Rules

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Please look through the rules again and make sure your gameplay isn't going against them, whether the letter of the law or the spirit of the law. For example, mix up the playcalling, don't drop your QB back 10-15 yards every pass play, and don't fake kick. Just a few of the things I've heard about recently. Familiarize yourself with the rules again. If you have questions, let me know before you break a rule. :)

As a side note, I did have one user ask about when it's ok to go for it on 4th down inside your opponents territory. Please refer to the chart in the rules. One exception can be if your kicker flat out can't kick a deep FG. If you know this going into a game, let your opponent know PRIOR to the game being started. If you haven't, you CANNOT go for it in a situation where your kicker can't make the long FG (for example, on your opponent's 28 yard line, equalling a 45 yard FG. If your kicker can't hit that and you didn't mention it prior to the game, you either punt or attempt the FG anyway. If you've mentioned it to your opponent so they're aware before the game, it's ok to go for it if it's not a ridiculous amount of yards in the situation).

As an addendum to that, if your kicker really can't hit the long FG, you may want to post it in the forums so everyone is aware. If you've posted it here, that's good enough for me to allow you not to kick the FG if your kicker can't hit it. Again, play within reason with this.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

2. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

My kicker pretty much sucks... (He's a true freshman)

3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

True freshman kicker here with kick power in 60's.Max out at a 42 yarder. Sometimes 43 if he puts his back into it lol

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Please let folks know his max.

5. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Parrot the one problem we might see with this is people just neglecting kickers in recruiting knowing that if they don't sign one they can still go for it if kicker is bad. Just my opinion but I think there should still be some sort of hard yardage or time and score rule maybe to make it fair? Its a tough thing to police and we could come up with some problems in user games. For example its fourth and 9 from the 35 your up by 7 you could say well my kicker can't make a 52 yarder I'm going for it. In real life that's about a 70-30 call with only the most aggressive coaches going for it. I just think without a hard cap too much is left for judgement. Maybe between 23-28 yard line and 4 yards or less? Just a suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Agreed. I would definitely say if you're up by 7 or more, you either attempt the FG anyway or punt. I also like the 4 yards or less portion. So the rule will be as such:

If it's 4th down and you're inside your opponent's territory, you CANNOT go for it if you are outside the 28 yard line or if the yards to go is more than 5. At this point, you must either attempt the FG or punt.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

My kicker has 88 kpw so yea... Longest FG I've kicked this season is 57, I can make a 59 if I have some wind behind me

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  8. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

My kicker has 87 power with the longest being from 54 thus far, I'd guess 56-57 would be my max without much wind help

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'd expect you guys would be kicking FG in that "gray" area we're discussing here. Outside of your kicker's range, and you'd be punting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.