Rules We Need To Decide On

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 8, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Rules We Need To Decide On

oing on 4th Down:

We encourage straight play in this dynasty, however, We do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, there will be a simple rule on 4th downs:

A) Whenever you are past the 50 yard line with 1 yard or less to go, you are permitted to go for it on 4th down.
    B) If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    C) If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter you can go for it whenever you like.

NO HUDDLE OFFENSE:

You can run the no huddle in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and if you are down by 2 TDs in the 2nd half. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to no huddle as often as they like. When using the no huddle offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties is obviously prohibited.

QB SCRAMBLING:

Unrealistic QB Scrambling/Sprinting is frowned upon on pass plays, including screens. Constantly dancing from sideline to sideline, running straight back wards or well behind the line of scrimmage without being under pressure is not realistic. This does not include option plays, designed QB runs or broken/pressured play situations.

MOVING PLAYERS BEFORE THE SNAP:

On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, if you move an individual player before the snap you must control that player at the snap of the ball. This includes moving a player to cover an assignment. Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your play calling.(This rule is on hold until we play the game and see how the AI reacts to different blitzes. If the AI can adjust than this rule can be more general like saying anything that is considered cheesing or exploits weaknesses or glitches is prohibited. If the AI cannot adapt a rule similar to the one above will probably be needed)

BLITZING:

While blitzing is certainly a part of the game, please be realistic when doing so. Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (spreading your Dline then shifting LBs to create AI holes). This also falls under the rules for mixing up play calling.

2. natedawg212000

I am actually ok with this wording. I don't have a huge issue with this cause its not super easy to get a 1st. I do hate it though when its done to me. Vikings went for 2 huge 4th and 1's and picked them both up to win the game. Sucks. I wouldnt mind changing it to like the 30 or so. I am ok as is though.

Again, I am ok with this rule also.

I would add that when you get to the numbers you have to run with it or throw before you get to the numbers.

I say you only allow dline to be moved with the shift buttons, lbs can be moved inside the lb box but they must control that player, and if they want to move safeties then they must control that player also. They can only move one player manually per play and must stay as that player until the ball is snapped. CBs can only be moved to bump or play back by presnap button.

I am ok with this rule also.

3. natedawg212000

SAV:
    I say no, to moving any player manually before the snap

but i could live with moving either a LB or S but it has to be realistic...and you must control that player until the ball is snapped

I personally control the MLB most of the time....i dont see a reason to manually move him before the snap...i try to read the play and then react...

4. natedawg212000

Nate
    the only reason i dont mind some movement is because some formations leave a lb covering a guy across the field from his position. and sometimes the cpu moves them to fake a blitz so thats why i dont have a issue with it. I also personally dont mind them coming up with a S for run support. Leaves them open for a big pass play.

Hopefully we can get 3/4 and josh to join us. neither have responded so far it doesn't look good lol.

5. natedawg212000

Jeremy
    I would not restrict a QB from throwing when he is outside numbers..This could happen in NFL..Heck it happened twice in Saints vs Jets..Sanchez rolled right and sacked in endzone and at the end of game he rolled right and standing on the sideline threw his 2nd pick to Sharper...As long as QB is doing it to avoid the rush and not to just cheese up easy completion I think it would be ok.

I say leave 4th down rules as are..

I think we should be able to move DL left or right one position manually but would have to stay on that man..All other player movement rules i agree with

6. natedawg212000

Nate
    problem with qb deal is it leaves it up as a judgement call. That is just one of the cheeser things to do and i've seen it done. just sprint to the outside to throw it deep. The numbers are almost to the sideline and I guess in my eyes its not a big deal to tell them to throw in inside the numbers and if you get outside then run it or throw it away.

7. natedawg212000

winuvas:
    Going on 4th down:

The only thing I think we could change is the location of the minimum area to go for it. I think instead of midfield, it should be the 40 yard line. Other than that, I like the 4th down rule and I think it works fine.

No Huddle Offense:

I have no problem with the rules as they are now. They are fair and balanced and make sense. If there were a way to work no huddle in like the Bills are doing this year (in real life) in the game, then we could change, but the way you do no huddle in Madden and NCAA is, quite frankly, BS.

QB Scrambling:

I am all for eliminating drop back 20 yard QBs or running all over the field to get receivers open. The biggest thing to clarify is what you mean by scrambling. I would say that once you break the tackle box area one way or the other, either:

1. Run with the ball.
    2. Throw the ball away (it IS in this game, R3 baby!)
    3. Complete a pass to the side of the field ran to.

