**RULES REMINDERS** ALL READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

There ARE NOT pointing anyone out, we simply have ALOT of guys new to TSO and the way that we do things, so, IMO a refresher is necessary and not a bad thing, pleas acknowledge that you have read this with a post at the end.

1) Please always be aware of passing situations a running around out of the pocket with the QB unnecessarily. You must learn to use AND step up into the pocket. I am not talking about when you get legitimate pressure and the pocket collapses, I understand that turns into a run option. However, I will NOT tolerate fleeing the pocket early with no pressure.

2) Kind of linked with 1 here...when in the shotgun you cannot drop back 5 more steps! That is why you are in the gun, you are already dropped! You may have a couple steps and use your pocket.

3) Definitely linked to 2...on screen passes DO NOT drop 10-15 yards out of the gun!! You can have a slight drop but I have seen guys in this game (not league) drop back 15 and roll to the sideline to set a screen, THIS IS CHEESE.

4) We all need to mix up formations, period. Running one set 90% of the game is not sim no matter what you say. Mix it up, its simple, not a big deal, and ends all predictability and will make you a better player anyways.

5) Running the same run play and simply flipping at the line according to the D is not sim as the CPU cannot adjust. Flipping is fine to use (though not EVERY play) but run plays need to be mixed up, not the same one out of the same set 90% of the time. I know for a fact if you are a Power-O gut you can run that same play out of about 40 sets.

6) Motion. Plays with motion automatically in them are fine. You may also motion a receiver or back yourself, HOWEVER, if doing this you MUST let the man come to a COMPLETE stop and pause. Again, the CPU cannot adjust quickly to things like this and the goal is not to just cheese the CPU.

7) Be careful on your audibles PLEASE. Never ever should you motion from the wishbone/fleXbox One/power-I/Maryland-I/I/ETC to 5-wide or any NON SIMILAR PERSONEL shotgun set (ie 2-back 2-wide I to 1-back 2-wide Gun is OK IMO). Its not a matter of what is done in real life (I'm I HS football coach, I know what crazy ass things and schemes teams do and pull out of their asses). Just because its done in real life doesn't make it sim, it is not allowed site wide because the CPU cannot adjust, period.

This isn't AT anyone, its a reminder for us ALL including me. We have a legit group here IMO, there is just some learning to be done still and there is nothing wrong with that.

Please POST and acknowledge.

Hokie Effect
    annil8tion
    ChuckDzzNutz
    GatorJes
    Matthew Keves
    Coacher
    papaloke
    Dwreck
    IXI DECAY IXI
    Baron
    GMangs

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Acknowledged Obersturmfuhrer.

3. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Great post. Thanks. ChuckDzz and I had a couple of things come up in our user game:

Where do we stand on:
    1. Staying in your lane on kickoffs
    2. Running the no huddle (only during 2 min drill?)

Oh, and how do I tag someones name on a post?

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Read and agreed! GO GREEN WAVE!!!

5. Baron

The no huddle is so completely broken (all praise to our Glorious Leaders, EA!) that running outside of the 2 minute warning is more a detriment to the person running it than anything.

6. Jman

1) You should stay in your lane , real life rules are usually run by the first one and run through the second one. That said, a little wiggle is fine IMO, looping around IS NOT.

2) The rules state when behind 21 I think and inside 2mins, BUT some teams do run the tempo/no huddle and it is allowed but you MUST let the defense get a call and adjust. You should also ONLY tempo/hurry on positive plays, huddle after losses, incompletions.

Baron
    Hokie Effect
    papaloke
    annil8tion
    ChuckDzzNutz
    GatorJes
    Coacher
    IXI DECAY IXI
    Dwreck
    GMangs
    Matthew Keves

All read and acknowledge this and the other stickied thread.

7. Jman

This. Sucks, but true. We will make due.

8. Baron

lol Given Jman's fragile psyche, maybe I shouldn't be constantly bitching about the flaws of the game, lest he bolt. :p

9. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Thanks for the reminders, got it!

10. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Acknowledged

11. Jman

One other thing for everyone, be careful using conservative carry all the time in this game, its broke, fumbles WILL NOT happen, and that's not right IMO.

Don't use it the entire game, use it situationally.

12. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

What's the policy on putting strip to aggressive . . . 4th qtr. when you're losing only?

13. Jman

Situational IMO. Not something that should be used all game long for sure.

I only use it in the 4th if I'm down, I don't like it otherwise and besides that conservative carry will make it null and void if an opponent is overusing/abusing it.

14. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Acknowledged

15. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

acknowledged

16. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Acknowledged!!!