Rules Needed TO Be Discussed..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DreSmithJr, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Rules Needed TO Be Discussed..

After Reviewing a couple of the rules there are a few questions i have..

1) Swaying Players To Stay...
    My Player being a 95 or higher or being a Junior who has won the heisman cant stay? The goal of this league is to be sim correct? So here are 2 RECENT real life occurances of these things happening which leads me to wonder...

Tim Tebow <--- stayed to finish his senior year... its called school pride. If a player wants to stay.. he can stay. I dont see the issue..

Sam Bradford <--- Heisman Trophy Winner that chose to stay for another year... he could of went pro.

How is this an issue? what does SIM have to do with this?

2) Speed Limit ratings at certain positions?
    There are default fbs/TEs that are faster then the limited speed ratings you gave. If i recurit a Te that runs a 4.4 im not moving him to WR to suit the rules. you shud just have a weight limit.

This topic is for all rules for people that have a valid question or reasoning for a discussion to post in. Lets not shoot the LG in the foot before we start

2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Concerning the sliders that were posted, are there any changes being made to the player threshold rating ?

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

The reasoning behind this rules is that it's too easy to convince players to stay, and within leagues you would majority of players who would enter the draft talked into staying. Some leagues do not allow this at all. For this league we just don't allow the elite of the elite.... it happens, but not that often. If we allowed it then you would once again have majority of players returning who shouldn't... Therefore this is the best solution for the situation.

This is only for position changes. So If you recruit a player who is a TE these rules does not apply to him. This is to prevent players from moving who should be for example a WR and putting them at TE to expose mix-matches. A fast speedy WR is not going to convert to a wide receiver...

Seriously do not hesitate to ask any questions that doesn't make sense too you!!

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Nope.... A lot of us "including me" changed that slider at the beginning when trying to find good sliders for gameplay. After a lot of testing it seems to work best leaving it at default. The gameplay for the most part is good out of the box, and when you start tweaking a lot of things it opens up a new can of problems..... I am pretty confident with the complete sliders we are using. It's not too difficult where you will constantly feel like you are being cheated, but at the same if you underperformed the cpu can pull out a victory against you.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The players leaving rule is always the first to be questioned by new members. However it is a widely common rule across TF. This year, as it always is, it is way to easy to persuade guys. You always can get guys to stay no matter what. Things like Tebow do happen and still can happen... Just because your guy is rated over 95 doesn't mean he will leave FOR SURE, guys sometimes do not try to leave at all. It works great and models as close to sim as you can get.

It also tends to help with stat whoring as guys won't stat whore so bad with there good players if they know they cannot be persuaded to stay after putting up huge numbers ;)

6. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

The odds of players like Tebow and Bradford staying are probably close to 1 in 100, so this rule seems pretty fair. Just think, there is always a chance that your highly rated junior / award winner decides not to declare for the draft by themselves.