Rules for '12

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by dakota7, Mar 29, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I brought this up the other day, I think in the scores thread, but I thought we should discuss it a little further. How do you guys feel about having some recruiting restrictions for the next release? As we get into the later seasons, you guys all see how awful some of these cpu teams have gotten. We thought the revamped cpu recruiting logic would help and I think it did to a certain degree, but not enough IMO. Its not just the recruiting logic that the problem, it their player management skills (or lack of). They certainly don't make smart position changes or redshirt guys they should be. Bottom line is, we spent A LOT of time early in this OD trying to find sliders to make the games competitive and personally I'd like to avoid doing that again. I think limiting our recruiting not only makes our teams weaker, but it also makes the cpu teams stronger. We can go either with some type of incentive system or just make it the same across the board.

I also think we should have stiffer limits on who we can sway back. I don't think we should sway anyone who wants to go pro and maybe only freshmen who try to transfer.

Thoughts?

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

+1.. I'll add more thoughts when I get a chance later.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

IDK, I'm not a big fan of putting restrictions on these things. The only true way of having the CPU better is to take middle of the pack teams (3 and 4 star) which allows teams like the OSU's and Bama's to stay dominate. In T1 OSU has been cpu controlled and they are god-like because there are no powerhouse teams for them to compete against recruiting wise(until this season now that user teams are solid).

The bad teams are always going to be bad, and as long as there are 6* programs, the cpu teams are going to take the hits no matter what.

If you guys want to place a cap on the amount of 6* guys, I won't have an objection to that. I think 4 would be a good # if we do it at all.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im big time in favor of limiting 5 star recruits...just to easy for the big dogs to grab them all up, especially if the big dogs are user controlled.

Interesting idea on swaying players. I think maybe lowering it to 90 or above would do the trick. Ive had some guys try and leave that have solid years but a still only rated 80 and lower. These guys need to stay in school, IMO.

5. dakota7

Don't get me wrong, I hate the idea of limits also. Its just something I've been tossing around in my head for the past week or so. I realize that unless we user control Indiana or Vanderbilt, they will never be any good. I think the limits are more about our teams not getting so crazy good/deep.

Maybe instead of limiting who could be swayed, we limit it to how many you can sway, regardless of rating. Just an idea.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm completely against recruiting restrictions.....especially when we're only recruiting on all american. I'd go to heisman before you start placing caps on things.

I have enough stuff to keep track of in my daily life, the last thing I need is a book full of recruiting rules to keep up with.

• Like Like x 1
  7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Putting a 4 or 5 limit on 5 stars isnt going to cause you to lose sleep over calculating who you have on your recruiting boards. We did last year in the SE and we do it over in the Night Owls...no problems I can remember. The users still get most of the good recruits anyways. Just limits the amount. Nautica had like 13 five stars in the Bigs at one point I believe. Thats just insane!

8. AJ Hart MN

Heisman recruiting is where it's at.. It evens things out a bit. How come we've never done that here??

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Whats the difference? I've wondered. Does the CPU make smarter choices or does just give you less chances to change topics?

10. AJ Hart MN

I believe they make smarter decisions.. Not overly intelligent however and you can only change your topic once instead of twice. I say give it a shot..

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm generally against recruiting restrictions. But if you guys would like to see them I'm willing to enforce them. In last years game we had restrictions and things were no different between the users and the cpus than they are now. Implementing restrictions isn't going to effect the CPU player management logic either. We could compromise here though, maybe only allow teams to recruit like 8 5-star recruits? It's hard to even reach that number but it would keep the top top top teams from gobbling all of them up. I agree with Gators in that we should up recruiting to Heisman before implementing restrictions.

12. dakota7

I agree with you, keeping track of the restrictions is a pain in the ass. I've never been in favor of them in the past either. My fear about the heisman level is the unintended consequence, making it too difficult for the lower rated user programs. But I suppose next season would be a good time to try it out, seeing as recruiting next season really isn't going to be all that important (not sure how many more seasons we'll get played after next year)

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I vote for giving Heisman a shot starting next season or this offseason.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Done deal, might as well.

• Like Like x 1