Rules! Everyone read and sign off!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jun 29, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Rules! Everyone read and sign off!!!

D & K Dyansty

The D&K Dynasty is a SIM dynasty, meaning as close to the real thing as we can get. It is geared towards adults and members who have other things to do besides play xbox all day. We will advance every 3-4 days, with exceptions being granted for legitimate reasons. We will advance faster if the pace dictates we do so. The main objective is to have fun in a competitve, football minded atmosphere.

1. Difficulty-TBD
    2. Quarter Length-TBD(6 or 7 min)
    3. Sliders-TBD

Column 1
    Members
    Team1-lilmaggie- Maryland
    Team2-HovatheGod-Georgia
    Team3- beazus christ- Clemson
    Team4- txshrns- Tennessee
    Team5- xtincupx- Ole Miss
    Team6-Hokie Effect- Virginia Tech
    Team7-bfruchey- LSU
    Team8- jello1717-North Carolina
    Team9- GoGators- Florida
    Team10-DJ391- FSU
    Team11- killajo- Alabama
    Team12- Quagmire34- Miami

Rules
    These are the rules as best as I can make them at the present time. These are subject to be ammended after we play a few games and notice things about the game. First of all, act like adults, no whinning and bitching about other players on the board. If you have a problem then talk to me. I know most of you will play SIM all the way, but we will have a few new guys so we will have to make sure that they are the type players we want in the league. Absolutley no cheesing will be tolerated.

- Do not run up the score on the CPU, 70 points max. Take a knee if have to but don't score over 70. Hopefully with slider adjustment, we won't be able to score like that, but against some lesser team it is possible.
    -4th down = punt on your side of the field. Exception, 4th and 1, trailing in the 4th quarter. When on opponant's side of the 50, it's your call. Just keep it realistic.
    -if you gain a speed advantage by substitution, then it is illegal. In other words no hb's at FB, WR'S at TE, SS'S at LB, etc
    -No adibling down on defense, in other words calling a dime and then adible to a 4-3 to get safties @ LB or DE. The only time you can do this is when your opponent is running the hurry up. It is legal then.
    -No hurry up unless trailing in the second half. Or the last 2 min. of each half. In either case, NO hurry up after a dead ball. If the clock is stopped=then NO hurry up.
    -NO GOALLINE OFFENSE except inside your or your opponents 5 yard line.
    -You can only move 1 defensive player before the snap, and he has to be the player you are controlling at the snap.
    -All manual shifts are OK
    -You cannot move a defensive lineman off the line before the snap, nor can he be moved outside the offensive line
    -Scrambling or sprinting straight back with the QB is not allowed unless it is done to avoid a sack. NO sprinting as soon as the ball is snapped
    - No defensive keys(run left, run right, pass) keying on a particular player is ok.

-NO RESTARTS period. 3 of these and I will ask you to leave.
    1st restart: Top 3 players suspended for the next game.

2nd Restart: Top 3 players suspended for the next 2 games.

3rd restart: You will be relieved of your coaching duties.

After a restart, I will list your players suspended for the next game, it will be the 3 highest rated on your team.

-Disconnects: Games will disconnect from time to time for various reasons. It will be up to the players involved to figure out a resolution; with the choices being to either replay the game from the beginning or simulate for an obvious winner. If you cannot reach a resolution, contact the commish.
    -All Rules are subject to be ammended after the game releases
    -Please reply that you have read and agree to follow the rules.

Recruiting Rules
    Position Changes

Pos Notes
    QB: QB Only
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB: No restrictions

Scholarships

Recruiting Rules
    1. Any underclassman that is 95 or greater cannot be talked into staying.
    2. You are only allowed to sign (4) 5-star players.
    3. 73 players are the most you can have at any time, you will have to cut down to 70.

Recruting Violations-For each infraction of these rules, you will lose (2) 5 star recruits for the following season. Then after that, you will start to lose your 4-star recruits.

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that are 95 or better
    C = Three additional scholarships to provide a cushion.
    D = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't know if the admin would let me be in two dynasties on here ,but if so I'd be more than happy to jump into one more. I'm in T4 and another smaller one I do with my brother, and some old buddies in Ohio. 3 is my absolute limit and since you guys advance every three or four days I'd have all kinds of time.

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

lock-ups at end of game

I know in past NCAA games, there was a tendency for the game to freeze within the last couple seconds of a game how will this be handled? Sim?

And can you run goal line when going for it on 4th down and you only need a couple yards?

Just a couple questions and sorry if these have been mentioned somewhere else on the site.

I like the rules.

4. lilmaggie

No goal line. If the game plays different than last years, then we will make some rules adjustments.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I've heard the QB sneak is actually realistic because the QB tries to get low and get a yard. Much better than 09 when you could go for 8 yards.

6. BDSDIGITAL

You got me down for Miami right?

7. lilmaggie

Yes, Miami>

8. GoGators

are you going to split the teams up in the conferences? So 3 teams per division and 6 teams per conference.

9. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

Yes I have played in your dynasties in the past, good rules only one question though. What if I have noticed that for instance that you are passing out of an ace-big formation and want to call an audible because I am lined up in a run stop defense?

10. lilmaggie

I think that will be fine JRC. Only when you audibiling ina way that puts alot of fast players in positions that give you an advantage. We all know that speed is way to important in this game. Hopefully, it will be toned down some for NCAA 10.

11. BDSDIGITAL

Have we decided on any kind of recruiting guidelines?

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Read.........

13. lilmaggie

Still need some guys to read and sign these. PointShaver, Scrapiermann, king of the 843, vols qb, tin cup. I think that will be everyone.

14. PointShaver

PointShaver Guest

Looks good

15. GoGators

16. Ducemac

Ducemac Walk On

got it

-ducemac

17. tin cup

tin cup Walk On

Im ready........

18. lilmaggie

Rule changes.

I made somw changes to the recruiting rules. You can now talk any underclassman into staying. I also lifted the limit on speed for punt and kick returners. You can put whoever at PR/KR now.

19. lilmaggie

A lot of question coming at me about recruiting and rules. Let me say this: The fewer rules we can live with, the better off we will be. I am not sure how to police all the one we have. As far as players 95 or better, I think we should be allowed to try and talk them into staying, they are probably gonna leave anyway. So as for now, you can talk any underclassman into staying. If we need to tweek that rule later, we will.

20. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Sounds good to me

21. BDSDIGITAL

I'm pretty cofused. With all the back and forth and changing on the rules I'm not sure I know where we stand anymore. Can we get an updated, final rules page?

22. lilmaggie

The rules really haven't changed, just the recruiting rules. The lastest version is on the league description thread.

23. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ive read them

24. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Read and understood.

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I read and agree to the rules.

I have one question on QB position changes. Putting an Athelete at QB is ok right?