Rules for next year

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

2. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Any of the settings you are talking about are fine by me.

4 star and under? I like the 4* and under especially since Ms. State is gonna be a 4* team this year. haha.

Custom playbooks okay? I think the custom play books are a must. That way you bring your best and I bring my best and settle it on the field.

Coaching carousel on? I'm not completely up to date on the carousel so I'm with whatever you guys think.

I would also like to vote to keep the quaters at 6 minutes. Doesnt seem to drag but you also dont feel rushed for some reason.

I think there will def. be some rules that have to be added when we see where the weak points are in the game (ie 10's quater run commit). And are we gonna stay with 4 user games at first or back to 2? I'm fine with either just asking.

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

1. Either two users per BCS conference or 3 conferences with 2 in each division. ex. Big 10- 2 leaders, 2 legends, Pac 12- 2 each division, SEC 2 each divison. Would make for a lot of work to get the conference championship.

2. Custom playbook are okay with me, as long as it isn't all money plays.

3. Would like to have Carousel on, and if it is we could start as a lower tier team in that league setup and then see how it shakes out later in they dynasty.

4. If we are allowed to create new rivalries, would love to have one with Jared. Other people like Cam and Rochalk could do that as well.

5. 4 star and under is perfect, not too good, but can still hold their own. I would even be okay with 3 star and under, but not a lot of people like to go any lower than that.

6. Agree with the 6 quarters, and would also like to find a tough set of sliders, so that we have fun, competitive games but not getting screwed like Heisman does. Would also like to keep the 4 user games going.

Really looking forward to this upcoming release

4. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

1. I agree with Tom, 2 users a conference or 2 users per division. I know some people like to go with really crappy teams in crappy conferences so the 2 users per division may not work.

2. Custom playbooks are 50/50 for me, I know our dynasty shouldn't have anyone put all money plays in their's so I'm alright with them.

3. I think the carousel would be fun to do. We should definitely try out the carousel and if it's a bust then I'm sure we can change it to only head coaches.

4. I would be fine with a rivalry with Tom because all of our games are less than 4 points and can go either way so it's always fun.

5. 4 star or less is perfect, especially since Iowa is remaining a 4 star :)

6. 6 min quarters or maybe 7 mins. No more, no less. 5 min quarters almost makes it seem like if you're behind at the end of the 3rd by more than one touchdown you can't have any sweet comebacks, and 8 mins+ makes the games too high scoring and take forever. 6 mins is fine with me.

Can't wait for this game, it appears to have the makings of one of the best NCAA's.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

1. I think that 2 users a conference would be good as long as there is a CC game.

2. Not a big fan of custom playbook but if we do it, then I'll adjust.

3. Not fun of a carousel as i want to play with the recruits I get.

4. The more rivalries the better.

5. 4 star or less is fine.

6. 7 minutes please. It feels like a real game and the stats reflect it.

6. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

7. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

No preference on how many users are in whichever conference.

I'm 100% fine with custom playbooks. I have the freedom to get the defensive counter to any play IMO.

I do like the idea of carousel, assuming I keep my job :p. Hopefully my playbooks spread around the country

I'd prefer to protect user rivalries (If you're in a conference with someone, change it so that you always play, like Maryland and UVA)

I'll play with whatever star limit you all want.

I would also prefer 6 or 7 minutes, 8+ drags and 5- is basically play now >_>

Additionally, I was wondering if we could keep the recruiting difficulty at the same level throughout. I remember we had it on AA for our first season, and a lot of people didn't have success (Only 1 user Top 25 class), so we went to Varsity for a couple of seasons. I'd much prefer struggling through the low-prestige years to earn strong classes instead of lowering the difficulty so that we own recruiting, and then only moving it up once we can....own recruiting anyway. Constantly recruiting top 10 classes makes both recruiting and games more boring, because we all have 100% of the talent, and all the CPUs end up fielding C-level teams. Regardless, your school's star rating is tied to your record, and we'll all gain stars through that, eventually, because we all know how to beat the CPU pretty systematically (EA fail).

8. Twister18

Nice to see ya here Abomb!

9. QBKILLAR

I'm surprised that people arent a fan of custom playbooks. I would just like to keep what I roll with now but throw in some Bulldog heavy plays.

I think Abom. has a point on the recruiting. As active as this dynasty is I think just a couple of months in we will all be 5* teams and get the recruits then.

10. steven.foster

steven.foster Walk On

I'm cool with everything abom said except for rivalries I would like to have cam as my rival so I get a user win every season lol. I also believe that everyone should have the team they want that are within in the stars commanded by the commish. Anotherwards mike should get ku and shouldn't be punished for no conference championship. So I guess my vote is 2 a conference. Everything else I'm with abom on. Especially recruiting!

11. steven.foster

steven.foster Walk On

Lol I meant in other words

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Says the guy who can't recruit to save his life hahaha

13. pnc

pnc Walk On

Hey guys Id be interested in joining your league now and into 12 if you still have room. Im in the rise and overdrive leagues now and im looking to add another one. ive been looking at your polls and I agree with 7 minute quarters 4 star teams and AA recruiting. in my opinion you dont get enough poessissions in 6 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

I'm sure our rivalry would be more even if you had the balls to play me without Chew clock on, which is something else that needs to be discussed.

15. Twister18

I was Wisconsin last year in the Rise!

16. pnc

pnc Walk On

I joined a few weeks ago. Fuzzy invited me in from another league we were playing in. Im Michigan now and will be playing with Illinois next year. Why did you get out?

17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yikes.. That's a big no-no around here if I'm not mistaken. You could really get called out for playing the entire game like that. Just letting you know. I'll gtfo now :p

18. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

Thank you!!!!

19. QBKILLAR

Not only could he but he did get called out. I didnt think we were suppose to run chew clock unless the game was well in hand. Even then I usually asked my opponent if he was cool with it.

Who is stephen.foster?

20. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

rockchalk

21. QBKILLAR

Ahhhh... that explains it. Those guys actually know each other dont they. Kind of like you and money?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Twister18

I had a chance to get into T3 so I jumped at that.

23. Twister18

He never does that to me. :D

24. steven.foster

steven.foster Walk On

lol I didnt chew clock on you at all in the latest game you might be talking about 10'