrs?

Only problem I see in going with 24 hrs is that it might extend our FA period a little bit.
    I dont know if 12hrs is enough time either. Maybe somewhere in the middle at 18hrs?

I will put 24hrs in the rules for now and we can change it if we think we need to.

19. Jeremy

I have updated google docs rule book and made a forum post. tried to put everything I could think of in there. I am sure I missed some things and maybe I can reword some things. Take a look and see where i can improve on the wording and such.

20. natedawg212000

I say this is ONLY in effect for offseason free agents. During the season there is hardly ever (if ever) a 'battle' between teams. No need to change the system from what it is now for 'in season' free agents.

I say 24 hours after the initial claim is added, that claim is closed and only teams who have posted can now bid. As soon as they put their claim in, their bids should be sent. This way when the claim is closed, the 1st round of bidding is in. We then can move to the top 3 or break ties. Whichever is needed.

21. natedawg212000

If it moves to top 3 (more than 3 teams placed a bid) or a tie breaker (two teams bid same amount) then they have 24 hours after being notified or fall out. If it moves to top 3, and only 1 team places a bid within time frame, they win player. If neither of those top 3 teams place a bid, then it moves to the 2nd tier of top 3 bidders and the same process repeats. So if they miss their 24 hour deadline then they are out of the running for that player.

22. Jeremy

Ok Nate, I will add that this is only for offseason free agency.

The 24 hr question I have is for the amount of time owners have to send their bids in to you AFTER the initial 24hr claiming period is over. Do they get another 24hrs to get bids sent in?

edit: I see what your saying.

23. Jeremy

Couple of things I see:

If two teams are in bidding and only one team sends in bid, do they wiin for bidded amount or minimum? Apply to teams being tied and only one sends in bid in 24hr window.

I dont think we can do this. When it is announced that a team did make it into the top 3 for rebids they will more than likely place that claim on another player. So, we couldnt go to them later and ask for rebids. It maybe would push them over the mx 5 claims or they might be actively in bidding on a replacement player for the one lost.

24. Jeremy

easy way to clear this up would be to force bid the minimum for any owner not sending in their bids. This way we would never have to back track to other owners and such for bids.

25. Jeremy

made some changes