The third point is debatable, obviously, but you get my view on it.

Moving players before the snap:

This is one I can't say too much about, as I usually play the DT or DE on 99% of the plays I play on defense. I would say you can move a max of 3 players before the snap, and you must control one of the three. Also, you cannot move a linebacker out of the box (sort of like the rule in now dead arena football) nor can you move a linebacker or safety outside the hash marks. The only players eligible for movement have to be within the hash marks, or, if the offense is far to one hash, the defense cannot move a player outside the tackle box.

Blitzing:

I have no problem with blitzes in the game so far. I tend to have hot reads on every play already planned, so if I see a player coming I did not expect, I go for the hot read. However, the rule as it is can stay, in my opinion.

Think that covers most of the rules being discussed.

8. natedawg212000

I updated the rules book

9. natedawg212000

Ok, we need to discuss this movement rule on defense.

I personally don't want people moving all kinds of players all around the place, but I have no problem with allowing someone to move 2 PLAYERS per play and they must control ONE of those players. No Safety or CB can be moved inside the lb 'box' and you still can NOT move a dline player manually ANY WHERE

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have no problem allowing the movement 2 players and controlling one.

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

same, no more than 1 non user controlled player moved.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I personally have no problems with movement of players at all. I wouldn't mind allowing up to 3 people be moved on the line, with the following restrictions:

1. No LBs go outside of the tackle box if already in it, and no LBs going into the tackle box that are not in it at the start of the formation.
    2. No movement of CBs at all.
    3. FS/SS movement must stay within the hashlines.
    4. The player MUST control one of the players moved.

Obviously I'm flexible on the amount of players movable. But I think the ground rules still apply.

Let me know if I'm off base.

13. natedawg212000

I think i am ok with all those except outside of hash marks. Thats why we are allowing them to move players is to line up with wrs or rbs that are outside. Unless I am just totally wrong and players aren't outside of the hash marks.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Typically if you are moving a FS/SS to play man, you can either:

1. Move him to in front of the WR manually, OR
    2. Select man align on the secondary audibles.

By keeping players in the hashlines, you can somewhat disguise coverage and keep players honest. By keeping players in the hash, I'm thinking more along the lines of players coming up for blitz purposes. But I don't typically move a lot of players at all before snap. So maybe I'm not the best to comment on this.

15. natedawg212000

problem with man align is it doesnt work, at least not as it did in the past. I am cool with bobbys idea. anyone else?

16. natedawg212000

after i get some input i'll post this up also....

17. Jeremy

Not sure if I understand completely what we are changing.

Going off of Bobbie's idea, we will allow ss\fs to be manually moved to the line of scrimmage to man-up on a receiver or back, correct?

I am ok with this, but how many players can we still move?? Only one and have to control that player??

I was in favor of being able to manually move 2 players but that was before we decided to allow fs\ss movement.

We just better be careful with this rule change. I have a feeling that people really pushing for this, want it not for the reason of coverage but to gain an advantage in blitzing.

18. natedawg212000

ya. I too will cut it off if we start having nano blitzes which I have seen in this game. I am all for allowing you to move 2 guys and you must control ONE of those guys. If they move one guy and then control the DT thats fine.

19. Jeremy

so we will allow a fs/ss to be moved up to the LOS as long as he is man-up with a reciever?
    What if he wants his fs to man-up with a back in the backfield. Will we allow his fs to line up in the LB box ?

20. natedawg212000

I say no. I say you can manually move 2 players, you must control one of those players, if you move a lb, they can not be moved up to the line in between a gap. If they are lined up in a gap they must be off the line of scrimmage. If they move a safety or cb they must keep them out of the lb box.

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To be perfectly honest, I'm not the best one to advise on this matter. I haven't played a lot of online games at ALL. You guys have and have seen all the cheese tactics firsthand. So I will bow to the online players on this one. Whatever you guys decide is cool with me.

In other words, I abstain from voting on this matter because of my lack of experience unless my vote is absolutely needed.

22. natedawg212000

So are we good to go with the rule like I explained or do we want something else? I am just trying to knock some things off our plate.

23. Jeremy

Sounds good..

24. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm game as well for the rule as stated by Nate.

25. natedawg212000

i am posting this up tonight if no arguments