Rules & Guidelines for the New File

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

jandy cyhiphopp jandy cyfan13 Rhight KnightNoles Antonio T. ISUCubswin guitarDADDY1208 Ben

Please confirm that you've read and understand everything below. Thanks!

For any of you that haven't played in Chompions League, we generally put some restrictions in place. These are not meant to be punitive, instead they're here to help balance some of the exploits or faults in this game, and keep the user teams from outpacing the CPU by too much. Our goal is to have realistic roster turnover, where even the best teams have positional strengths and weaknesses.

Here are some of the rules that I'm looking at right now, some new and some from the old files. I will be making the final calls on these, but would appreciate feedback.

Recruiting
    I think one of the biggest faults in NCAA 14 is that you can unlock 100% of 20 player's ratings before the season even starts. This makes recruiting extremely easy, unrealistic, and keeps users from really ever feeling the pain of working hard for a 5-star that turns out to be a bust. Here is what we're doing to counter-balance that, along with a few other things...
    • Users can only have 1 point in the scouting tree, which at that level will unlock 25% of the recruit's ratings. This means that - at the earliest - it will take four scouting cycles to unlock 100% of a player's ratings
    • Users cannot convert an athlete with 89+ speed to play Quarterback
    • Users cannot convert an athlete to quarterback in consecutive seasons
    Scholarships
    Your number of scholarships available is determined by the following 3 things:
    A) 70 - number of players on your roster
    B) number of seniors
    C) 2 player cushion
    A + B + C = the amount of scholarships that you can offer
    • Users can create an additional cushion of up to 2 more players by declaring that an underclassmen rated 93+ will definitely go pro. This has to be done in the preseason, and that player CANNOT be on the users roster the following year. For instance, I can say that Joey Bosa will unequivocally go pro after Year 1, giving me an extra scholarship to play with.
    • If a user can only sign 15 players, that means that they can only have 15 scholarships offered at any given time. Scholarships cannot be reneged, once you offer a player that scholarship counts against your total until the players signs with another team
    Redshirt Restrictions
    • You can only redshirt 1/3 of guys rated 78 and higher
    • Cannot redshirt more than 1/2 of players regardless of overall
    • No non-freshman/transfer/juco can redshirt
    • Must have 8 OL not redshirting
    Players Leaving Early
    This game has two big problems with players going pro. For one, some of the best players in college football will inexplicably never go pro in this game. Secondly, it's far too easy to convince a player to return to school when they do declare for the draft. With that in mind....
    • Underclassmen who are rated 93+ and finish in the top three of any major award category MUST go pro. If they don't declare for the draft, simply cut them to simulate them leaving for the NFL
    • Underclassmen who are rated 95+ and finish in the top 10 of any major award category MUST go pro
    • Players projected to be drafted in rounds 1-5 cannot be swayed to return unless...
      • Five-star programs can convince one player projected in rounds 3-5 to return
      • Four-star programs can convince two players projected in rounds 3-5 to return
    Advance Policy
    CPU Games must be played within 48 hours, user games within 72 hours

2. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

• Cannot redshirt more than 1/2 of players regardless of overall
    This mean we can't rs 35+ players?

Agree with everything else

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Highly doubt you'll have 35 freshman ever

4. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

That's my question, what do u mean 1/2?

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Question regarding ATH QBs. Is it cool if I assign an ATH to QB with 87 speed and he later progrsses to more than 89?

Also, if I assign an ATH to QB one year, but get a different ATH the next year that I'd rather have at QB, can I move the first QB to a different position? That would give me only one ATH at QB during that time period.

I just don't want to miss out on a QB who's much better at passing than anything else if I arbitrarily assigned an ATH the previous year.
    Also, switching the first years QB to another position would have the penalty of losing the AWR progression for that year and taking a hit when moving positions.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

For redshirting rules, last file we didn't include Offensive Linemen in the restrictions because almost a lot of OL redshirt.

Just wondering if we wanted to do that this time around.

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

1/2 of all incoming Freshman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Also, are we not going to redshirt JuCos?

Sophomores or Juniors?

9. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I agree with Cy on ath and qb moves. U never know what next pool of recruits look like, like real life

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yes, I expect 87 speed qbs will progress to the 90-92 range and that's OK.

Making those changes is A OK, you'll just lose
    out on progression.

As for the offensive linemen, I've done a lot of research about how top programs redshirt, so we're going to just keep it that you can only redshirt half of your incoming players. It's also a little cleaner that way.

You can redshirt JUCOs and transfers

• Like Like x 1
  11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I completely understand the spirit of the rule. So we don't have a full pipeline of QBs with 90+ speed.

I'm fine with spacing them out, but if I get a 5 star ATH who will be the best QB I've ever had, I don't want to have him blocked out of the QB spot because I put a lesser QB athlete there the previous season.

It happens a lot on real life where the older QB gets beat out by the young recruit and ends up moving to WR or something.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Like I said, that's fine. I'm just trying to mitigate quarterback stacking

13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I'm cool with that and I like the challenge. It really isn't terribly realistic for that many super-athletic QBs to stay at the same school all at QB. They wither change positions or transfer.

It would be nice if the transfer logic worked to prevent stacking. We'll just have to simulate it by making recruiting harder.

14. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Read and understood!

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

If anyone is confused about the math we will just go over it together in the forum during the first offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ben

Ben Walk On

Read and don't get it.

Ha! Just messing. Nailed it.

17. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I agree with everything except the scouting tree, 2 points may seem more logical considering how many weeks there are in college football. I've been in a dynasty where there was one point in the scouting tree and what ended up happening when you take 4 weeks to recruit a player and don't use Max points on him... You start losing out to CPU schools. Just my 2 cents...

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

50% scouting still makes it way to easy. The point of this regulation is user should be going all in on guys with good measurable, even if you don't know their full ratings

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

FSU may or may not have sanctions on them

[​IMG]

20. cyfan13

cyfan13 Walk On

Read and confirmed

21. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Read and confirmed

22. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Walk On

Read and confirmed. How to I join?

23. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Details are in the other thread

Dynasty name: CL16
    Password: tso

24. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Walk On

Anyone ever gone 60-0 or am I gonna be the first?

25. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]