Rules to look at

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 9, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

2. natedawg212000

bump - thoughts? anyone actually look at this, or is everyone just given up and coasting until madden 11?

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I've been waiting for the board to get fired back up. Honestly I think that 90% of these rules should be added if not. They are very well thought out and make total sense. These are the ones that I really like, but as I said, I didn't see too many that I would not vote to add (even though I am not on the rules committee.

DEF

3. DL rule: You may pinch DL 2/3 times per series, do not abuse this. It is ok to do when expecting the run not pass.

5. Do not use cover 4 every play, only when 3-4 wr's and if its long yardage situation.

6. Switch up your formations no team runs a 46 def the whole game. And also don’t use the same defensive play every down. You should have 5-8 defensive plays to use given the situation (Down and Distance).

7. 1-5-5 set only vs 3+ wr set. 4-3/4-6/3-4 should not be used vs 4+ wr set unlesss short yardage or 1st down. Mix it up, as per rules.

OFF

You may not pass more than 50% to HB + FB combined.( 1 over do not complain about)

1. QB run rule. No more than 6 times a game not including sneaks. I prefer not as a first option, only if chased or if nothing open. After looking downfield for recievers, play sim please.

2. QB sprint rule:

3. No hurry up offense unless in the fourth Qtr. With under 2 minutes or 2nd Qtr. under 2 minutes. Again if down by enough go for it, use common sense and talk to your opponent.

4. When doing motion in Offense your receivers have to be set in their positions. Do not hike before this happens. Don’t motion (or audible to hot route) too much, one is fine but doing it like 4 times a play is cheese.

5. Do not kill the clock until the 2 minute mark in 4th Qtr.

7. No dropping back more than 10 yards with QB. Don’t want see any 20 yard dropbacks.

10. WR screen is limited to no more than 4 times a game and never on back to back plays.

11. Same goes with Wildcat formations.

Game

1.No using goaline offense or defense except in redzone. Do not abuse this.

3. Play your games!! We will have a deadline and you got to let me know if you can’t make it or else you gone!!!

6. Play like a gentleman, meaning do not run up score(including vs cpu), do not verbally assault people, we are adults lets play like adults.

9. On Punt returns you may not take a lineman back to block, leave lineman where he is.

10. Mix up your playcalling a bit, meaning do not use same formation all the time and same play.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree. We should think about adding most of these in to our rule book.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

I like them most as well...

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I'd agree, it helps to put a number to cap the cheese plays...

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I will dive into this more in a bit but most of these rules are covered by our "mix up your gameplay" rule.

8. natedawg212000

I am ok with tweaking our rule to add this. I think its just a good sim style rule.

I think our rule covers this. I don't know what he's trying to say at the end of that rule, its pretty confusing. I would like to add if they control a Dline player then they must stay that player until that player is engaged with another player.

I like this rule also. Very specific.

I am on the fence about this one. I would be ok with it.

I am fine with adding this rule also.

Again, I like it. Very specific about mixing it up.

Again, I like it. Stupid 49ers ran 1-5-5 all freaking game.

I LOVE this rule. i would really like to add this. Some guys (ex-texans owner) forgot that he has wrs on their teams.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. This would be a great addition.

I would like to add that to our qb scramble rule.

Again, we have the must throw before numbers rule, but I would like to add our version of this to be more specific.

Our rule covers this better IMO.

LOVE it! Thank goodness old falcons owner is gone, but this was one of his major hang ups.

I like our rule better.

I don't see this very often any more, but i'd love to add it just to make sure.

We have this rule. Wait, I just looked and we do not. I am not sure how that rule was taken out, but this has to go in our rules.

Not sure what this even is, but I guess i'd be ok with it.

I don't see any need for this rule. I haven't seen a wr pass in all my games since madden 10.

I personally think 4 is too low, but i am more than willing to allow this one to be added.

Again, I think 4 is too low, but I am willing to allow this one to be added also.

I didn't even know this was in the game still, LOL. I am ok with adding it.

This was very much discussed here. If we want to tweak ours then we can discuss some more, but I think our rule is just fine.

I am totally fine with adding this.

Not needed, it is covered in above rule.

I think our rule covers this.

Again our rules cover this.

I like our rules better. Willing to open to discussion if needed to tweak though.

I like our rule better.

We have rules for this.

I am ok with adding this part to our rule about keeping it off the forums.

IMO, we have this covered with the deadlines and with someone watching over the scheduling post. If you guys feel we need it we can add it.

We have this covered with our rules.

I think we have this covered in our rules.

I haven't seen a issue with this, but we can discuss if need be.

9. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Sounds good. I think we need to stress to the league to watch out for people breaking rules and if they do, their opponent must tell them to stop if they don't let the board now and they will receive a warning. We need to start cracking down hard on people who are taking advantage of game play.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Hey guys, glad to see the general reception of these rules I drafted up is pretty positive. If you guys have any questions about explaining one further or perhaps the reason just let me know.

11. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Welcome in Emmo!

12. Emmdotfrisk

Thanks! I hate to interject but I would like to explain my SN a bit further...

SN = Emmdotfrisk

Stand for = M.Frisk

My real name = Markus Frieske

Emmo reminds me of an Emo punk band!

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

So....no Emmo huh? I was branded Web online. I just accepted it. lol

14. Emmdotfrisk

haha ok just hoping you weren't misreading my SN. You guys are the only ones who call me emmo haha, everyone calls me Frisk.

15. natedawg212000

frisk it is ;)

16. natedawg212000

Ok, I (since I am on the rules committee) have called a vote to the rules that are needed. The only rule I wont call a vote for that I will automatically add is what we already do, but is not stated in our rules and that is to keep things off the forums.

If you want a rule discussed then talk about it here, if your on the rules committee then you can call a vote.